What Ancient cultures fascinate you

It is not ancient, but I would love to have been a Knight Templar.

jsb1.jpg

Originally Posted by Moe Fab

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by desent

Not really sure about the name of he civilization but they show ruins of it all the time about how there is a rock type material that they could only get 50 to 100 miles from them, and then had to move it up a hill. Then if that was not enough they were able to cut grooves in it in a manner that we can not even do with today's technology. Thy usually bring up that civilization when talking about ancient aliens. I'm sure someone on here knows what I am talking about
I think it was the Aztecs or the Mayas. Something about rocks being found all over their land and the rock is only found in Brazil.
Ancient Aliens 
alien.gif

Olmec?

Just got off work i was talking about. Puma punku. http://daveearley.hubpage...Puma-Punku-in-TiahuanacoI just googled it. It's crazy and has not been mentioned here. Read and google it and tell me ur thoughts

Originally Posted by desent

Originally Posted by Moe Fab

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

I think it was the Aztecs or the Mayas. Something about rocks being found all over their land and the rock is only found in Brazil.
Ancient Aliens 
alien.gif
Olmec?
Just got off work i was talking about. Puma punku. http://daveearley.hubpage...Puma-Punku-in-TiahuanacoI just googled it. It's crazy and has not been mentioned here. Read and google it and tell me ur thoughts
Saw this on AA, definitely a mystery but I group that with other historical mysteries like the Money Pit and the lost colony of Roanoke. This thread though has me more entrenched with the wonder of how these ancient cultures functioned.

I have to also add the whole era Ghengis was running things.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Definitely ancient Egypt and Rome.
Definitely. My art History classes had me so caught up in those chapters. I was happy as hell when my entire art history 2 class was all Classic art and then my art history 3 class was Gothic art

native american

stuff like suriname is cool to me too. basically africa in south america. the slave trade was horrible no doubt but some cool stuff came out of it. pretty much the whole carribean as well.

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Originally Posted by Boogiexdown

jsb1.jpg
Damn, good call.
I always watch when History Channel has something on the Templars.  Being a knight is cool but I'm not sure if it was fun when you're stationed in the desert and constantly fighting.  The Templars had a ton of money though and they only answered to the Pope 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Originally Posted by Boogiexdown

jsb1.jpg

Damn, good call.

They were worse than the Arabs they fought in most cases, in many aspects just as prejudice as the muslim terrorists-cells we see today. Both were/are tools of their religion and close-minded. This is one of the reasons why Europe didn't grow as whole in that time period (600s-1200s) other than militarily. But, I guess the world was more close-minded as a whole compared to today. 

Back
Top Bottom