WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

"Comic book fatigue" though.

This is different, this is the good stuff.

The fatigue is over the jobber stuff like , Captain Marvel, Antman 3, ThunderSquad Suicide Bolts, Cap 4 and so on...

Top stars like DP, Wolverine, Xmen, Spidey as long as done well, people will never get tired.

no, fox owned the xmen so they couldnt use them until disney purchased fox

that was in 2019 but there were still some leftover films from foxverse and they kind of already had the next phase planned (out endgame was the same year iirc?) and i am somewhat glad they didnt rush them just to get seats in the theaters

now they know what theyve been doing wrong and they can adjust and focus on f4 and xmen and do it right

no, fox owned the xmen so they couldnt use them until disney purchased fox

that was in 2019 but there were still some leftover films from foxverse and they kind of already had the next phase planned (out endgame was the same year iirc?) and i am somewhat glad they didnt rush them just to get seats in the theaters

now they know what theyve been doing wrong and they can adjust and focus on f4 and xmen and do it right
As far as what I said, I know what the rights situation was. I said that knowing that Feige had a vision from jump when he was a producer on the first X men film. It feels like that IP was always his "big get" for his vision of a shared hero universe on screen. I think we got all these MCU movies in hopes of eventually getting the rights to X-men to have most of the characters play under the same roof to do the stories justice.

i dont think so especially when iron man was kind of a success by accident

its too easy to say that now but no one in the whole world would have thought disney would be able buy fox, hell what if it was comcast who eneded up buying fox, or worst, sony?

i just dont think thats his whole vision, i mean feige is god to cbm but i dont think he has all of that envisioned from the very beginning

I mean, knowing what we know now with the internet having all this information easier to access, we found out that at the time, he wanted Sony, Fox, and Universal to play nice and share their characters (which definitely wasn't going to happen). Even in IM, they held on to that deleted scene for years until they finally got a chance to leak it out after the Fox acquisition. At the time it wasn't a possibility, seems like he still didn't let go of the idea and he was holding out hope that one day it would be possible to have all of the characters. The gamble worked out, and he got his ultimate wish. Now, we're in the middle of that transition where the pool of characters are widened because the legal stuff has cleared up, and we can officially see them use the characters he's always wanted. I've just been seeing a common theme from him over the years always wanting a shared universe with X-men being what he really wanted to get to. In this case, he had to start a bit left of center to get there, but he lucked up and here we are. Seems like he was banking on Fox eventually messing up because they were messing up a lot of aspects of the mutants despite them being profitable.

i just dont see it that way, he didnt pivot, more like he had no choice

still had nothing to do with foxverse sucking, if they didnt acquire them, theyd just reboot again and keep making them like sony is doing with the spiderverse now

Feige has a fondness of X-Men because that’s where he started in film with Marvel. He had no clue if Marvel, or Disney for that matter, were ever going to acquire those rights. It wasn’t until they actually did, did they start implementing some aspects. This wasn’t Feige’s long game.

Screenshot_20240213_180841_Chrome.jpg

I'm cool with Vanessa Kirby as Sue. Her being younger that Emily Blunt can probably get her some extra longevity in the role too.

Not that it should really matter in a CMB movie, but you know Hollywood will generally trend with younger actresses.

I would've preferred a different Reed and Sue to be honest (Dev Patel, Jodie Comer) but I like the Johnny and Thing castings.

Back
Top Bottom