WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Fast and furious started off as kind of a joke that became a cult classic, got some actually pretty dope movies in between and then dove off a cliff into becoming a parade again....the last movie was probably the absolute worst.

I hope we don't have to wait until night time for them to release this trailer like they did the first trailer.

the Hero’s Journey is the oldest story telling method in the world I believe. Too many storylines follow that template to count. To blame marvel for not reinventing that wheel is stupid. Almost every way to change that story has been done because it’s old as dirt.
Yeah you can always tell when someone just learned some **** and feel bold about it. Also see damn near every Ridley Scott film for examples of the hero's journey.

Watching Shang Chi again, they really need to just edit out the last 20mins of the movie :lol: as soon as they went into the different world it went completely downhill. Addition by subtraction for sure
Yeah, didn't enjoy the final battle after the rewatch. Would've been great if it ended between just father and son. But whatever.

I feel him though

all the superhero movies are literally the same using a hero’s journey cookie-cutter mold for each one….literally every MCU movie is a hero’s journey arch….

1. The Ordinary World
2. The Call of Adventure
3. Refusal of the Call
4. Meeting the Mentor
5. Crossing the First Threshold
6. Tests, Allies, Enemies
7. Approach to the Inmost Cave
8. The Ordeal
9. Reward (Seizing the Sword)
10. The Road Back
11. Resurrection
12. Return with the Elixir

They use the journey for every character, and for the introduction of the nostalgic characters was great so we played along because we were happy to have them just on film….

decades in, it just feels like the same movie on repeat but with different characters, different cheesy buddy cop 1 liners and bigger CGI.

And ridley scotts b-reel >>>>

The "heroes journey" is just another way of describing 3 act story structure,

98% of Hollywood films use this structure because it's been honed and tested over a millennia of human story telling to efficiently tell a story.

so like yes, marvel films use basic 3 act / 5act sotry structure, but like so do 90% of movies
and 99% of big budget block busters. super hero or not

lol @ just discovering the hero's journey.
The same can be said of his other movies looking at his resume.

None of this **** is relatively new or innovative. The entertainment usually comes in the how.

are you not familiar with the original bladerunner and the impact it had on all sci fi movies going forward?

alien, you mean the first space horror of all time?

The significance of those 2 movies alone paved the way for many movies like it to be made……..dood is a innovator and considered one of the greatest filmmakers of our time, so I will disagree with you there.

your not wrong, and I never said that movies don’t follow molds…what I did say tho is MCU uses the HJ FOR EVERY SIGNLE MOVIE DOOD….and for a 12-25 year old that’s probably something they don’t even notice…but when you are 25+ and have seen a decent amount of cinema….rebranded hero’s journey’s with super hero costumes get a little repetitive….

obviously movie opinions are subjective based on what movies that person has seen in their lifetime, maybe I’m just getting older and the colorful tights and CGI just aint hitting the same anymore.

patiently waiting for F4, Xmen, blade and a few others but I’m not personally gobbling up everything MCU anymore, I’m pretty full and this is coming from someone who used to drool over the CASTING CALL section of WIZARD every month.

lol @ just discovering the hero's journey.
It honestly seems to be the case the way you're talking about MCU movies and defending Scott.

are you not familiar with the original bladerunner and the impact it had on all sci fi movies going forward?
Yes, the movie based on the book by Phillip K. ****.

alien, you mean the first space horror of all time?
So the 1950s just didn't happen? The Twilight Zone was created after Alien? The Outer Limits?

We're not talking about who was first to make a horror movie and set it in space.

You just made a post criticizing that MCU movies take the hero's journey and just copy it while only changing a few things.

Seriously look at Ridley Scott's resume and tell me he doesn't.

You literally ignored the fact that all he did with Prometheus and Covenant was copy the same template, story beat, and plot of Alien.
The significance of those 2 movies alone paved the way for many movies like it to be made……..dood is a innovator and considered one of the greatest filmmakers of our time, so I will disagree with you there.
You seem to be confused about what I'm saying or purposely adding extra **** in ypur post to avoid addressing what I said about Scott.

I never said he hasn't made great movies or isn't a great filmmaker.

You're agreeing with his opinion and then you added that MCU movies just take the hero's journey template and repeat it for all their movies.

Is that not what Ridley Scott does with a lot of his movies?

Or do you seriously not see that?

your not wrong, and I never said that movies don’t follow molds…what I did say tho is MCU uses the HJ FOR EVERY SIGNLE MOVIE DOOD….and for a 12-25 year old that’s probably something they don’t even notice…but when you are 25+ and have seen a decent amount of cinema….rebranded hero’s journey’s with super hero costumes get a little repetitive….

obviously movie opinions are subjective based on what movies that person has seen in their lifetime, maybe I’m just getting older and the colorful tights and CGI just aint hitting the same anymore.
Again everything you just said could be applied to Scott's filmography.

Like I said before, none of this is new. It's the HOW - as in how it's done - that makes them feel fresh and new, innovative, and most importantly entertaining.

Horrors were done to death before 1940. So it take mixing genres or getting creative with settings to put a fresh new spin on them. That's how you get an Alien but I'm not going to pretend Alien is some original idea that only Ridley Scott could've came up with when he didn't even create or write the story.

Same with Blade Runner.

Also I don't even think it takes being 25+ to recognize this. Cuz ppl who love film learn a lot of this stuff before they're 20. We had and have been having convos like this in the movie/tv thread for 10 years now.

Regarding Ridley it was in response to this:

“Ridley Scott has directed or produced 4 Alien movies and they all follow the same exact template. Crew of scientists in space, encounter alien, most of the crew dies, one survivor, etc. I mean we can then really get in to the cast of characters that all fit some trope that we have all seen before. The same can be said of his other movies looking at his resume.

None of this **** is relatively new or innovative”

yes blade runner is based on a book, but it takes a great filmmaker to adapt a story and visually build a practical world on screen, many have failed as you know…

Sure there were spaced themed dramas with elements of horror in them, always have been…but alien absolutely kicked off space HORROR, this is Alien’s significance in film, do you not agree? In 79, it was a game changer that changed everything sci fi going forward.

so yes ridley has done his share of sequels and franchises and Hollywood fodder

but to say his work is “nothing relatively new or innovative”

I gotta disagree, he was considered an innovator when he first hit the scene and has parlayed that reputation to land him big blockbuster projects and cement his spot a la’ Spielberg….

IMO. Ridley Scott is a legendary director and can say whatever he wants about marvel.

but the hero's journey critism is pretty silly, it's a 3 act structure,
Id say basically all of Ridley Scott's film follow 3 act story structure including blade runner.

but Ridley is a living legend,
Marvel fans should be honoured he's watched any MCU films. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom