WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

With everything that happended today with Disney buying Fox and Net Neutrality being reversed...............I can't shake the feeling of uneasiness.
I hear ny is going to pass a bill to enforce net neutrality in ny so I can breathe a little

NY and Cali and other blue states might be good but the people in the red states... Lmao good luck. You guys voted red so enjoy your internet get taken away

Is there any positivity to net neutrality. I see all the omg this is bad stuff. But isn't there some good things from it?

Naaah nothing good can come of it. It'll be easier for ppl with money to control what you got access to on the internet. And if you don't have money you're not going to have a foothold on the internet. Bad for small businesses or anyone trying to get a start up. On the consumer side they may have to pay more to get access to websites they want to. And it could be harder for ppl to be informed because ppl with money can control what information spreads

I don't want to pay more money just to go on certain websites and I don't want a website to load slowly because a different website is paying your isp more

Also this particularly part doesn't bother me cuz I don't bootleg but I'd imagine bootlegs will be hard to come by. Bootlegs will probably download really really slowly now lmao

Last edited:
Disney was thinking about yanking their content anyway, this deal really makes it a threat to netflix.

The MCU is supreme! That's goals as **** right there!

The Black Panther film represents a theoretical zenith of black achievement! The Wakandan ideal should be realized in black America and beyond! Invest in youth! Make them smarter! Embed within their very hearts the miracles of science and technology! Teach them to respect their families and heritage! Teach them to defend themselves, verbally and physically! Give them community! Enterprise! Sustenance! Happiness! Teach them to brush aside no sleight and to shrink away from no threat!

Black America will rise as Wakanda has. And this movie will help us realize it.

Excited for BP :smile:

Naaah nothing good can come of it. It'll be easier for ppl with money to control what you got access to on the internet. And if you don't have money you're not going to have a foothold on the internet. Bad for small businesses or anyone trying to get a start up. On the consumer side they may have to pay more to get access to websites they want to. And it could be harder for ppl to be informed because ppl with money can control what information spreads

I don't want to pay more money just to go on certain websites and I don't want a website to load slowly because a different website is paying your isp more

Also this particularly part doesn't bother me cuz I don't bootleg but I'd imagine bootlegs will be hard to come by. Bootlegs will probably download really really slowly now lmao

Everyone keeps saying this... but that's all I'm hearing. there has to be more to it than just that though right... like there has to be just one positivity

Lol this Disney Fox merger is so huge that even the president has a dog in the fight

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/media/donald-trump-rupert-murdoch-disney-21st-century-fox/index.html

White House confirms: Trump talked to Murdoch about Disney deal
by Tom Kludt @tomkludtDecember 14, 2017: 9:40 PM ET
Disney-Fox deal gets White House praise
Related: Trump's antitrust team will be working overtime on Disney-Fox deal

Content by Vanguard
3 tips to help recent grads start planning for retirement
It's never too early to start thinking about the future.
But Trump's assessment of it might not be right.

In announcing the deal, the companies said they would save at least $2 billion by making their businesses more efficient. They didn't specify how they plan on saving money, but mergers between competitors often involve job cuts because of overlap in job functions.

Rich Greenfield, a BTIG analyst, said he expects most of these savings to come from layoffs.

"There will be thousands of jobs lost," he said. "It is hard to see how any meaningful job creation will come out of this."

Needham & Co. analyst Laura Martin agreed, saying job cuts are inevitable in the short term as the two companies work to consolidate their holdings.

"[The combined company] won't need a lot of the corporate overhead, or two distribution arms in Italy," Martin said.

Still, Trump's favorable view of the deal is yet more evidence that he and Murdoch are on much better terms than they used to be. Murdoch was highly critical of Trump's presidential bid in the early days of the campaign, favoring a number of other Republican candidates. But the two have been simpatico since Trump locked up the GOP nomination.

There may have been more than a congratulatory call, too. According to Vanity Fair's Gabriel Sherman, Trump spoke with Murdoch on the phone prior to the deal "to make sure Murdoch wasn't selling Fox News."

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/941358313236828160
Gabriel Sherman

✔@gabrielsherman

Trump spoke with Murdoch ahead of Disney deal to make sure Murdoch wasn’t selling Fox News, person briefed on the call said

12:24 PM - Dec 14, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

When CNN inquired about Sherman's report earlier on Thursday, White House deputy press secretary Raj Shah said only, "The White House is not involved with pending mergers. I'd refer you to the agencies with jurisdiction."

A source with knowledge of calls between Murdoch and Trump acknowledged that the president and Murdoch speak on a regular basis, adding, "When you're about to announce a big transaction it's fairly standard to put in a courtesy call to the White House."

Neither Fox nor the White House have denied Sherman's report.

Trump has apparently commented to multiple people that Fox News -- which will indeed remain under Murdoch's control -- has given him more favorable coverage under the direct leadership of Murdoch than it did under Roger Ailes, the late founder and chairman of the cable news channel, who was ousted last year over sexual harassment allegations.

The president's rosy view of the Disney-21st Century Fox deal -- and his less than positive opinion of other major mergers -- can potentially be seen as an extension of his media preferences. Trump has been publicly opposed to AT&T's attempted takeover of Time Warner, which owns the president's favorite media punching bag, CNN. The Justice Department has filed a lawsuit to block the deal.

As a candidate, too, Trump opposed the AT&T-Time Warner deal -- and his campaign suggested he'd oppose other such deals, too.

In a statement in October 2016, shortly after AT&T and Time Warner announced their agreement, Peter Navarro, then a senior economic adviser to the candidate and now the director of the National Trade Council, released a statement in which he said, "Donald Trump will break up the new media conglomerate oligopolies that have gained enormous control over our information, intrude into our personal lives, and in this election, are attempting to unduly influence America's political process."

If, after congratulating him, Trump told Murdoch that he and his Justice Department might have a problem with the deal, the White House has not said so.

updated-marvel-character-ownership-rights-after-fox-dinsey-1066088.jpg

kinda sucks that it'll take a few years before disney can use the characters. hopefully the world won't end before that happens lol

The MCU is supreme! That's goals as **** right there!

The Black Panther film represents a theoretical zenith of black achievement! The Wakandan ideal should be realized in black America and beyond! Invest in youth! Make them smarter! Embed within their very hearts the miracles of science and technology! Teach them to respect their families and heritage! Teach them to defend themselves, verbally and physically! Give them community! Enterprise! Sustenance! Happiness! Teach them to brush aside no sleight and to shrink away from no threat!

Black America will rise as Wakanda has. And this movie will help us realize it.

Excited for BP :smile:

Read all this in Black Panther accent :lol:

Damn I'm addicted to this show called The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

The lady in this show is hilarious. I swear she reminds me of a more fun sized version of Hayley Atwell

Last edited:
Is it that bad bruh

I swear the last time I checked it was 94 on RT
this is a perfect example of a brand getting away with a bad movie

if the last jedi was a dc universe movie it would have an 8% rating on rotten tomatoes right now

a total mess

right now im hoping at the end of episode 9 its revealed that r2d2 was dreaming all along and that nothing that was in episode 7 and 8 really ever happened

this is a perfect example of a brand getting away with a bad movie

if the last jedi was a dc universe movie it would have an 8% rating on rotten tomatoes right now

a total mess

right now im hoping at the end of episode 9 its revealed that r2d2 was dreaming all along and that nothing that was in episode 7 and 8 really ever happened
I got to say if you're being this harsh about a movie that I'm even more interested now in seeing it because you're usually easygoing with your criticism. I swear you like everything.

I got to say if you're being this harsh about a movie that I'm even more interested now in seeing it because you're usually easygoing with your criticism. I swear you like everything.
ima watch it again and pray its better the second time around

like star wars is my comics it was my thing when i was a kid i loved that ****. so that movie series is probably the only thing im extremely hard on.

you know somethings wrong when people say they love this movie then proceed to name what they didnt like and what they didnt like outweighs what they did like. it dont eem make sense

i mean are you saying you like the movie because the story is good and they have characters you can really follow or do you like the movie because its star wars and you force yourself to like it out of loyalty to the brand?

you know somethings wrong when people say they love this movie then proceed to name what they didnt like and what they didnt like outweighs what they did like. it dont eem make sense

Lmao that totally describes how DC fans talk about the movie that shall not be named

I'm a very casual star wars fan. As in every movie of star wars I've probably only watched once.

I like TFA and I hated Rogue 1. It'll be interesting to see how I like The Last Jedi

Back
Top Bottom