WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

The Superhero movie trend/wave is drastically slowing down…

I don’t expect to see nearly as many supehero movies going forward the next few years…not until they can build another IW/EG event with F4/Xmen.

DC has a chance to put out some solid super hero content while the MCU is in a lull/waiting period

Their writing as if they got their 12 incher hanging out and they know it. They need to put more effort into these things. Endgame was a long time ago already. It’s like doc rivers getting a forever pass for a chip win more than a decade ago.

that said, eternals just plain old sucked.
Marvel has been letting their nuts hang ever since y’all let those trash Ant Man movies rock. They’re not afraid of taking any risks at this point and it’s a good thing .

The “trend” is fine. They need to stay away from the same tried formula. Use the characters in different genres like they used to. Forgettable villain + funny guy + sucky jokes + world build + world build + omg avengers reference = 🤷🏽‍♂️

that needs to be a thing of the past

Marvel has been letting their nuts hang ever since y’all let those trash Ant Man movies rock. They’re not afraid of taking any risks at this point and it’s a good thing .
What risk have they taken since past endgame? Movies have been as cookie cutter as they get. Dbz filler episodes to an extent.

Just bring on the X-Men/Deadpool.And no, before you even think about it, There’s no need to change the name for inclusivity.

The characters weren’t the problem with eternals, the movie just sucked. You could see where the movie actually had life in it and when it didn’t but it had absolutely no direction. The most I felt attached to was the black dude and his family. I understood completely why he felt what he did and why he wanted to save the planet. The rest of them really had to reason to based on what they showed us without an Uber reach devoid of actual emotion

Eternals as movie just felt dry, boring, and anticlimactic.

I didn't hate the characters but at the same time if Marvel never included them in another movie I wouldn't bat an eye.

Add in a generic end of the world plot and dumb CGI monsters and you have a 2.5 hour slice of cold leftover morning pizza.

What was the purpose of this movie?

Is this supposed to lead into something audiences will give a **** about?

Who out here lining up for Eternals 2 b?

Can someone go watch a Guardians movie or Thor Ragnarok and tell me with a straight face that this is of similar ilk?

This mf Ikaris really said "my bad yo" and flew into the ******* sun

Eternals as movie just felt dry, boring, and anticlimactic.

I didn't hate the characters but at the same time if Marvel never included them in another movie I wouldn't bat an eye.

Add in a generic end of the world plot and dumb CGI monsters and you have a 2.5 hour slice of cold leftover morning pizza.

What was the purpose of this movie?

Is this supposed to lead into something audiences will give a **** about?

Who out here lining up for Eternals 2 b?

Can someone go watch a Guardians movie or Thor Ragnarok and tell me with a straight face that this is of similar ilk?

This mf Ikaris really said "my bad yo" and flew into the ****ing sun
I walked out thinking the same thing. What the **** was the point of this movie??? They threw everything they had into “world building” and ended up building no world lol. The characters are trash because they had no real dynamics or connection. They tried to pretend like they “loved that world” yet most of them took the time to hide in isolation. Their main girl was killed by random cgi dogs :rofl:

I also hate the “fly to the sun” thing. The sun is so far away. Dude had to be traveling multiple times the speed of light :lol: so ******* lame

Last edited:
Tried to tell y’all bout eternals…..
thatsnoneofmy.jpg

marvel just putting out tooo much content, this is the beginning of inflation until they introduce XMEN and F4

they have run the course for most the other properties.

Dr. Strange, spidey & GOG will have to hold the fort down.

the expansion of new “b & c level” heroes like kamala khan, she hulk and moon knight just not gonna hit. The nostalgic value from consumers/fans 30+ just ain’t there like it was with Iron Man, Capt America, Thor etc….and the consumer under 30 don’t really have any clue who these characters are…..so if the 30 somethings aren’t rocking with the new properties their kids wont really either.

thats why MCU has been so successful to this point it has been capitilizing of the old 80’s & 90’s audience while introducing those properties to the new 00’s &10’s audience….generationally like star wars does.
This is very true. I checked out after Endgame. After Iron Man, Cap, and (sadly :emoji_disappointed:) Black Panther are gone the MCU just doesn't have that excitement anymore for me.

This is very true. I checked out after Endgame. After Iron Man, Cap, and (sadly :emoji_disappointed:) Black Panther are gone the MCU just doesn't have that excitement anymore for me.

they ain’t even get started on X-men, f4 and the other fox properties

plus got Spider-Man and doctor strange coming

they ain’t even get started on X-men, f4 and the other fox properties

plus got Spider-Man and doctor strange coming
Tom Holland's Spiderman was always ok at best to me. The goat will always be Toby McGuire. And as far as X-Men, F4, and the other Fox properties
where-are-they-searching.gif

We ain't getting no younger. I was looking forward to Blade, but Mahershala Ali gonna be damn near 50 when that movie comes out.

Tom Holland's Spiderman was always ok at best to me. The goat will always be Toby McGuire. And as far as X-Men, F4, and the other Fox properties
where-are-they-searching.gif

We ain't getting no younger. I was looking forward to Blade, but Mahershala Ali gonna be damn near 50 when that movie comes out.

only spidermans even in the convo with Tom are:

1636406225383.jpeg

I've been thinking about this for a while, correct me if I'm wrong but:

Isn't MCU Thanos not an Eternal, but a biological being from the planet Titan who saw his civilization die? How da hell would he have a "brother" that is a robot created by the Celestials?

Isn't MCU Thanos not an Eternal, but a biological being from the planet Titan who saw his civilization die? How da hell would he have a "brother" that is a robot created by the Celestials?
Brother, like the way brothers use it :lol:

They never actually gave Thanos an origin just a brief description of his past and why his motivations are what they are.

Nothing's stopping more revelations like Thanos being different than other Eternals actually revealed himself and tried to have the mortals on Titan pursue a different path only for them all to die anyway

He could still have all those connections that his comic version has.

Also whose to say everybody dying on earth when it could've been prevented by taking lives in some cold blooded manner isn't what sets one of the Eternals down a similar path as Thanos.

Back
Top Bottom