What Are Your Pre-Game Rituals Vol. First bball game TONIGHT

NT, I ask you: what are you're pre-game rituals. We all know KG has got some good ones. Arenas is a bit superstitous also.

Do you do anything before your game (basketball, football, baseball, etc.) that helps you relax or just cause?

I use to drop a duece before each game but not anymore. Now all I do is where my lucky ankle brace and I'm good.

I use to try to get pumped up but it always brought out my nerves.

If I were you I would just relax and try to get loose (
ohwell.gif
)
laugh.gif
, have fun, I played my best ball when I'm having fun.

Not right before the game, but I definitely like to have dropped deuceage prior to hooping, between the last time I ate and before I play. Other than that,there's nothing really out of the ordinary for me. I stretch for a long time and warm up my knees, like to make 3 shots from each elbow and 3 free throwsif I can then run downcourt doing 6 behind the backs, 6 front crossovers, and 6 between the legs with 1 being right to left back to right. All in all, thedribbling and shooting really only takes a couple minutes.

One thing that may be somewhat strange, is that I stretch before leaving the house to go hoop. What would always happen before I did that is literally thesecond I walk in, sometimes even when they see me pulling up in the parking lot, kats are like, "Ay yo we got DatZ. Datz you wanna run? You with us,we got next," and I would never get time to stretch.

listen to some music, take a dump, and go out there having fun. I don't think I do well when I'm too serious

Not right before the game, but I definitely like to have dropped deuceage prior to hooping, between the last time I ate and before I play. Other than that, there's nothing really out of the ordinary for me. I stretch for a long time and warm up my knees, like to make 3 shots from each elbow and 3 free throws if I can then run downcourt doing 6 behind the backs, 6 front crossovers, and 6 between the legs with 1 being right to left back to right. All in all, the dribbling and shooting really only takes a couple minutes.

One thing that may be somewhat strange, is that I stretch before leaving the house to go hoop. What would always happen before I did that is literally the second I walk in, sometimes even when they see me pulling up in the parking lot, kats are like, "Ay yo we got DatZ. Datz you wanna run? You with us, we got next," and I would never get time to stretch.
yea, i do something similar to that. my coach taught me this at the begining of the season. 10 shots with your dominant hand from the right andleft block. then 10 shots with your dominant hand right in front of the basket. it helps your stroke out a lot.

take a dump,listen to music,get a piece of gum,shoot around wit a hoody 4 sum reason....then just sit on the sideline and look at the other team warm up

I take an extremely cold/hot shower..........it wakes me up and makes me aware. Shoot layups first and work inside-out in shooting around, free throws.

It worked for me so far, just got back from a tournament in which I was MVP in
happy.gif

Throw on the iPod and put on the Hype playlist.
pimp.gif

During baseball season you know it's all about dugout handshakes .

2 hours till game time. im about to leave. wish me luck NT. first game of the season, it's a new school for me and im starting point guard. and on top ofall that, im sick. hopefully i play like jordan with the flu.

thanks!!

well im not doing bball this year...no way i wouda made it since my teams #1 in the state. but i used to just do layups, than jumpers, 3 pointers, and sum ballhandelings
BUT always laced my jordans perfectly

so how did you do?
my bad, i'm late on the response. I played really well actually. I was nervous as #@$% going into the game and i seriously could not stop theadrenaline rush during warm-ups.

i slipped on my lucky ankle brace and finished with 9, 8, and 6. nothing spectacular but a decent statline.

and my team won by 21.
happy.gif
happy.gif

man I used to do some weird %@@+ in football ....

always had to make sure everything felt the same, socks couldn't crease at all in my cleats, underarmour had to feel the same way, would put it on and off3-4 times until it was primo ... Put my mueller strips on ... I dunno I would just do everything the same way

I had a lot of quirks. Most of it was more of just keeping a routine.

Basketball - Crappy Microwave dinner. Drop a duece. No sitting down to get into uniform, even for shoes. After teams are called to benches, hit a long j beforei go. Re tie shoes before taking the floor for the tip. Keep arm band on wrist until taking the floor then move to forearm. Give a pound to each of my fellowstarters.

Football - Infest by Pappa Roach. No sitting down to get into uniform. Exactly 2 wraparounds of tape at every point that i needed it. Tape has to end on thefront. Break my bud out of his 'shrine' trance ( he had his own thing where he would lay out all his gear in the shape on a phantom player and thenjust stare at it for a long time.) Headbutt's all around and take the field.

Only thing I do before basketball games is slap the backboard with two hands and pray right before tip off. Also shoes need to be perfectly tied. Also I listento R&B before games to relax because rap gives me too much energy.

put on my left sock first then my right...and the opposite for my shoes.

i'd shake all my teammates hands before the game and right before tip off...i'd shake the refs hand.

right before tip i'd always say(in my head) that i am thankful that i'm able to play on this floor tonight and that i love my fam and friends.

i miss it all so much seeing my friends out there..i regret quitting...

used to just do 360 or between the leg dunks when i was in the 9th grade. After my freshman year, i didnt need any rituals

Back
Top Bottom