WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I don't think ridley or the interviewer even know what superheroes are. No one would say Ripley, Maximus, or Dekker are superheroes.

maximus is basically what captain America was supposed to be

ripley is like whatever awkwafina’s character was/is named

Dekker is cobie smulders?

I mean The Green Goblin in kinda a big deal in the Spider-Man mythos. Man what if the kill off “MJ” and bring on the actual Mary Jane Watson?

So Phastos created the 10 rings, right? :nerd:
If it wasn't in the Codex does it mean it wasn't created on Earth? Which would mean it wasn't made by Phastos?

Unless it was Phastos when they supported another world before getting their memory erased?

I feel him though

all the superhero movies are literally the same using a hero’s journey cookie-cutter mold for each one….literally every MCU movie is a hero’s journey arch….

1. The Ordinary World
2. The Call of Adventure
3. Refusal of the Call
4. Meeting the Mentor
5. Crossing the First Threshold
6. Tests, Allies, Enemies
7. Approach to the Inmost Cave
8. The Ordeal
9. Reward (Seizing the Sword)
10. The Road Back
11. Resurrection
12. Return with the Elixir

They use the journey for every character, and for the introduction of the nostalgic characters was great so we played along because we were happy to have them just on film….

decades in, it just feels like the same movie on repeat but with different characters, different cheesy buddy cop 1 liners and bigger CGI.

And ridley scotts b-reel >>>>

I feel him though

all the superhero movies are literally the same using a hero’s journey cookie-cutter mold for each one….literally every MCU movie is a hero’s journey arch….

1. The Ordinary World
2. The Call of Adventure
3. Refusal of the Call
4. Meeting the Mentor
8. The Ordeal
10. The Road Back
11. Resurrection

They use the journey for every character, and for the introduction of the nostalgic characters was great so we played along because we were happy to have them just on film….

decades in, it just feels like the same movie on repeat but with different characters, different cheesy buddy cop 1 liners and bigger CGI.

annoyed-irritated.gif

I feel him though

1. The Ordinary World
2. The Call of Adventure
3. Refusal of the Call
4. Meeting the Mentor
8. The Ordeal
10. The Road Back
11. Resurrection

This is wild disingenuous and/or incredibly naive when it comes to storytelling. Especially agreeing with Scott of all ppl

The majority of Hollywood movies follow a cookie cutter mold. Especially Ridley Scott's movies. The hero's journey is just one type. There are others that directors just constantly reuse; rags to riches, rebirth, tragedy, comedy, overcoming the monster, voyage and return, and the quest. These are basic plots all done by any director you hold in high regard. This is storytelling 101 ****. Every wannabe writer or director has or had a book about it.

Ridley Scott has directed or produced 4 Alien movies and they all follow the same exact template. Crew of scientists in space, encounter alien, most of the crew dies, one survivor, etc. I mean we can then really get in to the cast of characters that all fit some trope that we have all seen before. The same can be said of his other movies looking at his resume.

None of this **** is relatively new or innovative. The entertainment usually comes in the how.

You should remain consistent in your criticism about movies with the same story just with different characters, bigger cgi, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom