What do you do for a living? Vol. my first thread..

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

national broadcast buyer

Where do you work? I'm a media planner/buyer...
you first. ok on 3. 1, 2,....

hahahaha sucks to be you guys (if yall are on the wrong account)

my wife is a strategy AMD on an entertainment account.  During planning season she often works 12-15 hour days, doesn't get home til midnight. back in the office at 8-9a.  lather rinse repeat.  not to mention yall's industry pays squat.

as a planner/buyer i imagine you guys havent been in media for that long?  any plans to jump to the sales side?  i wish my wife would, so she could bring home more $$$ but she said never in a milllion years... she hates sales.

i was in car sales for a few years before i got into finance. how does sales work in the media industry??

national broadcast buyer

my wife is a strategy AMD on an entertainment account.  During planning season she often works 12-15 hour days, doesn't get home til midnight. back in the office at 8-9a.  lather rinse repeat.  not to mention yall's industry pays squat.

as a planner/buyer i imagine you guys havent been in media for that long?  any plans to jump to the sales side?  i wish my wife would, so she could bring home more $$$ but she said never in a milllion years... she hates sales.

i was in car sales for a few years before i got into finance. how does sales work in the media industry??

national broadcast buyer

4 yrs in Oct. I interviewed once for sales, but they ended up hiring internally. I wouldn't mind the switch if it's with the right network. My wife hates when I "network". She thinks everyone is a drunkard and %**@$. The accounts I have aren't bad, but now I am taking on 2 more. I have like $12-$15 million to place in scatter in 4Q right now. Should be fun times. Oh, and i'm still at the office
tired.gif

national broadcast buyer

4 yrs in Oct. I interviewed once for sales, but they ended up hiring internally. I wouldn't mind the switch if it's with the right network. My wife hates when I "network". She thinks everyone is a drunkard and %**@$. The accounts I have aren't bad, but now I am taking on 2 more. I have like $12-$15 million to place in scatter in 4Q right now. Should be fun times. Oh, and i'm still at the office
tired.gif

Hopefully an Orthopedic Surgeon or Diagnostic Radiologist (maybe a little bit of interventional in there)....depends on how ambitious I feel in a year or 2.

Hopefully an Orthopedic Surgeon or Diagnostic Radiologist (maybe a little bit of interventional in there)....depends on how ambitious I feel in a year or 2.

Originally Posted by dboulders

You work for a TV network and sell ad space locally or nationally. You start off as an assistant managing accounts and making sure the inventory is run correctly, traffic is in house, deals are delivering. If you are at an established network (ABC, CBS...) it's not that hard to sell. But if you work for a network thats only in like 20 million homes and isn't measured, it's pretty hard.

Originally Posted by dboulders

You work for a TV network and sell ad space locally or nationally. You start off as an assistant managing accounts and making sure the inventory is run correctly, traffic is in house, deals are delivering. If you are at an established network (ABC, CBS...) it's not that hard to sell. But if you work for a network thats only in like 20 million homes and isn't measured, it's pretty hard.

national broadcast buyer

tired.gif

from my experience... lot of guys in advertising are drunkards and a-holes.  which is why i fit in nicely whenever the wife brings me out to media events.  i reap the benefits, with none of the sacrifices
happy.gif
.  I'm sure you get a ton of freebies and hookups from sales reps already so you know exactly what I'm taking about.  hahahaha man, i tell my wife to never turn anything down, even if she thinks that i wont want to attend.  It definitely gets better the higher up the food chain you go.  Its to the point where even me (client's husband) is on really good terms with certain reps, so they make an effort to throw an extra invite for me.  I'm rushin to finish up here at the office right now cause one of her reps (who I absolutely adore) is taking my wife's team (+me) out for dinner and a booze cruise.

national broadcast buyer

tired.gif

from my experience... lot of guys in advertising are drunkards and a-holes.  which is why i fit in nicely whenever the wife brings me out to media events.  i reap the benefits, with none of the sacrifices
happy.gif
.  I'm sure you get a ton of freebies and hookups from sales reps already so you know exactly what I'm taking about.  hahahaha man, i tell my wife to never turn anything down, even if she thinks that i wont want to attend.  It definitely gets better the higher up the food chain you go.  Its to the point where even me (client's husband) is on really good terms with certain reps, so they make an effort to throw an extra invite for me.  I'm rushin to finish up here at the office right now cause one of her reps (who I absolutely adore) is taking my wife's team (+me) out for dinner and a booze cruise.

Back
Top Bottom