What are your thoughts on "camping"?

I'm too grown to be camping for kicks....things are crazy now a days though.

No matter what I always get my pair, so thankful to have such good friends!

Camping out is fun, but only when it's about two or three hours. Other than that, it's really annoying. I've been into sneakers since '01, so this whole camping this is new to me, but I'll stomach it when it's for a pair of sneakers I really want.

Luckily I don't have to where I'm at. I got in line about 3 hours before the store opened for the concords. Most other J's I can go into the store a week later and pick up a pair in a 10.5 Benefits of living in Lincoln NE I guess.

who ever thinks sleeping in the streets for shoes is a great life experience
is part of the problem with the "shoe game"

I think that camping for shoes use to be part of the experience of getting a shoe. I remember meeting many friends while camping for sneakers and in its own way we built a sneaker community. However these days camping is not the same. I think camping for a shoe is now risky as I have seen and know of people who have gotten hurt or mugged. Sad how times have changed.

I used to camp out. The most I ever did was probly 20 hours. I've thought of doing it again but with work and the way the weather is its really tough. It's been about 4 or 5 years since I have. But it just ain't worth it to me when I think about it.

My first ever camp out was this past concord release @ 34st ftl . Didnt think that it was gonna turn into a mad house the way it did I got there at 1:30 tht after noon (i was like 40 in line) by 9-10 there was 1000+ ppl. In line and the madness began . Smh ppl were clawing there way to the door. Nyc is a mad house now for sneakers either u camp or wake up early or pay at least 100+ over retail @ mom n pop shops. My days off r Saturdays so I wake up early and wait 2 hours at most. Only thing is when the employees tell u the store opening at 6, n they don't open til 7-8. I got the big bang brons, air flight Orlandos, red n yellow foams and wc4's . I can afford to spend 2-3 hours on line then to pay these reseller prices. Nt does come thru with some deals like my chi X's for 175 shipped.

Spending days on line for kicks just don't make sense n only feeds da hype. I used to have connects but they move on and @ da time wasn't even tht crazy yet. Now any semi hot sneakers drops n they r gone by Monday after release day. What happened to the recession?

I don't even like waking up early to get shoes anymore
laugh.gif
so camping is definitely out of the question for me. I either get my shoes early for retail or I just get them off NDC.

I don't think i will ever wait more than an hour for a pair of shoes that i really want.
I have grown to accept that i wont get many shoes i want due to camping.
I do not understand how these people do it. I have school to be worried about.
I am sure others have work.

Work and g to school full time camping is not possible for me best I do is wake up and go to the store. Soon as it opens its either hit or miss got chi x easy but the wciv was crazy reminded me of the concords just not worth the hassle for some damn shoes

Ive heard about ppl putting up their lawn chairs and tents and then leaving to go to work or do their daily activities..
so whoever puts up their tent first is the first in line, even if theyre not actually there?
I don't get how this would work..

It a respect thing, like back home in the Chi when you spend two hours shovelling your car out of a spot and you put your chairs out to mark it and nobody else parks there.

I don't camp. If I can't cop online on release day I'll visit the store an hour plus if I really want them.

Longest I ever camped out for was 4 n a half hours for the cloaks n cement 4s. Got both of them but even 4 hours was too long. Idk how ppl could wait for days n sumtimes even weeks smh

i don't mind it. it's funny reading these posts from the dudes who are too good to camp out for a sneaker and have think they are guaranteed to get the shoe online. then you read their posts about not getting the shoe.

I can never see myself waiting days for a pair of shoes. With the Internet and NT almost everything can be bought at retail or traded for so I really don't see the point. Having connections with employees always helps too.

I don't mind camping if the line is orderly with no fighting and +$*+. When I camped for the cement 4s, it was an overall pleasant experience as I met lots of people who shared the same passion and made some new friends. That being said, it's not something I'd want to do every weekend.

Look at these dudes! LOOK AT EM! 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

On some this is for kids. For hypebeasts & resllers... I have a big boy job. Whoopty doo , no1 cares..

SO !$%!$@ WHAT!?

I say, do what you gotta do to get you a pair if what you want.

These dudes who say "Man im not doing that %$$%" are going to be the same cats crying for the resellers.

If you want something then go get it. Dont let these dudes tell you something different.

Time away from the Sneaker dealio has done me well to see how !$%!$@ CORNY dudes get for shoes and how they defend their arguments. Calling people "freaks" if they do... like SON you ON a shoe forum just like everyone else here. Look at your closet and see all them shoe boxes? You think thats not "freakish"!? Give me a break.

PS: Im a full time college student . 

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Look at these dudes! LOOK AT EM! 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

On some this is for kids. For hypebeasts & resllers... I have a big boy job. Whoopty doo , no1 cares..

SO !$%!$@ WHAT!?

I say, do what you gotta do to get you a pair of what you want.

These dudes who say "Man im not doing that %$$% are going to be the same cats crying for the resellers."

If you want something then go get it. Dont let these dudes tell you something different.

Time away from the Sneaker dealio has done me well to see how !$%!$@ CORNY dudes get for shoes and how they defend their arguments. Calling people "freaks" of they do... like SON you ON a shoe forum just like everyone else here. Look at your closet and see all them shoe boxes? You thats not "freakish"!? Give me a break.

PS: Im a full time college student . 

PREACH!!

Back
Top Bottom