What Artist, Album, or Song put you onto Hip Hop?

For me it was Tupac, specifically the song Keep Your Head Up.
one of the first hip-hop songs, along with warren g "regulators", that i can remember actually liking and paying attention too..made mea pac fan in the mid-90's but im rather young(18) so what really got me into hip hop deeper than just listening to it on the radio was"Blueprint"
pimp.gif
back in 7th grade..probably the first album i everlistened to all the way through w/o skipping a track. before that i would just listen to albums for the song i would like i.e. the single off of the album.blueprint just takes me back to fall '01 and makes it feel like it was yesterday...

Originally Posted by TW3EK

NT needs a "babies on board" sticker...

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with age. Everyone gets into it at a different age, some later than others.

I started out YOUNG . . . My first few tapes were

X Clan - To East Blackwards
D.O.C - No Does It Better
Young MC - Stone Cold Rhymin
Hammer - Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em

But I was a HUGE Bobby Brown fan when I was around 4 or 5, he was my hero, so my mom bought me the Don't Be Cruel cassette, and I basically stopped goinoutside, because I always wanted to listen to it . . . "Girl Next Door", "Tenderoni", "Every Little Step", "Don't BeCruel", "My Perogative" . . . I loved those songs, and Bobby Brown used to be my fav rapper
laugh.gif
then I realized he wasn't the typicalrapper, but I used to get him and Big Daddy Kane confused because of their haircuts I think . . .

Naughty By Nature later became my fav from 91 till around when Cuban Linx, and Infamous dropped . . . I was in 4th grade then.

puffy and his shiny suits got me interested, jigga and hard knock life made me listen.

those songs were spinning every damn minute. it was like radio stations only had 5 songs to choose from.

MC Hammer and Kriss Kross when I was a shorty, I used to be dancing to 'Jump' and Here Come the Hammer, or Hammer Time, whatever that joint wascalled.....

I've always loved hip-hop but I wasn't so obsessed with it as now. For sometime I grew tired of the crap they would put on the radio and I stoppedlistening to music.

Then I heard "Through The Wire". I've been heavy on hip-hop ever since.

damn...that Hammer and Kriss Kross stuff was poppin for us back then...I forgot all about that trying to wear my pants backwards and moms looking at me shakingher head

Back
Top Bottom