WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I just saw The Marvels. It was aight. Dumb fun. I was thinking Iron Man 2, but Ant-Man 1 vibes are probably more on point. Some of the reviews out are overly harsh. It was short and sweet. Maybe a bit too short. Certain aspects feel rushed…thrown in even. Personally, EYE wouldn’t have minded if they had a little bit more fun with some things(the singing planet). I couldn’t take the villain seriously because she’s too cute imo. On top of that, the “conflict” could’ve been solved by politely asking for help. Iman Vellani killed it lol. I really hope she sees more success in her career. I get the feeling she’s playing herself. This may get a second breath when it hots streaming/blu ray.

It was a surprising amount of single dudes catching it solo. :lol:

The guy down the row from me totally busted on himself, audibly , when Beast showed up. I will never forget that sound. :rofl: :rofl:
With that being said, I don’t think it means what we think it means.

That guy is a loser, the cool thing to do was to cry tears of joy seeing the Arrow Bae in the scene before that like I did.

I just saw The Marvels. It was aight. Dumb fun. I was thinking Iron Man 2, but Ant-Man 1 vibes are probably more on point. Some of the reviews out are overly harsh. It was short and sweet. Maybe a bit too short. Certain aspects feel rushed…thrown in even. Personally, EYE wouldn’t have minded if they had a little bit more fun with some things(the singing planet). I couldn’t take the villain seriously because she’s too cute imo. On top of that, the “conflict” could’ve been solved by politely asking for help. Iman Vellani killed it lol. I really hope she sees more success in her career. I get the feeling she’s playing herself. This may get a second breath when it hots streaming/blu ray.

It was a surprising amount of single dudes catching it solo. :lol:

The guy down the row from me totally busted on himself, audibly , when Beast showed up. I will never forget that sound. :rofl: :rofl:
With that being said, I don’t think it means what we think it means.
I thought Aladna was dope and wish they spent more time there. Should’ve at least showed Carol fly back just to make sure they were good, with a wave from Zest Prince or something.

Truth is if they knew they were going with Falcon becoming Captain America down the line they should’ve cast somebody better than Anthony Mackie.

My boy Derek Luke (he was actually in First Avenger) would’ve been great.

It’s another reason I’m for a hard MCU reboot and a majority of recasting now. None of that FoX-Men crap has me hype. Do Secret Wars and start semi-fresh.

Oh well, I trust Feige will work it out in the end or fix **** after trial and error.

The Sylvie line was so dope:

"He's giving us a chance."

Shes basically insinuating that yes the Multiverse War is gonna happen, but now we can fight, the result isnt pre-determined.

Same man that lost to a guy who vomited mom’s spaghetti.

Who eventually helped save the Universe from Thanos and took up the helm of Captain America in a buddy comedy with the Winter Soldier while teaming up with a Samoan dude who wears ICP Face Paint, sounds like Lego Batman and drives an armored Ice Cream truck.

The Sylvie line was so dope:

"He's giving us a chance."

Shes basically insinuating that yes the Multiverse War is gonna happen, but now we can fight, the result isnt pre-determined.

The writing of this series was just spectacular all
Around man, it’s been a very long time since the MCU left me full of emotions, the Loki showrunners as well as the TVA crew needs to stick around for the long run….specially my girl Sylvie 😫😫

So real brief,

Saw The Marvels this evening, wouldn't even call it fun, but I enjoyed it because I'm still into this **** and I honestly support Iman, Brie, Teyonah, etc.

Second,
Mid-credits scene with Beast is what I've been waiting for for over 15 years.

Third, Episode 5 of Loki might be my favorite thing, ever.

kind of crazy but i didnt even realize the marvels is the 33rd film in the mcu

that is a ton of films, just crazy to say it outloud

plus 10 tv series, 11 if you include AoS

So we basically now have the most powerful entity in the MCU with Loki? And it seems his role going forth will be similar to that of the Watcher in the What If series….he’s practically All Knowing, All time, we assume he’s stuck there but I think next time we see him, he’d have figure out how to multiply himself to travel into any timeline/multiverse at will….he really is the only one suited to stand agaisnt Kang being that he naturally possesses Kangs abilities….is crazy to see how OP he will truly be next time we see him, IMO I think Marvel will apply the same IW/Endgame method to the next two avengers movies where the first one will be Kangs victory and in the end Loki will be the one to intervene in order to give the last ones left standing a shot to regroup and fight the big battle in the last one.

But he said he’s a god now. So he’s risen against simple things like conflict. The TVA is now focused on battling dangerous Kang variants.

Loki has elevated himself to one of those Marvel Universe abstract cosmic entities. He’s holding the multiverse together.

As far as Kang goes…they honestly haven’t conveyed effectively how and why he’s a threat.

We started an Avengers movie with Loki (616) neck snapped, Thor and Hulk defeated. If a threat outrights takes out the two of the most powerful heroes and the villain from the first movie and is proclaiming to wipe out half the lives in the universe as his end game, you take it seriously.

In MCU, we had a good Kang monologue, then the puzzling appearance in Ant Man 3, then a poor representation in Victor Timely and another good appearance by He Who Remains.

Kang lost to Ants lol. And we haven’t seen him do a lot of bad things. I don’t mean to attract comparisons to histories atrocities but he needs to do the MCU version of Pearl Harbor, Holocaust or 9/11.

Part of Dr Dooms appeal is that in the comics he’s as smart as Reed Richards. Has Magic almost at the level of Doctor Strange (which is crazy). He is the oligarch like ruler of a European nation. Always has this insatiable desire for more power and is straight ruthless. Not saying Marvel Universe Kang isn’t a good villain. He is. Feige and them just haven’t made the audience feel the same way about Kang as they did Thanos. They probably shouldn’t have included him in the Ant Man movie. The Loki series and all of the multiverse stuff was probably enough to set the stage until he maybe bodied Carol Danvers, Thor, etc.

I feel like marvel is just fumbling to bag on how they’re handling these things

Some stuff feels like it’s happening when it doesn’t really need to

Eternals should have been a 10 episode series.. ms marvel, while excellently cast, shoulda been a Disney + film akin to what invincible did with the Eve episode

Majority of everything involved feels like antman, captain marvel and 1st Thor and 1st cap where stuff is happening just to move from point A to point B

They need to take a step back and look at why homecoming worked so well.. look at Loki and why those characters are able to connect so well

And just because RDJ can pull off certain things don’t try to make everyone fit into that mold.. work with what those actors do well

Does anyone really look at the cinema score? I’ve never looked at any of that. I watched the marvels last night and enjoyed it. The khan family was in the movie a little too much for my liking.
It’s only really used as an indicator of word of mouth and what’s gonna happen with the movies box office, but everybody knew this was gonna bomb anyway so it doesn’t matter

IMG_3242.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom