What are the Pros/Cons of living with your Boyfriend/Girlfriend?

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Honestly OP, reading your comments it seems like you all are forcing this thing just because you are having he baby. That is what I get from reading your comments. I could very well be wrong but that is what I am seeing.

I sense that a little , its like she is trying to make everything so perfect
ohwell.gif

@space

You 30 and poop still freaks you out?

no, poop is funny. but when your significant other starts not flushing and such, it gets harrowing. i don't want to see what's excreted from the area i just had my face in mere hours prior.

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Come on, gORJESS.. you're asking a board full of guys that are scared of living with a woman, getting married and only date super models and adult stars...

just take care of your guy and dont get aggravated by little things that annoy you..
roll.gif

Just thought I would try and get some of the mature opinions off of here lol  
grin.gif

I don't live with a s/o, but here is what I WOULD DO:
1. Set rules. As previously mentioned. Everything from house work to other responsibilities

2. Set a day such as Sunday that is completely dedicated to not speaking to or seeing your s/o. It will give you both 'me' time and by midnight you'll just end up having crazy 'i miss you' sex

3. Learn to shut up. Seriously... its been joked about, but it has more truth than sandwich making skills

She asked for advice not your dream situation,these responses are funny
Just make sure you comunicate, put your pride aside and take the L sometimes
When you get deep in your pregnancy you are not going to have time worry about lingerie

And don't take garbage just because you are pregnant and want to keep him

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

no, poop is funny. but when your significant other starts not flushing and such, it gets harrowing. i don't want to see what's excreted from the area i just had my face in mere hours prior.
You never pissed on the seat?

Originally Posted by Solerunner

She asked for advice not your dream situation,these responses are funny
Just make sure you comunicate, put your pride aside and take the L sometimes
When you get deep in your pregnancy you are not going to have time worry about lingerie

And don't take garbage just because you are pregnant and want to keep him
All of this. People in here are real $!@$!@%$ but I will say this:

Don't be afraid to walk away last minute in the pregnancy if you see it's what's best for your little one. You are the one who is burden with the task of doing the child bearing and raising...you don't need two babies and extra hassles when you can get in shape in no time and get yourself a new man life in 5.

I'm just saying tho.
nerd.gif
I'm the prepared type tho. Good luck OP. 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Come on, gORJESS.. you're asking a board full of guys that are scared of living with a woman, getting married and only date super models and adult stars...

just take care of your guy and dont get aggravated by little things that annoy you..
roll.gif

grin.gif

1. Set rules. As previously mentioned. Everything from house work to other responsibilities

2. Set a day such as Sunday that is completely dedicated to not speaking to or seeing your s/o. It will give you both 'me' time and by midnight you'll just end up having crazy 'i miss you' sex

3. Learn to shut up. Seriously... its been joked about, but it has more truth than sandwich making skills
laugh.gif
 Look at this unrealistic garbage 

Some of you need to stop watching romance comedies 

roll.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

the nerve of that guy.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

the day a woman agrees to that is the days she she is +#*#### one of your friends and you gave her the perfect excuse. 

What is really unrealistic about learning how to shutup?

The Set a Day aside talk might be stretched but giving each other space isn't unreasonable. I mean purposely just letting her have her free time and allowing yourself to be without her company isn't far fetched. Not sure what you are trying to say Big Freak.

Honestly OP, reading your comments it seems like you all are forcing this thing just because you are having he baby. That is what I get from reading your comments. I could very well be wrong but that is what I am seeing.

I sense that a little , its like she is trying to make everything so perfect
ohwell.gif

@space

You 30 and poop still freaks you out?

We decided together to do this as a family, I never forced this or moving in with me on him. Honestly it was a complete shock when we found out and I knew what I wanted from day one as far as keeping the baby or not. We fought about it a bit we exchanged harsh words because our opinions on what should be done could not have been more different and in the end I said to him "Okay, you tell me what you think is best for our situation and that will be our decision" I will admit that I would not have went and got an abortion if thats what he decided, but I needed him to think he had the final say because I wanted an honest opinion from him. He asked me for a week and than said okay, I think we should keep the baby and do this as a family and that was that. 

To tell you the truth...yes I am trying to make everything perfect, I love the guy. I want him happy just as much as I want to be happy. Just new to the living together thing and thought maybe if I saw some examples of the simple mistakes that have been made by some other couples or examples of the good things I can do, that maybe I wouldn't have thought about before....than I could do my part to make this experience the best for both of us.

My little one close up, fist in front of its face….maybe I have the next UFC champ on deck 
wink.gif
 :

34470gp.jpg

My question for you Jessica is this. And I want maximum honesty.

If you weren't having that baby, do you think that you would be moving in with this dude at this point in the relationship?

gORJESS wrote:

aww look at his nose.
embarassed.gif

Your approach is great, you trying to learn from peoples mistakes to better your situation.

I just hope he is also trying to figure out how to make this situation perfect, it would suck if all the effort was just on your part.

If you weren't having that baby, do you think that you would be moving in with this dude at this point in the relationship?

No. We wouldn't be moving in together at this or that point. Before the baby we had lightly spoken about it for the future and of course we would have liked to have more than 6-7 months to prepare for something so life changing, but I look at it as this is the way it happened, and these were the cards we were dealt. 

No. We wouldn't be moving in together at this or that point. Before the baby we had lightly spoken about it for the future and of course we would have liked to have more than 6-7 months to prepare for something so life changing, but I look at it as this is the way it happened, and these were the cards we were dealt. 

Well don't do it then. You just admitted that the baby is your excuse to make it happen. Don't do it. I admire your strong feelings for dude but you might be pushing/forcing something that shouldn't even be happening right now. You have only been together for 1 year, I personally think that is too soon. Baby or not. Good luck though but I think deep down inside you know this is probably not a good idea.
Again, no disrespect.

roll.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

2h83482.jpg

Well don't do it then. You just admitted that the baby is your excuse to make it happen. Don't do it. I admire your strong feelings for dude but you might be pushing/forcing something that shouldn't even be happening right now. You have only been together for 1 year, I personally think that is too soon. Baby or not. Good luck though but I think deep down inside you know this is probably not a good idea.
Again, no disrespect.
I agree with DC. 
Damn.

I say don't do this because you think it's what's your suppose to do when you get pregnant and the man wants to actually be with baby mother these days(jesus christ
30t6p3b.gif
). What kind of beginning to a living situation is that? You guys will be living together when you are meant to be living together. It will happen naturally. So what if you're pregnant?
laugh.gif
You got a few more months before you become a mother. 

The Set a Day aside talk might be stretched but giving each other space isn't unreasonable. I mean purposely just letting her have her free time and allowing yourself to be without her company isn't far fetched. Not sure what you are trying to say Big Freak.

You shouldn't want to muzzle me like a dog 
indifferent.gif

I was mostly speaking of the sunday crap
Its unrealistic because it aint gonna happen.
I think many of you will end up divorced if you ever get married.  

Originally Posted by cap1229

Again, no disrespect.
I agree with DC. 
Damn.

I say don't do this because you think it's what's your suppose to do when you get pregnant and the man wants to actually be with baby mother these days(jesus christ
30t6p3b.gif
). What kind of beginning to a living situation is that? You guys will be living together when you are meant to be living together. It will happen naturally. So what if you're pregnant?
laugh.gif
You got a few more months before you become a mother. 

I feel like it would have happened in time, maybe not by october but the way I was feeling before the baby - I saw that with him. Now im not 100% sure what he saw or when he saw it happening because like I said we spoke briefly about it and financially, we could have waited. Do I think its the perfect time? not really sure...but is it what I want? Yes. I do want to wake up to him every morning and I do want the baby to be raised with him and I present, god willing. 

I mean, if it doesn't work....do you guys think it really would have worked if we waited a year lets say? 

IMO, I feel like if it can happen, or is supposed to work it will regardless of it being a bit sooner than it would have. 

One thing I hate is that I feel as though my time is being audited. When you live alone you can come and go as you please but when you have a live-in gf/bf you're gonna get calls if its 6:30 and you're usually home from work at 5:30. 

I actually like my chick coming to bed in baggy clothes/pajamas. @+%! turns me on, like really ON, for some reason.

indifferent.gif

You are missing the point here.
1. Learning to shutup isn't just for the woman. It is for either party to bite their tongue and pick their battles instead of b*tching and nagging at any moment. Hold your toungue and don't waste your argument points. Nobody is talking about putting a muzzle on anyone. 

2. As I said before, picking 1 day might not be realistic but giving each other space is essentially what he is saying. Nothing further. Don't be up each other's butts at all hours of the week when you aren't working. Go take a walk. Go out with your boys/girls. Go to the library. Get away from them for some hours.

What is unrealistic about that again Freak?

indifferent.gif

You are missing the point here.

1. Learning to shutup isn't just for the woman. It is for either party to bite their tongue and pick their battles instead of b*tching and nagging at any moment. Hold your toungue and don't waste your argument points. Nobody is talking about putting a muzzle on anyone. 

2. As I said before, picking 1 day might not be realistic but giving each other space is essentially what he is saying. Nothing further. Don't be up each other's butts at all hours of the week when you aren't working. Go take a walk. Go out with your boys/girls. Go to the library. Get away from them for some hours.

What is unrealistic about that again ShoeFreakBaby?
Go back and  re read brettthejetts post.
Im pretty sure brett who I originally quoted meant it for women 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

You never pissed on the seat?

should i sprinkle when i tinkle, i'm sweet, i wipe the seat.

grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ thinking that. You'd have a better chance at beating Jesus in a breakdancing contest.

Haven't been through all 7 pages, as I'm sure there are plenty of lulz. But to answer, based on a year and a half
out of my [nearly] 3 yr relationship of us basically playing house, in short...

Pros:
- You always have some company while some of your single friends &@^#% about not having a man/woman,
with everybody else on that awkward/miserable "Let's go out and catch some men/b&@^#%" phase.
- Have sex, go to sleep, wake up, have sex, repeat
- There's always somebody to hold done in both the good and bad times

Cons:
- When you wanna have your own down time by yourself (which everybody at one time or another wants/needs),
you can say goodbye to that.
- Depending on how committed you are, you'll probably gradually feel like you're in a vice and can't get out, like when
you want to get away or something, you can't (ties in ti the 1st one)
- You may feel like you're days start to feel the same, like you're getting bored and nothing surprises you.
- Whatever your other half gets involved in (in terms of school/college stuff like frats/sorors, etc), surprise you're
apart of it too (which can be a pro or con depending on what it is).

I could have went into more detail (especially the pros), but I just don't feel like it
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom