Were the Eggplant Foams worthy of the hype?

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

I'll let you know when i finally track my pair down.....still looking for a 9.5 for a decent price!

For a shoe that may have been hyped, people must like them cos its not like they are getting jettisoned for the next hyped shoe......

These days foams are practically a business sneaker. Even if i wasn't a fan, i'd be in no hurry to give em' up knowing some dumb schmoe will spend $350+ for a pair.

For the record, never have and never will spend more than retail for a foamposite. Been loyal to the local shoe city's and dtlrs and refuse to sacrifice my integrity now.

i feel you i cant see paying over retail for them. i remember when i was in 10th grade and peeps were hating on the foam pros.. i was trading retro jays andtaking foams off peeps hands. good old days.

I never understood the hype till they were sold out everywhere then I finally wanted a pair
smh.gif
laugh.gif

But not once did I ever think they were better than the Royal ones

Originally Posted by moneymike88

It actually says varsity purple on the box...eggplant us just a hype name
they're da same color as da eggplant flightposites
grin.gif

i was never into foam 1's, but pro's......
pimp.gif
. still need the pearls in a size 8.5 for a decent price....
smh.gif

Yes

I jumped the gun and pre-ordered a pair but still was on the look out online for pairs at retail orbelow (copped 3 pairs)... pre-order fell through...win! win!
smokin.gif

Still need Royal pair 9.5/10 though
frown.gif
nerd.gif

HELL YES!!!!

Greatest shoe i've ever purchased....[i dont have royals]

If there was a fire and i could grab 1 pair, it would be the eggplants HANDS DOWN.

It's a nice clean looking shoe... I haven't worn my pair yet because when they dropped in the dc area, you would see crews of like 5 to 6 dudes wearingthe same shoe... I told myself i'll break them out in a year or so...

Originally Posted by EZ Primo

It's a nice clean looking shoe... I haven't worn my pair yet because when they dropped in the dc area, you would see crews of like 5 to 6 dudes wearing the same shoe... I told myself i'll break them out in a year or so...
laugh.gif
..there are a lot of folks that wear them in theDMV(including me lol)

These are my favorite shoe all time and the $200 price tag was the most I ever paid retail for any shoe.
pimp.gif

i always liked em. even tho none of my ppl thought da same. wanted em. but didnt have $200. still want em

one of the few pairs of shoes i got 2 pairs of

the sneekgeek video from last tear around this time made the hype on these nuts

it was well worth it

love my pair, i rock em every so often..only one spot in my city got em, the store owner wouldnt sell them to anybody who was plannin to resell

I was fortunate to get 2 pairs for retail. One in store, the other online. I still love the shoe and like them more than the royals.

yes they were worthy of the hype. when ever i wear these peoples necks break 360 degrees.

These are still above the royals in my book. No hype here either. I had OG royals, royal pros and I still got my retro royals. Maybe I just OD'ed on royalfoams over the years and I was just ready for something new, but foams are a winter shoe and I like the way purple looks better w/ jeans.

I realize that puts me in the minority, but its how I feel.

^ To each his own, bruh.. But I do think that after the smoke cleared, these are still a solid Foam and not just a hyped up shoe.
So, definitely well worth the hype they got.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Brought out a rack of folks who dissed foamposites before, but run around with team posite and team penny sigs, bamma please.
nerd.gif

roll.gif

is any shoe really worthy of hype anymore? honestly i didn't appreciate the hysteria for them.

i'm thinking the tons of people who wanted a pair, or even wanted a new pair, of the blue foam ones for the ten years prior to the 2007 retro and then to make them a QS retro when it should have been a GR, then add the blk/blk, blk/red and blk/cactus which weren't "accepted" (dunno why cause they are dope).....then with the HOH madness just made it more inevitable for the eggplant madness to develop.
still have the pair you hooked me up with, thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom