What are your Goals and Dreams, Lets see if we can help.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

Originally Posted by youngmoney15

My goal is to make a million dollars before the age of 25. i also want to open up a sneaker boutique.

thats wassup I was hoping with money I made from playing basketball I could open up a sneaker boutique as well in my hometown D.C. I already know how it would be layed out. clean white look, with plasma and the rarest and hard to find kicks. A dj will be in there playing at all time. Even have autographed shoes in a sleek glass case.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
yea I'm from D.C myself. Till about 11th grade is when i gave up my hoop dreams. Now my goal is to graduate high school and get to college.when i get to college i will figure out what i will do to make that money
happy.gif

My dream is to express myself through other ways beside conversation...I'm mute but I feel like I can draw, film, and write my feelings and ideas.
smh.gif

Also I want to go to the moon one day, maybe live there.

When weed is legalized, and I think it will be in our lifetime, I definitely want to get into some agricultural *@%%
pimp.gif

I got a big list. They go in any order.

-Get GPA up to 3.6-3.7 Unweighted (Currently a 3.3 UW 3.65 W Junior year)
-Get past this AP Physics class (Been studying everyday on notes, organized study groups)
-Go to a decent school (OSU, UM, UIllinois, possibly NYU if grades are good enough)
-Do well on the SAT, ACT, SAT II (History, Physics, and Bio probably) along with the AP Tests (4 on US History so far)
-Keep up music, keeping a minor/major on the ropes as a possibility (been playing cello and playing in city orchestra)
-Keep going to the gym and lose about 20 pounds in the next few months (Been going Monday Wednesday Friday).
-Read more books (Started reading The Grapes of Wrath, want to start reading Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky when I get the chance)
-Get a job next summer.
-Do well as a Major in Bio/Chem, get a good MCAT score and go into some sort of medical field (Liking medical research and dentistry as I like dealing withpeople).
-Talking to more people (Being more vocal by talking to girls and going to parties. Some NT'er said it best: "Closed mouths don't get fed.")
-Start a family at age 28-33
-Own a nice car that my dad doesn't have to loan out for me.

I just want my art to be appriciated, i have hundreds of pictures drawn and painted, and i finally decided to make a blog to show them, eventually id like tobe able to sell my art, and make a living doing so.
I'd love it if the niketalk fam would just take a look, and a comment would be more than appriciated. If you leave a comment, leave your sn so i can thankyou.

myfuzzyschemes.blogspot.com

Graduated this summer, Masters in Aerospace Engineering (in England) ~ 3.5 GPA.

Goals:

- Working in the aerospace industry, ideally space related and in a perfect world on rocket & engine development. (Just finished applying to LockheedMartin, working on apps for other companies as secondary options).
- Developing the body I know I could have (Been a bit lax on this lately with winter coming on, not playing ball as frequently now that done with school)
- Work towards a basketball coaching qualification (always a coach on the court, come back home to be assistant at my school while my job hunt goes on, reallyenjoying it)
- Find my perfect face (get that haircut/style, facial hair together as well as keeping my skin clear 24/7 --> needs more effort on this right now)
- Get the girl of my dreams (think i've found her, stuck on different continents but undoubtedly been my best friend and closest confidant the past couplemonths, we share everything)

Of all of them, the last one bugs my the most right now.

Originally Posted by connoleee

I just want my art to be appriciated, i have hundreds of pictures drawn and painted, and i finally decided to make a blog to show them, eventually id like to be able to sell my art, and make a living doing so.
I'd love it if the niketalk fam would just take a look, and a comment would be more than appriciated. If you leave a comment, leave your sn so i can thank you.

myfuzzyschemes.blogspot.com
There is definite potential there. I'm not really a big art person, but those two pieces i saw intrigued me. Would love to see more and havebookmarked your blog to do so. Good luck.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

i would have been playing for Howard cc in columbia MD unfortunately I totaled my car and my school is 40 min away. Me and my parents dont have the money. Instead of fall apart or give up I will still practice with the team, and I will play in every league known to man to get my name out there to a 4 year college. too often people give up when the road gets hard, I just find the positive and work harder 3 workouts a day starting at 5 am plus school and now gotta get a job to get a car. No worries I will get there remember the name Brett Robinson 6ft 3 230lbs point guard/ shooting guard.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

With an outlook like that - failure is impossible. Because no matter what you end up doing, you will succeed. Im trying to maintain that outlook, onlypositivity comes out of it.

owning a house/condo

getting a Masters

drive a Bimmer

work for Nike or any big company doing Marketing or things in that nature

getting paid $$$$

Overcome every possible obstacle being thrown at me and at the end of the day be able to say "I held my own and did it my way".

My hoop dreams are gone now, and I think that was the only "defined" dream I ever had. I always wanted to have the type of life that would make mehappy and satisfied, and never actually wanted to chase the money or focus only on a career side of life.

I can honestly say I went through so much in my life, that people who know about it are just amazed "I made it" to the point Im in right now, andthey dont even know the full story (say, just a half of it). Right now Im hitting a lot of bumps too, but I just know I have the strenght to deal with all ofit. I got a lot of shortcomings, but I know I can be proud of myself and thats what I think its all about and I want to continue that.

Finally release my first mixtape after working on it for almost three years. Have it well received and accepted, and for my talent to be recognized
nerd.gif

Check the sigggg

Currently I'm in my third year of college, looking to major in English and eventually teach high school English and coach football/basketball. I want tochange kids' lives.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

loving this thread. positive vibes rolling through here.

Awesome! We need more of that on NT.

Finish college, and become a firefighter/EMT

it's going to take A LOT of hard work and im scared since i know its tough to be chosen

To be a multi-millionaire.
Put all my _'s in a position to do the same.
Provide financial stability for my family way after i'm gone.
Travel Abroad
Live Lavishly
Own my own penthouse apartment

Nice thread. But some of ya'll are have goals that are too broad. Lemme help you guys out.

set SMART goals.

S- specific
M- measurable
A- attainable
R- realistic
T- Timed

the T is important. If you guys set a specific date for the goal to be a achieved, ya'll won't slack.

Wow. I got to use what i learned in class today. Hah!

Let's keep this thread goin, a positive thread is a rare thing on niketalk, so lets make it last...

Im in my penultimate year at uni (BA economic history) and i need to focus on getting an internship at a big banking firm (i want to be a banker/financialadvisor/ risk assessor) applications are sooo long and soooo hard (right now im stuck on Bank of England application, i need to finish it tomorrow man deadlineis 26th novemeber), but ive gotta try hard...sometimes finding motivation is dificult even though i know it'll pay off eventually.

Thats my main aim right now.

Cool topic by the way, lets keep it going

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

My dream is to express myself through other ways beside conversation...I'm mute but I feel like I can draw, film, and write my feelings and ideas.
smh.gif

Also I want to go to the moon one day, maybe live there.

When weed is legalized, and I think it will be in our lifetime, I definitely want to get into some agricultural *@%%
pimp.gif
stay focused, and determined, that good you dont allow being mute to stop your expression just keep going

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Finally release my first mixtape after working on it for almost three years. Have it well received and accepted, and for my talent to be recognized
nerd.gif

Check the sigggg

Im definitely gonna check out your mixtape and post the link on my facebook and twitter to spread the word

Originally Posted by Ballin all day

Overcome every possible obstacle being thrown at me and at the end of the day be able to say "I held my own and did it my way".

My hoop dreams are gone now, and I think that was the only "defined" dream I ever had. I always wanted to have the type of life that would make me happy and satisfied, and never actually wanted to chase the money or focus only on a career side of life.

I can honestly say I went through so much in my life, that people who know about it are just amazed "I made it" to the point Im in right now, and they dont even know the full story (say, just a half of it). Right now Im hitting a lot of bumps too, but I just know I have the strenght to deal with all of it. I got a lot of shortcomings, but I know I can be proud of myself and thats what I think its all about and I want to continue that.
keep your head up and faith in your heart

I don't think i've ever admitted this before but I dream about becoming a R&B artist. Not some lil wack Dream or nothin' like that, a realtalented, recognized by real music lovers type. Like a John Legend or Musiq type dude.

I'm taking all sorts of music classes and instrument classes, but i'm definitely not goin' where I need to go to make that happen.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I don't think i've ever admitted this before but I dream about becoming a R&B artist. Not some lil wack Dream or nothin' like that, a real talented, recognized by real music lovers type. Like a John Legend or Musiq type dude.

I'm taking all sorts of music classes and instrument classes, but i'm definitely not goin' where I need to go to make that happen.
laugh.gif

well if u want it bad enough you will find a way and do all you can. pain from effort is temporary regret last a lifetime

Back
Top Bottom