WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Damn I remember the premiere of the first black panther.. Everybody in the parking lot was bumping this..

ab67616d0000b273c027ad28821777b00dcaa888

On repeat in my car:

However tonight.. the people still show up but the mood is totally different.. *quiet*

I was at the opening trailers being all giddy and ready to ****ing go. And then they just had open up like that plus the marvel studios Chadwick montage?????!!!? Man I may have been the only one moving by taking my glasses off and wiping tears. I was so vulnerable and did not see that coming :lol: :blush:

Wild take, but I could’ve done without the ending fight sequence. I thought the drama was great, but knowing it’s a super hero movie, you have to do it I guess.

Last edited:
So do they explain what exactly happened to T'Challa or is it just accepting the fact that he had past away in the MCU?

One thing that I hated, the whole stockholm syndrome part in the middle dragged on and it got really weird

So do they explain what exactly happened to T'Challa or is it just accepting the fact that he had past away in the MCU?

it starts right off in Shuri's lab all frantic T'Challa is dying of an "unknown illness" and she's trying to come up with a cure but he ends up passing

One thing that I hated, the whole stockholm syndrome part in the middle dragged on and it got really weird

it starts right off in Shuri's lab all frantic T'Challa is dying of an "unknown illness" and she's trying to come up with a cure but he ends up passing
Interesting. Did that approach work for the story? I'm assuming they never explain what this illness is huh?

Interesting. Did that approach work for the story? I'm assuming they never explain what this illness is huh?

nah never explained what the illness was in any way. I thought it worked to address it quickly off the bat and leave it vague so that it doesn't overshadow the movie itself. In terms of the plot they really never needed to explain it more than "hes gone"

edit:
now that I think about it, his death and her grief really changes up her demeanor and motivations from BP1 to the start of this movie to the end

Last edited:
I’m watching it again on Saturday but I left yesterday feeling underwhelmed. Movie did an amazing job honoring Chadwick but it fell flat in other spots and dragged on a lot
There’s the part at the beginning with Shuri and Queen Ramonda and I was like “got’ damn, this is moving maaaaad slow. Let’s get on with it…” and then just like that, **** got real 😂

Coogler definitely channeled some of that Fruitvale Station magic to really give weight to these characters and what they were experiencing emotionally.

Letitia Wright acted her anti-vaxxed butt off man. Marvel had her on a 10 day contract and they might have to give her a supermax after this.

There’s the part at the beginning with Shuri and Queen Ramonda and I was like “got’ damn, this is moving maaaaad slow. Let’s get on with it…” and then just like that, **** got real 😂

Coogler definitely channeled some of that Fruitvale Station magic to really give weight to these characters and what they were experiencing emotionally.

Letitia Wright acted her anti-vaxxed butt off man. Marvel had her on a 10 day contract and they might have to give her a supermax after this.
Give RiRi, Okoye, Nakia, M’Baku the super max lol

Loved it carried so much emotional weight hit me in my chest a good 4 times. Namor was great M’Baku my MVP. Shuri did her thing.

Minor thing to mention the aesthetics were amazing like the first black panther obviously but even more so in this one. The Wakandans and the Talokan looked incredible can just get lost in both of those worlds.

Lupita so got damn fine man it don’t make no sense everytime she was on screen
785DFCC9-7094-4D52-86C5-7BEAD7E89ED5.gif

Back
Top Bottom