WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I don't approve of when these studios do it, I don't approve when the Christian Church does it.

The fact is the same resources should be given to black creators to tell and create compelling stories and characters instead of slotting a black character in (Falcon as Captain America) and hoping that a mostly white audience is going to embrace a person of colour as their hero when very rarely in society are they placed in a situation where they have to do this.
I'd question you just assuming something like Captain America has to be a white character. Even if historically he has been one.

But I get what you saying. Making some white heroes black is not gonna cut it.
We Just Disagree. I Think We Can Have Other Black Superheros. Yall Want This Iteration Of It To Continue Thats Fine.
Why can't we have other black heroes AND Black Panther?

Nobody is saying they want BP to be the only black hero with a movie for Marvel.

I'd question you just assuming something like Captain America has to be a white character. Even if historically he has been one.

Why can't we have other black heroes AND Black Panther?

Nobody is saying they want BP to be the only hero with a movie for Marvel.

Im Not Saying We Cant Have Both. I Just Liked What We Had And In The Unlikely Event We Didnt See BP Again I'd Be Ok.

I Dont Think The Franchise Not Continuing Eliminates Any Of The Impact. It Happened. We Saw It. And Nothing Can Take That Away.

Id Just Want The Impact To Change Things On A Larger Scale, Rather Expanding That Specific Character.

Im Not Saying We Cant Have Both. I Just Liked What We Had And In The Unlikely Event We Didnt See BP Again I'd Be Ok.
There is no unlikely event though.

I don't know why you're taking Chadwick Boseman's death as a chance to say end the Black Panther franchise cuz you're satisfied with where it left off as if the MCU isn't going to continue.

I Dont Think The Franchise Not Continuing Eliminates Any Of The Impact. It Happened. We Saw It. And Nothing Can Take That Away.
There is no reason for the franchise to not continue. The impact can continue.

Id Just Want The Impact To Change Things On A Larger Scale, Rather Expanding That Specific Character.
It already has and will continue do so.

It feels like you're kinda ignoring reality here like we live in some world where movie studios freely give film franchise opportunities to ppl of color.

Black Panther made a billion dollars. That's why it can change things on a larger scale and it has to continue to be successful so those in power aren't given the excuse to just end these movies lime they were a few. The goal is for these opportunities to be the norm in Hollywood.

The idea that you can prematurely end BP and just start up some other movie franchise with a person of color is wild naive.

Who said that I did? I said that resources would be better used in providing an even playing field for creators. The example I used was to illustrate the unwillness of certain portions of the population the accept a Captain America of another ethnicity not that they shouldn't. When Falcon became Captain America in the comics sales tanked as the audience was unwilling for whatever reason to accept him as Cap and this was further illustrated when Sam received the shield at the conclusion of Endgame and the Internet was in uproar at the idea.

This is because as many of the casual and hard-core comic readers and movie goers see the person who first held the title of the character as the character. This has been the case with Batman when Azrael, Nightwing and Terry took on the mantle, the same as iron man when Rhodey and Teen Tony, Spiderman with Ben Reilly etc etc.

Personally i don't mind too much as long as a compelling story is being told but can understand the emotional investment people have in certain characters.

There is no unlikely event though.

I don't know why you're taking Chadwick Boseman's death as a chance to say end the Black Panther franchise cuz you're satisfied with where it left off as if the MCU isn't going to continue.

You Are Making This Assumption On Your Own. I Did Not Say That, And I Dont Work For Marvel Studios. We Have NO Clue What Marvel Is Going To Do. We Are All Presuming They Will Make A Sequel Based On The Success Of The First Movie.

There is no reason for the franchise to not continue. The impact can continue.

You Aint Comprehending What I Said. Again I Did Not Say The Franchise Will Not Continue, I Said It's Impact Is Already Cemented.

It already has and will continue do so.

It feels like you're kinda ignoring reality here like we live in some world where movie studios freely give film franchise opportunities to ppl of color.

Black Panther made a billion dollars. That's why it can change things on a larger scale and it has to continue to be successful so those in power aren't given the excuse to just end these movies lime they were a few. The goal is for these opportunities to be the norm in Hollywood.

The idea that you can prematurely end BP and just start up some other movie franchise with a person of color is wild naive.

I Think This Kind Of Thought Process Aids In The Issue. I Get Issues People Of Color Have, But The Thought Let Me Chew On The One Bone I Have Instead Of Pushing For More Isnt Going To Help.

You Are Making This Assumption On Your Own.
You're the one that brought it up though.

We Are All Presuming They Will Make A Sequel Based On The Success Of The First Movie.
No we are not. The Black Panther sequel was announced years ago and re-announced when they had to change dates.

What are you talking about?

You Aint Comprehending What I Said. Again I Did Not Say The Franchise Will Not Continue, I Said It's Impact Is Already Cemented.
I quoted you. You just said "I Dont Think The Franchise Not Continuing Eliminates Any Of The Impact."

And I said there is no reason for the franchise not to continue.

What are you not understanding about that exchange?

Once again you bring up that the franchise might not continue and I'm saying as of right now theres no reason to consider that.

I Think This Kind Of Thought Process Aids In The Issue. I Get Issues People Of Color Have, But The Thought Let Me Chew On The One Bone I Have Instead Of Pushing For More Isnt Going To Help.
Like I said you sound incredibly naive. Its like you dont know how Hollywood works or something.

You don't leave money on the table and you dont undercut your successful black franchises in the assumption you can just make more at any moment when that is not reflected in reality.

You Talking Like The Main Character Passing Away Doesn’t Potentially Change Anything.

You Treating A Real Life Person Dying Like Someone In A Comic Dying.

Alley Oop To Shuri!!

You Talking Like The Main Character Passing Away Doesn’t Potentially Change Anything.
It does.

Doesn't mean the entire franchise should end.

You Treating A Real Life Person Dying Like Someone In A Comic Dying.
You seem to be the one that cant separate the two.

The Black Panther is a fictional superhero. T'Challa is a fictional character. Chadwick Boseman was a real person.

Like I said before I question if you've been reading and comprehending my stance on this cuz a lot of the **** you're saying doesn't even make sense.

Exactly how am I treating a real person dying like a comic death when I haven't even been talking about Chadwick Boseman's death?

Saying to continue the franchise and pass on the mantle of BP like it was passed on 3 different times in the Black Panther movie has nothing to do with a real life death.

Somehow you think it does though. At this point I don't even think you're trying. Just saying **** to say it.

chadwick-tribute4-opt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom