WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Also, is Doctor Strange still slated for November? How can there be no trailer yet?!

I feel like now that spidey is officially introduced. Bvs will not touch CW3 money wise

Last edited:
Its nice seeing spidey and all, but damn would have been an amazing movie experience if they saved his reveal for the theaters.

If they wanted to tease spidey in the trailers, the screen turns right to black when the web hits cap's shield and during the black screen you just hear the "hey everyone" line, end trailer.

Which is why I think his eyes focusing and looking smooth was Stark's doing. Making him a professional suit. Cap probably went to get his help but Tony had him on the youth squad for a while now. Let Spidey cook by doing the low criminal jobs in NYC while the real Avengers did the international/world stuff

Its nice seeing spidey and all, but damn would have been an amazing movie experience if they saved his reveal for the theaters.

If they wanted to tease spidey in the trailers, the screen turns right to black when the web hits cap's shield and during the black screen you just hear the "hey everyone" line, end trailer.
This. Feels like these studios don't care about that movie experience anymore.

Last edited:

This Feels like these studios don't care about that movie experience anymore.
They never did

Watched the trailer for the second time and I'm about 90% sure Widow switches sides.

The scene in the trailer where Widow and Tony are talking he has the black eye and hurt arm/shoulder. He tells Widow "they're coming for you". I'm pretty sure he's referring to registration patrol. That along with seeing Widow behind Cap during the Spidey shot tells me she more than likely switched sides.

Also

Before it was a question to whom he was shooting at but Winter Soldier DEFINITELY fired at Tony

This. Feels like these studios don't care about that movie experience anymore.

Well when you throw hundreds of millions of dollars into a film, making money back is kinda more important than the movie experience.

If you really thought they wouldn't show Spidey in a trailer, I'm sorry for you

Facebook is plastered with this trailer and people taking screen shots and gifts of spidey. I couldn't avoid it if I tried

It's the smart business move to add Spidey

Making money is still the bottom line

Judging by how the only thing of the trailer that people have been talking about all day is Spidey, Marvel did the right thing

It could've been a lot worse. I was kinda scared the trailer was going to be dominated by Spidey. They gave us a nice clean look of him and one line. :pimp: Perfect marketing.

Last edited:
Well when you throw hundreds of millions of dollars into a film, making money back is kinda more important than the movie experience.

If you really thought they wouldn't show Spidey in a trailer, I'm sorry for you
Yeah movie would've made bank regardless of if he was in the trailer. I don't see anybody saying "holy ****, is that spiderman? I'm so gonna change my mind about seeing this film now." I'm not saying it was stupid for them to do so.

Last edited:
Yeah movie would've made bank regardless of if he was in the trailer. I don't see anybody saying "holy ****, is that spiderman? I'm so gonna change my mind about seeing this film now." I'm not saying it was stupid for them to do so.

Yes, the movie would've still made bank but definitely less if not for the trailer introducing Spidey to the MCU. You can't play the word of mouth game with millions of dollars on the line.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who are seeing the film because of Spider-Man. As much as everyone loves RDJ/Tony or Evans/Cap, the characters aren't nearly as popular as Spider-man. He's been a household name for decades. He's Marvel's poster boy.

Having Spidey definitely fills more seats. Some people didn't like AoU and are probably turned off by Civil War with the bitterness of it still in their mouths. By adding Spidey this movie is definitely something more than an ensemble. It's history.

One can argue that this film is just as big if not bigger than the original Avengers. Sure there's no Hulk or Thor but the additions they have make this film huge.

RDJ - The MCU golden boy

Black Panther - Sure there's been other black superheroes with films but not one with the history of Black Panther. I definitely don't want to derail this thread but I don't think people really understand how huge it is that during this time when there's a whole lot of hurt in the black community that we're getting an intelligent, passionate and strong person of color as a superhero who happens to be royalty.. A KING!

Spider-Man - The prodigal son returns!

I had the exacts same idea but to make the web sound very low so there could be possible speculation. Then boom movie drops then everyone sees it.
I am too hype right now. One thing I will say is Spiderman looked super CG, his suit didn't look natural like the solo spidey films

Back
Top Bottom