What are your thoughts on "camping"?

Never camped and have no intention of doing so. I just take my chances. If I get them cool and if I don't oh well.

camped for 12 hours for concords, wasn't too bad and i'd say it was worth it now that I have my pair and didn't have to pay rape prices

Originally Posted by prince

camped for 12 hours for concords, wasn't too bad and i'd say it was worth it now that I have my pair and didn't have to pay rape prices

Well, I guess as long as you are satisfied, that's all that matters.

if you're out there for more than a day i think its too much. prior to the stores opening up on release day (especially if they're opening up early), id say midnight is the cutoff for when id start camping out. midnight releases are iffy since id practically have to go right after work. fortunate to have not waited that long though. longest i waited was 4 hours for the white cement IIIs and i still didnt get my pair until i bounced over to 2 other malls. even then i thought id only have to wait 2 hours. was told the night before that my local champs was opening at 6. i showed up at 4 and they didnt open til 8 
eyes.gif

i have a full time job, and i cant fathom tapping into my vacation just to camp out for kicks. since its getting tougher to score kicks i try to seek out wristbanding opportunities so i dont have to worry about securing a pair come RD. in the cases where a wristband doesnt even secure my size and my spots tell customers what time theyll start wristbanding, then yeah ill camp out for a few hours for a wristband, just as long as its not affecting me from showing up to my job on time. 

NDC hasnt been good to me lately, so "camping" for kicks or a wristband is my best bet since my connect moved on from working retail. if you have the time/PTO for camping out and the shoe means that much to you, go for it. sans the lack of sleep, the experience is kind of fun since you can chop it up with other folks who want the shoe. you may actually come across some cool people who will resell, but you still hate em anyway because they ruin it for people who will actually wear their shoes. waiting a few hours is fine especially since im not up for paying anything well over retail.

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

Never have, never will.

That right there.I actually feel bad that y'all have to go through so many hurdles just to get a pair of shoes.

It shows dedication and it's sad when they do raffles and there are riots because it takes away that passion. People are willing to camp out for days to get the shoes so why leave it up to luck? sell it to those who are willing to work for it.

Originally Posted by anthonys310

It shows dedication and it's sad when they do raffles and there are riots because it takes away that passion. People are willing to camp out for days to get the shoes so why leave it up to luck? sell it to those who are willing to work for it.

Dedication to what? It's dedication in one of it's worst forms.

NT Seattle has been using Twitter to get the word out when you can come register for a pair to cut out the camping.........I heard Vegas does the same......imagine if all stores started doing that??

Originally Posted by mvh3030

I wish I had a connect so I never had to camp. I was thinking of taking a part-time at finishline just to have em on lock!

Ahhhh don't we all want that unauthorized by nike connect

I have never and will never... Longest wait I I've did was 40 mins for the Lebron south beaches & that killed me but was def worth it.

Most I've camped was for the CDP XI/XII pack. Waited a couple hours in line. Most I've camped and will ever camp.

Also note i do not camp in the woods either... definitely not in front of a sneaker store

I think camping is necessary, depending on where you live. If you live in a state where js are under the radar of or frowned upon. you could role out of your bed at 3pm and the local footlocker still has a full shipment then your good. If you live in a over populated state where transportation is easy accesiable to your personal gain then your not Goood Fam. I camp, but not for an entire day, because im not that dedicate to a shoe and i like to be clean, if i miss the relase date then im stuck paying resller prices on ebay.

i would take camping for js any day of camping in the woods. but for anthing over 124 hours wouldnt waste my time.

I'm so glad that I live in an area where camping isn't usually required, (suburban Cleveland) because there's no way I'd be able to sit out in front of a Footlocker for hours just to grab a pair of GR Jordans.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

I think camping is necessary, depending on where you live. If you live in a state where js are under the radar of or frowned upon. you could role out of your bed at 3pm and the local footlocker still has a full shipment then your good. If you live in a over populated state where transportation is easy accesiable to your personal gain then your not Goood Fam. I camp, but not for an entire day, because im not that dedicate to a shoe and i like to be clean, if i miss the relase date then im stuck paying resller prices on ebay.

like a lead role or a secondary one?

When it comes to "camping" I say do what you gotta do man.
Whether you're a reseller or a fan of the sneaker, you gotta get it some how.

Back
Top Bottom