What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

6D345E3D-E309-42E5-9F30-6F4F12DF73FB.jpeg
Did damage at TW, bros. Dropped like $350. Happy Friday/drinking, guys. Will bless the thread with pics as I uncork stuff.

Henry McKenna 10-year-old Bottled-in-Bond, a 20,000-case bourbon for $30 a bottle, won San Francisco’s Best Bourbon last year. And now, Henry McKenna is the world’s best whiskey."

You won't be disappointed. Costco had some for $26.

Good looks. Just picked up a bottle on the way home from work.

Threw steaks and sausage on the grill. Lil' chilly in NJ today but still got the job done. Paired with an excellent Spanish Garnacha, a 2016 San Gregorio Single Vineyards Las Martas. Exquisite, really, for the price point. Under $10 per bottle. Purchased a case from TW. Like it even better than the Alvarez de Toledo I often mention in this thread for value.

if you get a chance, try the Glenlivet 18...you won't regret it.
Oh, I'm totally with you, man. Thanks to pops, I've had the pleasure of enjoying both Glenlivet 15 and 18. Same with Macallan 15 and 18. But to be honest, I usually buy about two bottles of scotch per month. Not tryna shell out $250 per month on Glenlivet 15. TW by me charges roughly $120 a bottle. I pay approx. $250 for Macallan 18 there.

Oh, I'm totally with you, man. Thanks to pops, I've had the pleasure of enjoying both Glenlivet 15 and 18. Same with Macallan 15 and 18. But to be honest, I usually buy about two bottles of scotch per month. Not tryna shell out $250 per month on Glenlivet 15. TW by me charges roughly $120 a bottle. I pay approx. $250 for Macallan 18 there.

I dig. Thankfully the 18 i can get around my way for between $105 - $120. Macallan is good but def not worth the money once you go past 15 and that's even pushing it for me. I view it the same as Johnnie Blue. Its cool to try and is good, but def not worth the amount being charged for it.

^^^^

I believe somewhere earlier in this thread I made the case that Glen 18 was one of the better Single Malts for the price point.

I was getting them shipped from Cali for about 85 all in but shipping regulations from out of state are a headache.

if you get a chance, try the Glenlivet 18...you won't regret it.

Current shelf. Fresh 18 was pulled out for Crawford/Khan.

Last bottle was polished off Tuesday after chaperoning a K field trip :lol:

AE7E0059-DB3E-4D17-B232-1488236C4E90.jpeg

Current shelf. Fresh 18 was pulled out for Crawford/Khan.

Last bottle was polished off Tuesday after chaperoning a K field trip :lol:

AE7E0059-DB3E-4D17-B232-1488236C4E90.jpeg

Nice. That Oban little bay is good as well

Was in The Hague a couple weeks back and this bottle of Glengoyne 10 kept me company for my entire stay in the hotel. I'd def recommend it. For the taste and versatility at the price point, you can't go wrong. I think I paid €34 for it. Was very good neat, on the rocks, with a splash of seltzer, with diet coke and lemon. Just an all around great everyday scotch.
20190330_215015.jpg

That’s what I was doing. Plus the 14s and 12s. The more bottles, the lower the ship. No NY state sales tax. It was lovely.

On the subject my favorite 12s are Balvenie Doublewood and that Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban for the price point.

Funny, brought a bottle of Quinta Ruban to my boy crib...next thing he tells me "yo bring another one of those through next time." Most of the Glenmorangie line is a great value. My favorite 12 is Glenfiddich. Not too far behind are Bowmore and Redbreast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom