WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I legit hope Cap gets washed here and the next move. Still #TeamStarks
giphy.gif

qTR12ok.jpg

Last edited:
can someone in a spoiler speak to how they felt about the Black Order.

they were weaksauce imo. I dont know how strong they are in the comics but i feel like the avengers didnt really had any problem dealing with them. They didnt even need the hulk and thor to beat them

Just came back from the midnight showing.

Everything was great. Gotta give it time to see where it ranks in the MCEU and soak it in. I'm not for snap judgments and hot takes.

The two negatives that absolutely stuck out to me though was:

1. Peter Dinklage's role. I like him as an actor but I could not take him seriously in this.

2. It's hard to fully appreciate the film as it's only one part of a whole (and it definitely feels like it towards the end)

I kinda feel if you have to take time and decide where Infinity War ranks in a list of MCU films, then it’s gotta be a disappointment. Now I’m not saying it is a disappointment, but my belief is that this movie should without a doubt be #1 on the list, and if it’s not, something went horribly wrong. It’s the culmination of 10 years of films. It better be #1 on my list damn it! I expect it will be.

Just came back from the midnight showing.

Everything was great. Gotta give it time to see where it ranks in the MCEU and soak it in. I'm not for snap judgments and hot takes.

The two negatives that absolutely stuck out to me though was:

1. Peter Dinklage's role. I like him as an actor but I could not take him seriously in this.

2. It's hard to fully appreciate the film as it's only one part of a whole (and it definitely feels like it towards the end)

Absolutely...The ending was kind of jarring actually...Just everybody broken, Thanos included, and roll credits...

I kinda feel if you have to take time and decide where Infinity War ranks in a list of MCU films, then it’s gotta be a disappointment. Now I’m not saying it is a disappointment, but my belief is that this movie should without a doubt be #1 on the list, and if it’s not, something went horribly wrong. It’s the culmination of 10 years of films. It better be #1 on my list damn it! I expect it will be.

Sounds like you already made up your mind

got half of Doctor Strange
SpiderMan
Ragnorok
Black Panther
to complete before IW @ 7pm tomorrow

I'm truly wondering if I'm gonna be in my feels watching IW, with having watched nothing but the entire MCU this past weekend/week

My boy overseas text me out of nowhere and said something that is so accurate :smh:

Red Skull is literally Yoda in The Last Jedi. An old character that pops up with no explanation

Sounds like you already made up your mind

Yeah. With all the spoilers, I don't in anyway know how it won't be my favorite. A lot of people are just nitpicking. I like everything I've seen and heard so far.

Last edited:
Some of you need to take a moment, and breathe. Just because people are going to want to rank other mcu movies over infinity war doesn't mean the sky is falling.

If IW was getting BvS level scores on RT, then I'd be worried. 86 is very solid.

I suspect a movie this hyped, some critics will be inclined to grade on a tougher curve... And some critics are just not fans.. This movie is for the fans.

And ppl are allowed to have personal preference. Some will rank other marvel movies over infinity war no matter how perfect IW is.

That's the beauty of the mcu, there's something for everyone. Some lean more towards the goofiness of the guardians/ragnarok corner of the universe.
Some like the seriousness of the ws/CW movies. IInfinity war is going to have elements of both. It's going to turn someone off when you include both.

Didn't know it was a thing to
get worked up over a movie you haven't seen
spoil said movie
complain about said movie
talk to other people in spoiler fashion about the movie, and then add your thoughts like you've seen the movie
and then deem the movie and possibly the entire franchise a failure

Only thing left for Lame is to actually see the movie
then complain about how he threw his money away on this film

I’m glad you had the balls to say it. The fact that this film has to be babied and given time to grow on people is low key gutwrenching. We were empathetically calling out 2 billi. Realistic expectations were AT LEAST 1.6 billi and up but I’m gonna keep it a buck with everyone, don’t be surprised if this film doesn’t outgross A1. The length of the film combined with its finale isn’t made for repeat viewings and it’s the most jarring thing ever on Disney and Marvel’s part. The fact that IW is under 90% on RT is how I know this movie isn’t what we deserved.

Guys, take it from me.

I'm as impartial as it comes when it comes to comic book movies (Marvel, DC, whoever,, I'll even throw in Star Wars). Not trying to come off as some movie snob by any means,, but I judge the film by its own merits as a film. I.E. Is the pacing good? Did they set a consistent tone? Do I care about the characters? Etc.

That being said,, the film was entertaining and definitely worth the price of admission.

BUT, as a film, it feels incomplete. And I'm sure part of that was intentional but it definitely stuck out to me.

Back
Top Bottom