What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

PXL_20220210_162334002.jpg

This just happened to me. This rare bourbon dropped today with a limit of 1 per customer at Total Wine. I checked out and an older gentleman was behind me buying wine. Outside, as we parked near each other, I asked him if he could return to the store and buy me another since it has a 1 per person limit..he said no problem, so I hand him a $50 bill. The bottle is $44. He comes back to the parking lot, he hands me the extra bottle and the $50 back and says Merry Christmas. Made my day.

Which TW? :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Small Batch hit a few stores in Grand Rapids MI… They were gone 20 mins after posting on FB

PXL_20220210_162334002.jpg

This just happened to me. This rare bourbon dropped today with a limit of 1 per customer at Total Wine. I checked out and an older gentleman was behind me buying wine. Outside, as we parked near each other, I asked him if he could return to the store and buy me another since it has a 1 per person limit..he said no problem, so I hand him a $50 bill. The bottle is $44. He comes back to the parking lot, he hands me the extra bottle and the $50 back and says Merry Christmas. Made my day.
I love stories like that and often wonder if I’ll ever be put into a position to do the same someday.

The-Spiderman-pointing-at-Spiderman-template-Source-Reddit_Q640.jpg

Wow, all my favorites, too (except Oban - don't think I've tried it yet), but I also really hate anything peated, though.

But yeah, tmay407 tmay407 , like @illphillip said, anything Highland is what you want. Cask strength stuff is really potent - Glenlivet Illicit Still, Aberlour Abunadh Cask, both are pretty kick-***.

As for tonight, I'm sippin' High West Double Rye while binging Doom Patrol. It's a cold-*** rye night lol.
Grabbed a bottle of the Illicit Still tonight to fill up my wife’s decanter before her sister visits tomorrow. I’ll give it a try and see how it is.

Grabbed a bottle of the Illicit Still tonight to fill up my wife’s decanter before her sister visits tomorrow. I’ll give it a try and see how it is.
This **** is fire dude. Love it. I’ll take any of your reccos going forward.

Finally had Wild Turkey 101 after about 12 years of staying away from it. It used to be a favorite. Got curved by a girl I THOUGHT was into me sophomore year of college and drank half a bottle with vanilla coke and was sick as a dog

Finally returned to the Turkey and I've missed it

Whatcha smoking tonight? I always dig your setup and I've recently in the last few months fell down the cigar rabbit hole myself
20220212_214004.jpg

Here is the label. Soild cigar for the price.

Please don't fall for the Cuban thing. Mad overrated.

I looked briefly and the prices scared me off right now. The most expensive I've tried was a Davidoff and I bought a Padron 64 anniversary for the super bowl tomorrow

I'm good with trying as much as possible and finding the cheaper ones I like right now while I'm still developing the taste. Right now it's "this is good.. this is bad" 😂

If you like cigars or nicotine, try nasal snuff. Feels especially good when drinking. I never liked to do coke but snuff is awesome.
E3EBA08D-EB9C-4CE1-B910-78A5E10E8223.jpeg

I go for the big 60 rings or above. There are some good sticks at good prices.

Most expensive I paid was 25 a stick for the Corojo #5's.

Stopped by my local BevMo the other day and they had 2 or 3 Booker’s on the shelf. I didn’t buy one. Should I be kicking myself? Lol

IMO Bookers is trash.

But it's great trade bait. I would have gotten it for that purpose.
I’ve never had it but I guess trade bait would’ve been nice. I likely would have just bought 1 to try and have on hand. Sorta regretting not buying it.

I’ve never had it but I guess trade bait would’ve been nice. I likely would have just bought 1 to try and have on hand. Sorta regretting not buying it.

I had a bottle took one glass and immediately sold the open bottle for what I paid for it.

Just me...everyone has a different palte.

Booker’s has some amazing batches. I have about 8 Country Ham on deck (2019-3). It's right there with my favorite whiskey of all time. I've got a Booker's 25th Anniversary that I'm looking forward to cracking as well. Have had it for a couple years. Also have a Sip Awhile and a Kentucky Chew. Both good but not as great as Country Ham.

Yesterday:
66D01E4C-645E-4BFB-A366-ED8D3DFD1D80.jpeg

Having a Makers 46 Cask Strength right now.

IMG20220218202300.jpg

Having a little Japanese and Indian tasting tonight. In order:
Hibiki Japanese Harmony
Hibiki 12
The Nikka 12
Hibiki 17
Taketsuru 17
Amrut Greedy Angels 10 yo

Some damn fine whiskies. The Hibikis were good but would never pay what they go for right now. Taketsuru 17 is a little better value for money if you like a very balanced whisky.
In fact, all the Japanese whiskies are very balanced and subtle, but I found them a little flat sometimes also.

The Amrut on the other hand blasts everything out of the water. I absolutely love this one. On the nose it's quite sweet, on the palate it's nice and spicy with a lot of oak coming through. Strangely it's not really bitter though.

Guess that's another bottle to save up for.

Back
Top Bottom