WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Whether or not they lied is irrelevant at this point. The ending we got is the ending we got.

And it simply felt jarring and incomplete with no sense of direction. While they could have gotten away with an ending like that for a television show or comic book,, using something like that for a FILM as massive as this is quite amateur-ish

Thank you for having the guts to say what needed to be said. The Russo’s were out of their depth clearly and for a film that was meant to be as big as this one it’s unacceptable. A4 should have been a preview to a new beginning not a continuation of something that was hyped up the previous summer. And the films in between like Antman & Wasp and Captain Marvel can’t even be their own stories because of it either. Ridiculous.

If Kathleen can get George Lucas to direct a Star Wars film again, we’ll talk. With that being said MURDERER!

Lmao G thats the tip of the iceberg. You bold enough, click on the spoiler.

-Banner can’t turn into Hulk and no real explanation is given other than “he’s scared”

-Thor goes on a side quest that does NOTHING for the story nor his character development

-Thanos the being that’s INFATUATED with death literally cries because he has to kill to get what he wants

- Thanos’ reasoning for carrying out his plan is so the universe can be at peace

-Red Skull is the overseer of the soul stone (lmfao)

-The snap kills people heroes with confirmed sequels namely Spider-Man and Black Panther

-The snap conveniently leaves the original Avengers alive, no explanation.

-Nick Fury and Maria Hill just casually driving in New York yet never let there presence known while the Avengers were on the verge of killing each other in Civil War

-Nick Fury conveniently had a pager to alert Captain Marvel all this time.

That’s just off my the top of my head. Unacceptable.

I already read he spoilers
Out of all of them, the only truly problematic thing is the Russos having the Hulk not Hulk out

-Banner can’t turn into Hulk and no real explanation is given other than “he’s scared”

-Thor goes on a side quest that does NOTHING for the story nor his character development

-Thanos the being that’s INFATUATED with death literally cries because he has to kill to get what he wants

- Thanos’ reasoning for carrying out his plan is so the universe can be at peace

-Red Skull is the overseer of the soul stone (lmfao)

-The snap kills people heroes with confirmed sequels namely Spider-Man and Black Panther

-The snap conveniently leaves the original Avengers alive, no explanation.

-Nick Fury and Maria Hill just casually driving in New York yet never let there presence known while the Avengers were on the verge of killing each other in Civil War

-Nick Fury conveniently had a pager to alert Captain Marvel all this time.

That’s just off my the top of my head. Unacceptable.

I agree with the general premise of your argument.

Some of the stuff you mentioned though like
Banner's failed Hulk transformation; Fury & Hill scene eventually calling Cap Marvel
can be explained by simply the studios "saving" them for the EPIC FINALE imo

Doesn't excuse it from a storytelling perspective but some sh*t we gotta let slide

I already read he spoilers
Out of all of them, the only truly problematic thing is the Russos having the Hulk not Hulk out

The only thing?? That’s probaly the least egregious on the list of head scratchers. This is the second time the Russo’s have basically exiled the Hulk out of their movie. It’s apparent they don’t know how to incorporate him in a story. The fact that Hulk gets left out of something that was meant to be a culmination for all the MCU is ridiculous. But let’s wait for A4, right? :smh:

I agree with the general premise of your argument.

Some of the stuff you mentioned though like
Banner's failed Hulk transformation; Fury & Hill scene eventually calling Cap Marvel
can be explained by simply the studios "saving" them for the EPIC FINALE imo

Doesn't excuse it from a storytelling perspective but some sh*t we gotta let slide

It’s wild corny bro. We went from “the end is near” to “wait, there’s more!” :smh: And don’t even get me started on Kim Possible. Ol big “call me, beep me if you wanna reach me” headass. This is a level of lame I didn’t think the MCU could exhibit

I don't really care if the two movies are actually two parter complements of each other. As long as the movie is enjoyable I'm cool. While I am surprised there is a cliffhanger, I've always known the mcu was going to keep going and that there was A4 next yr.

I'm willing to bet there will be other ppl who care though.

The vast majority of mcu fanbase are casuals..

I prefaced my initial post by saying the film is definitely enjoyable and worth watching (maybe even twice if you really want to)

However, I simply don't believe in the argument that because people are criticizing the ending,, others will justify the ending by saying "it's two parts!"

There are plenty of two or three-part movies with stronger conclusions but still set up the upcoming films in an intriguing manner (see: Back to the Future Part 2; Empire Strikes Back)

The best example I think though would be Kill Bill Vol. 1 (which Tarantino made with the intention of being one movie). It ends perfectly with just enough finality without feeling abrupt heading into Vol. 2

It’s wild corny bro. We went from “the end is near” to “wait, there’s more!” :smh: And don’t even get me started on Kim Possible. Ol big “call me, beep me if you wanna reach me” headass. This is a level of lame I didn’t think the MCU could exhibit

LOL yeah, like I said, it's no excuse from a story-telling perspective.

And as far as it being corny,, I mean I've come to grips with some of the sh*t they've pulled tbh. But overall, they've done a great job juggling all these characters and mythologies.

I prefaced my initial post by saying the film is definitely enjoyable and worth watching (maybe even twice if you really want to)

However, I simply don't believe in the argument that because people are criticizing the ending,, others will justify the ending by saying "it's two parts!"

There are plenty of two or three-part movies with stronger conclusions but still set up the upcoming films in an intriguing manner (see: Back to the Future Part 2; Empire Strikes Back)

The best example I think though would be Kill Bill Vol. 1 (which Tarantino made with the intention of being one movie). It ends perfectly with just enough finality without feeling abrupt heading into Vol. 2

Nobody is justifying the ending. The ending is overwhelmingly agreed to be the best part of the film. Yall lack of enjoyment comes from yall feeling duped when damn near everybody else new better :lol:

Nobody is justifying the ending. The ending is overwhelmingly agreed to be the best part of the film. Yall lack of enjoyment comes from yall feeling duped when damn near everybody else new better :lol:
Yea I've noticed even the tougher critics that don't care for the overall movie have agreed that the last act is crazy

Favourite parts had to be the GoTG easily.

Might be bias since I love Vol. 1 and consider it to be up there in the best MCU.

But almost every interaction they had with one another and the Avengers was great.

Lame you're being Lame. Watch the movie first B. You did the same stuff in the star wars thread.
You're like that guy that post all the political stuff on Facebook but don't know the laws yourself.

This...
Jarring and abrupt but to me it made the film...

I agree with the ending made this film.
Lame you one of the main dudes talking about bad guys never get their true shine in movies. He gets it. And now you mad cuz you were lied to thinking he didn't?

The hulk thing can easily be explained. More so from AOU 2 and Thor ragnarock.
IM
GOING
TO
SPOIL
NO SPOILER
TAG
NOW.
In my thoughts hulk didn't want to be mindless hulk anymore. AoU he saw his destruction and left. Thor he wasn't mindless anymore chillen.
He knew he needed to fight but he also knows to beat the enemy he would've had to turn that switch on again. He was mentally not trying to do that seeing all those civilians as well

I like that explanation for the Hulk. Makes a ton of sense now that i reflect on it BUT

I still think part of the reason too outside of your theory is Marvel/Russos/heads-in-charge know Hulk is an ace and proclaimed STRONGEST AVENGER as well. to see him get punked by Thanos multiple times would weaken his character imo. just how i see it

This guy riled himself up all week to the point he hates a movie before he even viewed it

Greatest. Movie. Of. All. Time.

Taking spoilers to a movie you have yet to see WAYYYYYYY too seriously

Watch it. If you don’t like it, don’t complain and then brag about A4

Lol why do you keep acting like these spoilers I’m reading are hearsay? I’ve literally watched all of the questionable scenes off of torrent. The whole movie is out there. What is there to brag about for A4? Serious question?

Lame you're being Lame. Watch the movie first B. You did the same stuff in the star wars thread.
You're like that guy that post all the political stuff on Facebook but don't know the laws yourself.

I agree with the ending made this film.
Lame you one of the main dudes talking about bad guys never get their true shine in movies. He gets it. And now you mad cuz you were lied to thinking he didn't?

The hulk thing can easily be explained. More so from AOU 2 and Thor ragnarock.
IM
GOING
TO
SPOIL
NO SPOILER
TAG
NOW.
In my thoughts hulk didn't want to be mindless hulk anymore. AoU he saw his destruction and left. Thor he wasn't mindless anymore chillen.
He knew he needed to fight but he also knows to beat the enemy he would've had to turn that switch on again. He was mentally not trying to do that seeing all those civilians as well

Crazy how this film is getting TLJ comparisons right?

6738786A-4370-4EF6-AEC1-86F927D27EAE.jpeg

It’s cause it pulls **** out it’s *** like TLJ and neglects things that are established. The irony is that I’m not hard to please, I don’t look for Shakespearean themes in my films with laser swords and teenagers bitten by radioactive spiders by there’s a level of consistency I expect and if a film is gonna market itself off hype, I’m expecting there to be a proper reason. The Russo’s got caught up in trying to please everyone. Y’all are on a bean if y’all don’t think I expected the ending. Was I not mentioning a week ago that they mentioning the snap often was a double edge sword cause either they don’t do it and everyone is pissed or they do it and it’s anticlimactic. I have no problem with the way it ended but the SPECIFICS is where my problem lies. If you’re going to do “that” then don’t do it for cheap emotion.

The ones affected by the snap REASSURE you that there’s a continuation for the story. So how is this self contained? You have Spider-Man die when you announce filming on his sequel a month before hand. Please get the **** out my face with that. You want to kill people, KILL PEOPLE. You end the film with the snap as if you made a real statement but you’re wearing a kiddie flotation device the whole time. And you draw the hell out of the emotion knowing good and well this means nothing. I’m rolled my eyes so hard seeing Tom Holland act that “I don’t wanna die” scene out. That scene is gonna be straight up laughable this time next year when Spider-Man is webswinging in A4 and movie promotion for Homecoming 2 is all over the place. And that Hulk explanation is lame as hell tdogg2k tdogg2k come on fam. “Hulk is strongest there is” since when Hulk supposed to care about casualties ESPECIALLY when his strength has been challenged. Like dog what?! AND WHY THE **** WAS HEIMDALL ABLE TO TELEPORT HULK WITHOUT THE BIFROST BRIDGE?! WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THOR BEING STUCK ON SAKAAR IF HEIMDALL COULD HAVE TELEPORTED HIM THE WHOLE TIME?!? Dog...

This guy riled himself up all week to the point he hates a movie before he even viewed it

Greatest. Movie. Of. All. Time.

I said I hate the film? No, no I didn’t. What I said is it’s not as good as I thought nor as good as it should be. A lot of you can’t handle the truth. But you did just jump on the bandwagon, so its understandable...

it’s like your reviewing an album just by reading the lyrics and not even hearing the entire song :lol:

That is a very odd comparison

Last edited:
I like that explanation for the Hulk. Makes a ton of sense now that i reflect on it BUT

I still think part of the reason too outside of your theory is Marvel/Russos/heads-in-charge know Hulk is an ace and proclaimed STRONGEST AVENGER as well. to see him get punked by Thanos multiple times would weaken his character imo. just how i see it

Hulk will get his in the next film no doubt...We know his story arc is coming to an end in that film...My guess is that he and Banner finally get split...

But he won’t be the one to defeat Thanos...Faige said last summer that Captain Marvel is being set up to be the strongest character in this universe...She’ll be the one to ultimately take Thanos down...

Lame just go watch the movie. My man you forming your opinion of other people..

I don't think this movie is anything like TLJ with its structure. Mainly because we (as you keep bringing up) Have 18 movies prior to go off of.
Don't let the "Yoda" part fool you. Was it a little of fan service... Yes.. But. It also made sense to do.
Again watch the movie first. Or better yet put the keyboard down til you see it. You in here trying to taint something for no good reason.

I said I hate the film? No, no I didn’t. What I said is it’s not as good as I though nor as good as it should be. A lot of you can’t handle the truth. But you did just jump on the bandwagon, so its understandable...

That is a very odd comparison

You literally read words on the screen. You haven’t seen the movie yet butsomehow can definitively say how good it isn’t. That’s assinine.

You’ve gone out of your way to ruin the movie for yourself and now want to stand on a soap box talking down to folks who intend to go enjoy this movie.

Hulk will get his in the next film no doubt...We know his story arc is coming to an end in that film...My guess is that he and Banner finally get split...

But he won’t be the one to defeat Thanos...Faige said last summer that Captain Marvel is being set up to be the strongest character in this universe...She’ll be the one to ultimately take Thanos down...
I think it will be tony, Thor or cap in some sorta sacrifice since chris Evans might be done with the films anyways

If it's anyone new, I think it'll be spidey

Lame, have you read the Infinity Gauntlet comics?

I’ve read Gauntlet, War, Thanos Quest, Thanos Imperitive and Infinity (my favorite, Hickman the gawd!) all too many times. So suffice it to say I have a problem with Thanos getting his Al Gore on and his motives being governed by protection of the earth and the universe’s natural resources

Lame just go watch the movie. My man you forming your opinion of other people..

I don't think this movie is anything like TLJ with its structure. Mainly because we (as you keep bringing up) Have 18 movies prior to go off of.
Don't let the "Yoda" part fool you. Was it a little of fan service... Yes.. But. It also made sense to do.
Again watch the movie first. Or better yet put the keyboard down til you see it. You in here trying to taint something for no good reason.

Come on G I asked you these things I was skeptical about first to get confirmation if they were true. Y’all gotta realize I’m the LAST person to be swayed by opinion or reviews. I’m the guy that thinks Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a masterpiece. I hate Guardians of the Galaxy 1. I love Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I think AoU is ahead of its time. What I’m inviting is discussion. I want you all to think for yourselves. Let’s discuss plot points and decision making. Because I was overtly ready to hand this film the crown of greatest film of all time and straight up it doesn’t even seem like the greatest comic film of all time. I can abstain from the discussion and critiques if you truly feel as though viewing the movie first may change my opinion but I’ve seen watched ALL the major beats, multiple times. Looking for something to hold my conviction that this was the greatest film ever and I just didn’t find it. Maybe the 3D imax showing tomorrow may add a new perspective but I know what’s up and I feel like deep down, we all know what’s up.

Back
Top Bottom