What boots you all rocking vol. Fall 2023/Winter 2024

IMG_3509.jpeg

40s i picked up in june

I have 2 boots with the vibram rubber outsole. What makes those different then any other outsole. Just curious

I didn’t know that. :lol: I just thought it was the good outsole.

I get wedge sole too sometimes but they always chunk out and fall apart in my work boots. I have another pair of those danners with wedge soles I’ll re sole with vibram when they are toast.

What about work boots? Couldn't find a thread for this. I'm in construction. Wolverines aren't as great as they once were, imo. Any suggestions for steel toe comfort?

Thoroughgoods? Look at redwings as well

I don't need steel or safety toes, but Thorogood heritage round toes are my jam for being on my feet all day on concrete.

Check you local Red Wing shop though. Right now most stores have a pretty crazy sale going on for discontinued models and old stock. For the work models, I think it's $100 each or $150 for 2. Seems to be pretty different store to store, but crazy discounts. I went ham at three different stores over the weekend (just started Saturday, and email hasn't gone out, so it's just those that happen to walk in or see the info spread online)

i go out into the field every now and then, stick with my carhartts cause the fr rated

but i do see a lot of Keens out there

I don't need steel or safety toes, but Thorogood heritage round toes are my jam for being on my feet all day on concrete.

Check you local Red Wing shop though. Right now most stores have a pretty crazy sale going on for discontinued models and old stock. For the work models, I think it's $100 each or $150 for 2. Seems to be pretty different store to store, but crazy discounts. I went ham at three different stores over the weekend (just started Saturday, and email hasn't gone out, so it's just those that happen to walk in or see the info spread online)

Here’s an example of the current Red Wing sale deals in store, for those interested. Regular retail price would have been $590. I paid $187.50 + tax for two pairs of new boots. Crazy deal. I went to another store and got two more.

On this receipt I decided that the fit wasn’t right for one of the pairs and listed them on eBay. Sold them for $225 in less than 24 hours, so I basically got the other pair on this receipt for free.

IMG_4478.jpeg

What about work boots? Couldn't find a thread for this. I'm in construction. Wolverines aren't as great as they once were, imo. Any suggestions for steel toe comfort?

Danner quarry, I got two years on these. No stitches are coming out and still on og soles.

If you don’t need water proof save your money and get thorogoods.

I’m a laborer on a dirt crew best boots I’ve had.

For comfort wedge sole all the way, they won’t hold up like the vibram lugged soles but if you’re on your feel all day get wedge soles.

IMG_1631.jpeg
IMG_1630.jpeg

I cycle through Keens, Danners, and Thorogoods. Currently wearing Thorogoods. Comfortable and able to wear them for 13hrs without any foot fatigue.

IMG_5041.jpeg
IMG_5039.jpeg

Keen - Wellington (slip on) true to size. Super comfortable almost like a slipper. Good for wider feet.

Danner - 8” Quarry both insulated and Gore Tex models. Durable and comfortable boot. Insulated pair true to size but Goretex had to go down 1 full size from my normal shoe size.

Thorogood - 6” wedge toe (the ones pictured above) comfortable and durable. Went 1/2 size down and Wide width from my normal shoe size.

Brunt. I hate boots in general but have to wear them for work and I got the composite toe Marin… mad comfortable. I’d assume the steel toe option would be the same.

IMG_1634.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg
I just got these quarry nubuck joints too but i don’t wear them when i have to stand a lot. I won’t get the vibram soles again. I might take them in to get a wedge put on.

Back
Top Bottom