WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

It’s only really used as an indicator of word of mouth and what’s gonna happen with the movies box office, but everybody knew this was gonna bomb anyway so it doesn’t matter

IMG_3242.jpeg
People just hate fun nowadays lol

Lemme see what Love and Thunder got because that shouldn’t have been made

The Marvels was okay, but very choppy. Seemed like it could've been edited better.

Beyond the actresses not being able to promote the movie, the marketing for this movie was poor. The trailer that was released this week should've been released months ago to emphasize the tears in space and time.

The Marvels was okay, but very choppy. Seemed like it could've been edited better.

Beyond the actresses not being able to promote the movie, the marketing for this movie was poor. The trailer that was released this week should've been released months ago to emphasize the tears in space and time.
I guess they were saving on costs for the promotion considering the genuine lack of interest months prior.

i enjoyed the movie and yall just making up excuses :lol:

fight night at freddys opened with $80m last week and that got no stars that promoted it, it barely had any stars in it :lol:

this is a big marvel tentpole and its gon make less than the flash… THE FLASH :rofl:

i do think this is going to have more legs than the flash so in th eend BO is probably gon’ be ok but Quatumania only made $30m so if this doesnt stay long, it might actually lose money

fight night at freddys opened with $80m last week and that got no stars that promoted it, it barely had any stars in it :lol:

this is a big marvel tentpole and its gon make less than the flash… THE FLASH :rofl:

i do think this is going to have more legs than the flash so in th eend BO is probably gon’ be ok but Quatumania only made $30m so if this doesnt stay long, it might actually lose money
problem with the Flash was mainly due to the EZRA issue before the movie came out, so it lost traction to any interest it had from the general public. with the Marvels? what is exactly going on with it? are they are still relying on that "GIRL POWA" crap? that ship had long sailed eons ago. they need better plot to have an interesting movie and not because they want to appease the political demographics.

Damn, after watchin that clip of Tom Hiddleston talkin bout the finale of Loki definitely got me in my feels.

Probably one of the best fully fleshed characters in MCU. Full circle moment that was beautifully done in terms of acting, writing, and storytelling. They really knocked it out of the park this season!

Just hope going forward MCU jus crafts well written stories with good amount of payoffs and not jus these spectacular CGI fights & what not.

Consider the strike going on, they couldn’t actually promote it

they could, the director and producers can make the rounds (i believe did), billboards, commercials, ads, etc…

only the actors cant participate but everyone else could, be creative and do some viral stuff or whatever

Makes no sense to compare a movie based on a popular game that has a whole generation in a chokehold to this current situation the MCU is in post actor’s strike.

Pretty sure Disney just been ready to take these losses. It’s not as if movies are in a healthy place box office wise and they the only one doing bad. If anything you should expect more all time lows until the movies actually recover.

of course it makes sense

so many video game movies has generational chokehold on the audience that has done terribly, its actually a trend until Sonic and Mario broke that mold

but even then there are still misses, D&D has a whole lot of fans, decades worth and actually got a resurgence lately (especially during the pandemic) and the movie flopped badly and the reviews says its actually a good movie and that was also accurate to the games

and again, BO is getting back or else 5N@F wouldnt have made $80m (terrible reviewed and supposedly had no scares :lol: )

already pointed out Barbie, Oppenheimer, Mario, etc… GotG made $845m, Spidervere $700m, etc…

Avatar made $2.3b last year (a lot of that came from 2024 too), TopGun $1.45b, JW3 $1b, MoM $955m, Minions $940m, BP2 $860m (despite no chadwick), etc…

so you may be able to say smaller budget films may not make money because people dont want to see them, a lot of the blockbusters - if good and/or marketed well - make money

despite the strike lasting several months, 2023 box office is already at $7.7b total in november while 2022 ended at $7.3b and theres still a Hunger Games movie, Aquabro (which had a good chance of flopping), Wonka, Trolls2, Wish (pixar), Rebel Moon (Snyderstans gon actually show up?), etc…

Last edited:
Movie was meh. Had its fun moments here and there but Ms. Marvel’s “I’m a 16 year old fan-girl” angst and obsessive behavior got old real quick. Like within the first 5 minutes of the movie it was overkill and played out. It definitely felt choppy, trying to mesh Captain Marvel’s backstory, Ms. Marvel’s show, Monica’s backstory, the kree’s backstory and the Skrull’s backstory all into one cohesive story.

It also doesn’t help that 2 of the 3 leads are from D+ shows, which meant relying on the general audience having watched said shows to know who they are, otherwise, you’re going to have a slew of people completely lost and unattached to the characters.

At this point I’m convinced they retconned Secret Invasion :lol: Not even a smidge of the show’s happenings was mentioned, which all took place right before the Marvels in the MCU timeline. It really really sucks that they’re striking out with this particular corner of the cosmic universe.

Movie was meh. Had its fun moments here and there but Ms. Marvel’s “I’m a 16 year old fan-girl” angst and obsessive behavior got old real quick. Like within the first 5 minutes of the movie it was overkill and played out. It definitely felt choppy, trying to mesh Captain Marvel’s backstory, Ms. Marvel’s show, Monica’s backstory, the kree’s backstory and the Skrull’s backstory all into one cohesive story.

It also doesn’t help that 2 of the 3 leads are from D+ shows, which meant relying on the general audience having watched said shows to know who they are, otherwise, you’re going to have a slew of people completely lost and unattached to the characters.

At this point I’m convinced they retconned Secret Invasion :lol: Not even a smidge of the show’s happenings was mentioned, which all happened right before the Marvels in the MCU timeline.

sam jack was in there for the one liners and jokes, it doesnt seem like he just came from a very serious events of Secret Invasion, not saying he phone it in but he could only work with what was given him

the alladna scene was the most jarring to me, felt like it was shot by 3 different directors

it was gofy with the dancing and singing then all of a sudden CapM is all serious and in a gown out of nowhere dancing and Monica acting super drunk and unserious, it just felt all over the place

and super nitpic, i know but why didnt the chick just start draining the water in the middle of the ocean? CapM said the planet was like 98% water and you decide to just start draining it right in front of the only landmass and in front of the army that could resist you?

just do it on the other side of the planet and they may have never known you took em until its all dried up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom