WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I didn't know that. What comic is that in? Where they unmake magneto their father.
They reveal Magento isn't their father in the Marvel event Avengers & X-Men: AXIS.

They explore and reveal more of their parentage and origins of their powers in Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 By Remender & Acuna.

I forgot they made magneto not their father. What purpose did that serve?

The real reason behind it is Fox having rights to X-MEN. They wanted to stick it to them.

If Marvel/Disney had the rights to Magneto, no way they would've changed the parentage. But like I said before, I don't even care what the comics say these days. They will always be Magneto's children to me
This is how you know whose parents are who or who is related to who is just fan preference.

For over a decade they weren't Magneto's children. They clearly knew who their parents were and then it got retconned for Magneto to be their dad in an even more convoluted story. When initially Stan always intended differently.

So for me why Marvel changed it back now doesn't even matter.

Last edited:
Why is everything in this thread FOX DID IT TO **** WITH MARVEL OR MARVEL DID IT TO **** WITH FOX
laugh.gif

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have been retconned and de-retconned for damn near 40 years. I guarantee that one day they will be Magneto's kids again.

Last edited:
I forgot they made magneto not their father. What purpose did that serve?

The real reason behind it is Fox having rights to X-MEN. They wanted to stick it to them.

If Marvel/Disney had the rights to Magneto, no way they would've changed the parentage.

Yep, but at this point it is what it is. Magneto's still around and is great, and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have honestly always been a mess anyways. Now they're just even more of a mess.

To me their connection to Magneto rarely ever mattered to both sides. The one time it really mattered was for House of M and that won't ever make it to film any time soon anyway.

Yes, when Kingberg and Singer conceived the Quicksilver scene they rubbed their hands together and laughed maniacally at the prospect of kicking Disney in the balls
laugh.gif

They reveal Magento isn't their father in the Marvel event Avengers & X-Men: AXIS.

They explore and reveal more of their parentage and origins of their powers in Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 By Remender & Acuna.
This is how you know whose parents are who or who is related to who is just fan preference.

For over a decade they weren't Magneto's children. They clearly knew who their parents were and then it got retconned for Magneto to be their dad in an even more convoluted story. When initially Stan always intended differently.

I understand but at the same time they've been Magneto's children longer than they weren't.

Growing up on X-MEN TAS and then watching X-MEN Evolution and Wolverine and the X-MEN they were always Magneto's children. There was no reason to change it except just to mess with FOX.

It may not matter why Marvel changed their parentage again to some, but they definitely did do it to spite FOX. To make their version of SW and QS more in line with the MCU since they can't use Magneto or mutants.

But it's all good. It will never change for me

FMMagnetofamily.jpg

Lol you act like competing companies don't react to each other, like everything they do is in a vacuum. That's not the real world, b.

Lol you act like competing companies don't react to each other, like everything they do is in a vacuum. That's not the real world, b.

I never said that. But even when other companies do similar things I call it shady. Just cause it's the real world doesn't mean it ain't whack

I never said that. But even when other companies do similar things I call it shady. Just cause it's the real world doesn't mean it ain't whack

Oh I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Kingdomflatbush

If what ya'll say is true, then Fox kicked Marvel harder in the balls.

Quickslowver casually moves dozens of people out from in front of a moving train but can't move a 5'10 man and a kid out of the way of a couple bullets without getting shot? He earned that L in AoU

Last edited:

Quickslowver casually moves dozens of people out from in front of a moving train but can't move a 5'10 man and a kid out of the way of a couple bullets without getting shot? He earned that L in AoU

Fox definitely had the better QS.

But if Fox wasn't using QS he more than likely never dies in AoU

I understand but at the same time they've been Magneto's children longer than they weren't.

Growing up on X-MEN TAS and then watching X-MEN Evolution and Wolverine and the X-MEN they were always Magneto's children. There was no reason to change it except just to mess with FOX.

It may not matter why Marvel changed their parentage again to some, but they definitely did do it to spite FOX. To make their version of SW and QS more in line with the MCU since they can't use Magneto or mutants.

FMMagnetofamily.jpg
I legit do not remember Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch even being in X-Men TAS. I grew up on that and maybe Quicksilver may have showed up but he wasn't in the Brotherhood on that cartoon or an Acolyte when Magneto took Asteroid M out to space. The other cartoons I never quite cared for.

That's the main thing I'm hinting on, the twins were in the Brotherhood in the comics for a quick stint and then reformed and joined the Avengers and then went on to be Avengers for decades and rarely went back to X-Men comics even when the X-Men got popular. The main connection then became strictly cuz of being related and even then there wasn't a whole lot of stories.

There's more stuff with Quicksilver and the Inhumans than there is with mutants.

As for just messing with Fox, I think it was more reclaiming their characters in the comics for stories they can use going forward. Marvel really isn't in the business of providing anymore source material for Fox given how little there already is with QS and SW interacting with the X-Men.

View media item 1956945
View media item 1956941

Pretty sure QS was killed on purpose. They didn't care about feats or if his death made sense.

They just murked him cuz Whedon needed a death that would stick in AOU to up the stakes going forward.

Or maybe after realizing both studios were gonna use the characters they decided one would get SW and the other would get QS. I mean if Fox kicked Marvel in the balls harder with QS they also completely banged their own balls on a railing with SW. They're suppose to be twins but they make Wanda a toddler in DofP for no explained reason and so far in Apocalypse which is in the 80s like 10 years later there is no signs she's in that movie either.

Last edited:
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were in one episode of X-Men the Animated Series which, of course, dealt with them finding out Magneto was their father and blaming him for their mother's death. They were more important in Evolution.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember Evolution and WATXM. Not sure what they're even based on.

The brotherhood is younger and they come off more like rivals to the X-Men not enemies. They went hard on the school theme in those cartoons.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were in one episode of X-Men the Animated Series which, of course, dealt with them finding out Magneto was their father and blaming him for their mother's death. They were more important in Evolution.

Also in the Phalanx episode. Magneto came out of seclusion to avenge what they thought were Pietro's death. Repo man too I believe

Last edited:

FMMagnetofamily.jpg
I legit do not remember Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch even being in X-Men TAS. I grew up on that and maybe Quicksilver may have showed up but he wasn't in the Brotherhood on that cartoon or an Acolyte when Magneto took Asteroid M out to space. The other cartoons I never quite cared for.

That's the main thing I'm hinting on, the twins were in the Brotherhood in the comics for a quick stint and then reformed and joined the Avengers and then went on to be Avengers for decades and rarely went back to X-Men comics even when the X-Men got popular. The main connection then became strictly cuz of being related and even then there wasn't a whole lot of stories.

There's more stuff with Quicksilver and the Inhumans than there is with mutants.

As for just messing with Fox, I think it was more reclaiming their characters in the comics for stories they can use going forward. Marvel really isn't in the business of providing anymore source material for Fox given how little there already is with QS and SW interacting with the X-Men.

View media item 1956945
View media item 1956941

Pretty sure QS was killed on purpose. They didn't care about feats or if his death made sense.

They just murked him cuz Whedon needed a death that would stick in AOU to up the stakes going forward.

Or maybe after realizing both studios were gonna use the characters they decided one would get SW and the other would get QS. I mean if Fox kicked Marvel in the balls harder with QS they also completely banged their own balls on a railing with SW. They're suppose to be twins but they make Wanda a toddler in DofP for no explained reason and so far in Apocalypse which is in the 80s like 10 years later there is no signs she's in that movie either.

Supposedly that little girl isn't Wanda. I think there was a line cut where you would hear the mom tell the little girl to go bother her sister. Don't know how true that is tho

I kinda don't believe that but okay. Even so Wanda aint show up in DofP and wasn't cast for Apocalypse.

Straight up no show so far.

Quicksilver told the toddler in the special edition to "go bother your sister" or something to that effect. The implication was clear that there was another sister

EDIT: So apparently Singer wrote in the line that implies there's a third sister but cut it.

"Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that’s his little sister. I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, ‘Go up and bug your sister,’ and the little girl says, ‘She bugs me!’ You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it."

The Fox movies don't need SW anyway. Marvel has Wanda and Fox has Peter. Balances out to me

Last edited:
Quicksilver overpowered? fambs speedsters can run back and forth through time and alternate realities. It is what it is.

You're thinking of Flash. Quicksilver's never really had that power, outside of a run-in with the Terrigen Mists from the Inhumans, which he quickly lost. Though regardless, comic Quicksilver is leagues beyond the MCU version. Son was getting tired from saving people during AoU :smh:

I assumed he got tired because he was still getting used to his powers and didn't quite know how to handle it.

Back
Top Bottom