What do you do for a living?

I'm curious to know how you started or what your story is. You don't have to spill the details but I'm a bio major wanting to switch to it with no CS degree. A+ certs the way to go over here in silicone valley?

Silicone Valley is for software developers, A+ cert won't help you at all. Ideally you would want atleast a BS in computer science, unless you are very proficient at programming and know programming theory already . A+ cert helps with landing entry level IT positions such as help desk.

Just got done with an interview about a Service Manager position within the bank but a different location. 

Let's hope it went good enough to get another interview at that branch. 

Regardless of work....I lowkey envy all you guys who have the freedom to smoke weed and grow

out beards and even long hair if you wanted and keep your job.

Private Equity/Venture Capital

Worked in Investment Banking for a few years, before getting recruited to work at a PE firm. Left PE firm with co-workers and started our own shop a few years ago.

Born outside of America and raised in NYC

29 years old

Recently married

Last edited:
Regardless of work....I lowkey envy all you guys who have the freedom to smoke weed and grow
out beards and even long hair if you wanted and keep your job.

Started out in a help desk position growing my dreads and still am. I like that freedom from a job

I knew I recognized this thread, :lol:

I still play poker but not full time anymore, 80/20 split between that and blackjack now.

Last edited by a moderator:
M-f drive a semi truck I'm off by 5 and home every night except one overnight a month.

Sunday cook for a few hours just for fun.

Take home 1k a week.

Budget analyst at a non profit. Great job and great boss but pay is laughable, considering I handle over 20 mill in funds. Non profit is truly that. People stay leaving for more money.

Director of logistics and distribution for a clothing company.

33, 150-200k

Left Wal-Mart as regional logistics manager a few months ago. Make less now, but it's so nice not dealing with the daily chaos and putting in quite a few less hours.

Back
Top Bottom