Well Niketalk My Personal Recession is over VOL. Something inspirational UPDATE ON PG 2

Well Niketalk, some of you guys may know in other threads about employment that I was laid off in August of 08. I was applying everywhere and didnt get anyresponses back, would get a responses saying I didnt get selected for an interview, or I would get selected for an interview, yet they would choose someoneelse for the position. It was frustrating to the point I fell into a depression. Yet one day my moms told me to pray and fast and continue to pray and fastfor 7 days as I was led by the holy spirit. I done it, with the help of going to church, studying my bible, and becoming a what God wanted me to be. LastWednesday my unemployment for the State of MD ran out so I have no income, and although I was worried I continued to trust in God. Nevertheless today at 10:15a.m. Ya boy got a job working with Criminal Justice Coordinating Council which is with the DC Gov't
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cliff Notes:
-Frustrated cuz I could get a job
-Put it in God's Hands
-Got a Job in DC Govt

To all my unemployed NTers, keep ya head up and hope this encourages you.

Congrats fam. If yu dnt mind me asking...how did you end up getting the job??

GOD IS GOOD!

BUT LEMME STOP YOU REAL QUICK, NIKETALK LISTEN UP

THERE IS NO NEED TO FAST FOR 7 #*(&$#(&(# DAYS AT ALL FOR NO REASON.

MOST NTrs FRAIL AT IS IT, YOU TRYNA KILL MEMBERS WITH THAT INFO.

i eat 6-8 times a day just to stay anabolic and vascular i suggest you do that next time you pray, god will understand. believe me.

FAM..

i was in same boat...but imagine having no check job since july..I was just making money on the side doing whatever i could do.

I just started a job today as well...contract job but hey its within the gov..its a steppin stone to whatever god may have for me next.

just remember that

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

TypicalAtheistNTer said:

Yo, congrats on the job, but God had nothing to do with that fam.

Anyway, congrats on the job. Praise God.

grin.gif

Was that really neccesary?
So the jokes can't work both ways? Thought you didn't care for the labels and such anyway.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by m7792

Congrats !

and fast for 7 days
eek.gif
you didn't eat for 7 days?
It doesn't necessarily have to be food.
I fasted from 12 midnight to 6 p.m. I drank 100% Juice, Water, and prayed, after 6, i ate chicken breast, or something good for the body. it waseasy in the first couple days but by the time the weekend came around it was getting harder to go through it, but I continued to be committed. It doesnt haveto be food, but food was something I choose to do. Plus 7 days was something that I was led to do, some of my friends fasted for 10 days, 20 days, it dependson what it put into your spirit.

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Congrats fam. If yu dnt mind me asking...how did you end up getting the job??
Putting my resume out there, with the help of this staffing agency that worked with my resume, gave me interview tips, and proofread my resume tomake it more professional in a government setting.

Glory to God! Congratulations brother, He is always on time aint He?

I wish you God's blessings on your new job

my bad i read that wrong.......yep

i thought you meant fasting for real though, you were still eating.

thats great. God is good. do u have any tips to make ones resume appeal more to a gov setting?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

my bad i read that wrong.......yep

i thought you meant fasting for real though, you were still eating.
No problem

yeah I ate after 6pm when my fast was over. You were talking about an absolute fast which is when you dont eat for 24 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom