WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Lol how was the Council of Kang scene stupid?

Thats an important scene to show the Dynasty.

People just say dumb stuff for engagement, trust I know, I did it a few post up talking trash about anime.

It was probably was the highlight of the film to me. I’m guessing they think it’s stupid because Majors is gone & that scene shows him as every variant…..

PO

chalamet as... cyclops? nightcrawler? doom?

Leonardo DiCaprio Told Timothée Chalamet ‘No Superhero Movies,’ but Chalamet Says ‘I’d Have to Consider’ One ‘If the Script’ and Director Were ‘Great’

“Well, Leonardo DiCaprio said to me, ‘No superhero movies, no hard drugs.’ Which I thought was very good,” Chalamet said. “I follow them both! But the movie that made me want to act is a superhero movie, ‘The Dark Knight.’ If the script was great, if the director was great, I’d have to consider it.”

Never underestimate the power of Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight,” clearly. Chalamet has long been outspoken about his love for the landmark 2008 comic book tentpole. Accepting the best actor prize for “Call Me by Your Name” at the New York Film Critics Circle Awards back in 2018, Chalamet spoke about “The Dark Knight” changing his life.

“When I was 12 years old, after attending one of my sister Pauline’s [ballet] performances, I petitioned my Mom and grandma to see Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Dark Knight’ with me,” Chalamet said. “We went to AMC Empire 25 in Times Square for a 7:30 screening. I left that theater a changed man, and I’m serious about that. Heath Ledger‘s performance in that film was visceral and viral to me, and I now had the acting bug.”

This whole multiverse and variant stuff is giving Marvel mulligans if they mess up the first time around. "Oh that was just a variant, here's a stronger one"

Doesn't give things that much weight anymore.

Worse thing they did was that Rhodey-Skrull nonsense

Leonardo DiCaprio Told Timothée Chalamet ‘No Superhero Movies,’ but Chalamet Says ‘I’d Have to Consider’ One ‘If the Script’ and Director Were ‘Great’

“Well, Leonardo DiCaprio said to me, ‘No superhero movies, no hard drugs.’ Which I thought was very good,” Chalamet said. “I follow them both! But the movie that made me want to act is a superhero movie, ‘The Dark Knight.’ If the script was great, if the director was great, I’d have to consider it.”

Never underestimate the power of Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight,” clearly. Chalamet has long been outspoken about his love for the landmark 2008 comic book tentpole. Accepting the best actor prize for “Call Me by Your Name” at the New York Film Critics Circle Awards back in 2018, Chalamet spoke about “The Dark Knight” changing his life.

“When I was 12 years old, after attending one of my sister Pauline’s [ballet] performances, I petitioned my Mom and grandma to see Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Dark Knight’ with me,” Chalamet said. “We went to AMC Empire 25 in Times Square for a 7:30 screening. I left that theater a changed man, and I’m serious about that. Heath Ledger‘s performance in that film was visceral and viral to me, and I now had the acting bug.”
I wonder when Leo said this. I dont understand how actors can feel like Superhero movies are going to bring you down when RDJ still performing on a high level.

I wonder when Leo said this. I dont understand how actors can feel like Superhero movies are going to bring you down when RDJ still performing on a high level.

to be fair hemsworth, evans and holland has an underwhelming resume outside of the mcu, most have flopped

only very few can have continued succcess, pretty much just rdj, scarjo, cumberbatch and zendaya (and zaldana though she still sticking to scifi for the most part) are the ones who are doing big things and getting some prestige/accolades

hell even batista been in better and bigger things than most of the bigger stars in the mcu

then you also have actors getting fooled into thinking theyre joining the mcu when its actually the spumc :lol:

you also get typecast, look at cavill, dudes gon be stuck doing big hulking action stuff for the rest of his career unless he pivots sooner and shows he can do more than just punch

Chalamet is nearing more overrated than anything so I wouldn’t mind if he stuck to Leo’s advice.
Probably around the time of Titanic when that Cameron Spider-Man movie fell a part or some time after.

Some actors have an elitist/snobbish take on film and what it’s suppose to be and it basically rules out a good deal of certain types of movies. Especially actors that believe in a great actor/movie star formula that will lead them to success.

It’s similar to how some A-list actors never do sequels (or take like 30 years to finally do one). A lot of them just chasing the shadow of dudes like DDL.

Last edited:
Naruto is approximately where I bowed out of anime. Once it switched from cyber/steampunk to high school kids fighting evil, I was done.
Naruto is nether of those. You might be mixing it up up with another one.

Damn. Didn’t know there so much hate for anime. Anime is HUGE everywhere. And no Manga>>> comics. There’s a reason comics are dying down. Anime is the superb story telling.

because RDJ career was non-existent before Marvel rose his body from the ashes and put him back on

Yea..its a generation under me. When I Nuarto hit I was well into my 20s. I grew up watching Project Ako, Ranma 1/2(these 2 would NEVER float today :lol:), FotNS, Macross AKA Robotech, ect. I was looking at Nuarto like..

Soft Kobe Bryant GIFs | Tenor

Naruto is nether of those. You might be mixing it up up with another one.

Damn. Didn’t know there so much hate for anime. Anime is HUGE everywhere. And no Manga>>> comics. There’s a reason comics are dying down. Anime is the superb story telling.
I read that **** and was like where am I right now? Scrolled up and said why are they discussing anime in the marvel thread? Let me just ignore this :lol:

Comics are not dying down lol, each and every Wednesday tons of comics come out and sell out.

Anime fans act like the anime characters thinking whats going on in their little story is how the actual world is.

Anime fans prolly think they got the biggest convention too.

Yea..its a generation under me. When I Nuarto hit I was well into my 20s. I grew up watching Project Ako, Ranma 1/2(these 2 would NEVER float today :lol:), FotNS, Macross AKA Robotech, ect. I was looking at Nuarto like..

Soft Kobe Bryant GIFs | Tenor
Pretty much skipped the second half of OG Naruto because the young kids running around stuff got kind of old. Felt like Naruto Shippuden was way better with more mature tones, the writing remained superb outside of fillers.

As for Chalamet, F him. Don’t mind him in DUNE but the young man is most definitely overrated. Marvel still has the cred to cast great actors/actresses, F4 is proof of that. X-Men doesn’t need that level of prestige cast as long as they have chemistry and are likable enough to stick with for a decade.

Really don’t want them to move away from Kang.

All that build up from Loki S1 & S2 and Quantumania jus for them to be like “nahh”
Their hands are forced but to which way is the question.
They can attempt to recast other “variants” for Kang but it’ll almost make the Loki series be pointless.

For me I feel it would be pointless to set up HWR and Victor Timely to swap them out and never see them again. All that great acting gone down the drain.
Not if someone like The Beyonder the main bad that has been coordinating everything.

I don't think King will just disappear. I would expect a recast and the character would still play a role in the multiverse saga.

Back
Top Bottom