WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Yeah - my read is that Mulan will test the waters before the same treatment is applied to BW.

FWIW, $30 to rent the new release is still w/in the realm of possible. Trolls (Universal?) did that and banked, and $15 a ticket isn't unheard of for a night showing of a theatrical premier. So, two people watch the stream (let alone kids in the family), and you're breaking about even.

$30 is steep. Even at just a little less like $20, this would have been better received. Reviews/critics are gonna play a big part in impacting the success too. If this was a Pixar/animated film then I'd be more confident in this working. Trolls World Tour did ok because it appealed to everyone, from teens/adults to parents just renting it for their kids. I don't know how popular this live action version of Mulan is gonna be with kids, especially little ones.

$30 is steep. Even at just a little less like $20, this would have been better received. Reviews/critics are gonna play a big part in impacting the success too. If this was a Pixar/animated film then I'd be more confident in this working. Trolls World Tour did ok because it appealed to everyone, from teens/adults to parents just renting it for their kids. I don't know how popular this live action version of Mulan is gonna be with kids, especially little ones.
Dawgs. 30 bucks for 3-4 people to watch it is less then 10 bucks a ticket. Usually it’s 12-15 bucks a ticket if you watch during prime times.

I watch movies by myself though. Paying an extra $20 above movie ticket price is no bueno.

Beggers can’t be choosers in a pandemic. Just be happy you’re healthy.

Man what? :lol: at just giving in to Disney because it's a pandemic.
I was literally just giving a counterpoint anyway. I don't care about the Mulan remake and I'm not spending $30 to watch a movie by myself on my couch either way. I'm fine.

Reactions: DLF
Man what? :lol: at just giving in to Disney because it's a pandemic.
I was literally just giving a counterpoint anyway. I don't care about the Mulan remake and I'm not spending $30 to watch a movie by myself on my couch either way. I'm fine.
They pour millions into the movie and more into advertisement. They deserve the money. They make great content

yea, for certain movies I’d pay that money easy.. just to see it while avoiding crowds

and then wait to check it again in imax or other formats

Posted this in the the Disney thread, but the $30 isn’t just to rent the movie but to essentially get it early as it stays on your D+ account as long as you hold the subscription.

Again, my small family of 4 spend more to watch movies in theatres so of course I don’t mind paying $30. However I understand it’s a premium that a lot of folka understandably won’t want to play. Wondering how it all plays out for Disney.

Posted this in the the Disney thread, but the $30 isn’t just to rent the movie but to essentially get it early as it stays on your D+ account as long as you hold the subscription.

Again, my small family of 4 spend more to watch movies in theatres so of course I don’t mind paying $30. However I understand it’s a premium that a lot of folka understandably won’t want to play. Wondering how it all plays out for Disney.
Sounds good but if the movie isn't good then you just paid $30 for some boring **** to watch in ya house that you not gonna want to rewatch that'll stay on ya account.

And is this early version gonna come with the bonuses that a big day release usually comes with? Cuz if you do like the movie you probably playing twice to get that.

Disney would be been better off pushing Mulan back to next year than take it to the Disney+ route. If there may have been one movie to gauge what China’s film market is going to look like post Covid, this was it. Movie was already on rocky ground before due to controversy but now it’s officially DOA. $200+ mil film too, oof...

Sounds good but if the movie isn't good then you just paid $30 for some boring **** to watch in ya house that you not gonna want to rewatch that'll stay on ya account.

And is this early version gonna come with the bonuses that a big day release usually comes with? Cuz if you do like the movie you probably playing twice to get that.

Outside of it staying on my account, this can happen at the movies too

Disney would be been better off pushing Mulan back to next year than take it to the Disney+ route. If there may have been one movie to gauge what China’s film market is going to look like post Covid, this was it. Movie was already on rocky ground before due to controversy but now it’s officially DOA. $200+ mil film too, oof...

its releasing in theaters in china

they pirate everything but if chinas theaters are open and they want to see the film, they'll pay for it

theres a reason its still the biggest market outside US and plenty of movie come out here before there and they still rack up millions

Screenshot_20200731-200731_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200731-200750_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200731-200812_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200731-200827_Facebook.jpg

Giancarlo is literally a version of Victor Von Doom in all his roles already. Him playing Dr Doom is like all the MCU movies leading up to Infinity War. This was always his Endgame.

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

No more sneaking snacks into the theaters!

can’t wait for it! Hopefully they release BW too at 30 bucks on D+

Back
Top Bottom