What do you do for a living?

Anyone getting close to having enough to retire?

I’d like to be done by 45 latest. And just do some consulting here and there after. I think I need to do a lot more technical learning in my field to be available to do that though probably. Will try to do that in 2022.

Retired a couple years ago, it's quite boring.

I really just ride my motorcycle and build LEGO, :lol:

With those who would like to answer and I guess more serious/respectable jobs:. Do y'all find the work y'all do challenging/engaging or is it like any other job just with the necessary requirements/credentials needed tied to it?

I'd imagine getting the degree/certification being the hard part then everyone else would be similar to a HS equivalent of a entry level job.

Just curious...guess I'm trying to pick the brains of some. Need it for myself more than anything.
Love my job, but the stress and long hours can be very overwhelming at times. I miss my college years dearly. College was challenging for me, but having major responsibilities that directly affect schedule, cash flow, funding, and relationships with lenders, partners, and consultants, far out ways the challenges I went through during college.

I can’t imagine any profession being more challenging in school, than it is in practice in the work force. Maybe Dr’s in their residency’s?

Last edited:
Tell us more! What did you do and how were you able to retire early?

I played poker professionally from the time I was 21 until I was 27.

I lived like a broke boy for those 6-7 years and put close to 60% of my income into the stock market.

Now on paper I have zero income and if/when I need $ I just borrow against my stock portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical engineer here. Not a passion of mine by any means though and hoping to switch careers to the fitness industry eventually. At this point I’m just trying to stack as much money as I can and invest and then move onto something I actually enjoy.

With those who would like to answer and I guess more serious/respectable jobs:. Do y'all find the work y'all do challenging/engaging or is it like any other job just with the necessary requirements/credentials needed tied to it?

I'd imagine getting the degree/certification being the hard part then everyone else would be similar to a HS equivalent of a entry level job.

Just curious...guess I'm trying to pick the brains of some. Need it for myself more than anything.

I work in liquor and wine distribution. I had ZERO knowledge going in. I'm just good with people, I guess. I am an introvert, but I can just turn it on for my job. My territory is one of the wealthiest markets in the country (example: have ended up sitting next to Bill Gates at the bar multiple times). It's intense. My competition is fierce.

My company eventually provided education and certifications, so I now have all of these qualifications to go out and do anything, and I'm more confident in myself. That being said, I also work with people who barely graduated high school, only have GEDs, etc. I have a college degree, but these are my peers, I don't judge, and I love them to death. We all have the same certifications now. A couple people told me these were the first tests they'd gotten a "B" grade since middle school. Grades and degrees don't mean crap when you're invested in your work. I was was really proud of them, but also myself, knowing we were all together. We had epic study sessions, too (translation: we got drunk together).

I love my industry. So many good people. Even the people I compete with are awesome. We grab drinks all the time and hang out.

I work in liquor and wine distribution. I had ZERO knowledge going in. I'm just good with people, I guess. I am an introvert, but I can just turn it on for my job. My territory is one of the wealthiest markets in the country (example: have ended up sitting next to Bill Gates at the bar multiple times). It's intense. My competition is fierce.

My company eventually provided education and certifications, so I now have all of these qualifications to go out and do anything, and I'm more confident in myself. That being said, I also work with people who barely graduated high school, only have GEDs, etc. I have a college degree, but these are my peers, I don't judge, and I love them to death. We all have the same certifications now. A couple people told me these were the first tests they'd gotten a "B" grade since middle school. Grades and degrees don't mean crap when you're invested in your work. I was was really proud of them, but also myself, knowing we were all together. We had epic study sessions, too (translation: we got drunk together).

I love my industry. So many good people. Even the people I compete with are awesome. We grab drinks all the time and hang out.
Everybody I know in that industry is pretty cool. Sounds like a fun job, but can definitely be stressful.

I enjoy it. It's just customer service but feel like I'm one of the best anywhere I've been.

Just want my just due.

Just saw my earlier post in this thread, what a long way we’ve come! Nearly tripled my salary in 5 years.

I implement content on webpages. Basically my past 10 years was anything content related (marketing, media, asset management).

I used to work on websites as a side hustle back in high school, but never thought of it as a career move. Fast forward 15 years, I’m doing it at a professional level from my home office aka living room (worked inside an office for 7+ years tho).

It’s challenging yet very rewarding in that it requires a lot of problem solving and technical knowledge. I have a first world problem though, I have a masters degree that I’m still not fully utilizing

Nah, Dan Bilzerian lives off daddy's money. He was okay at poker, but not so great that he could live the lifestyle he portrayed off of it.

Pretty much.

I've bumped into him a few times in Vegas, he has 0 interest in playing w/ pro players, he just plays w/ wealthy businessman types.

His brother is actually a pretty cool guy.

I was talking to him once and he basically told me that Dan attention whores online because their father never gave him any attention as a child, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom