What do you guys think about 2012?

I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on 2012 and the end of the world. I've been reading/listening to a lot of Terence McKenna stuff recently so it's had me thinking about it a lot. After my first acid trip earlier this year I went through a one week phase where I seriously believed the world was going to come to an end but my views have changed since then. My friend has been talking about it with me recently and he believes it will happen..but it doesn't think it make sense at all, how the $%!! can the Mayans predict that the Earth would come to an end on such an exact date? Why couldn't anyone predict important events like the Holocaust, 9/11, events that CHANGED the world? I'm agnostic and to me that's kind of looking it as everything follows a predetermined path and you might as well be religious and believe in God then..

I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on 2012 and the end of the world. I've been reading/listening to a lot of Terence McKenna stuff recently so it's had me thinking about it a lot. After my first acid trip earlier this year I went through a one week phase where I seriously believed the world was going to come to an end but my views have changed since then. My friend has been talking about it with me recently and he believes it will happen..but it doesn't think it make sense at all, how the $%!! can the Mayans predict that the Earth would come to an end on such an exact date? Why couldn't anyone predict important events like the Holocaust, 9/11, events that CHANGED the world? I'm agnostic and to me that's kind of looking it as everything follows a predetermined path and you might as well be religious and believe in God then..

Smh this gets brought up every week. They Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, its just the end of their calendar. People just blow it out of proportion.

Humans have always been obsessed about the end of the world. When 2012 comes and goes be prepared to hear about the next "End of the World" story that will captivate the public.

Smh this gets brought up every week. They Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, its just the end of their calendar. People just blow it out of proportion.

Humans have always been obsessed about the end of the world. When 2012 comes and goes be prepared to hear about the next "End of the World" story that will captivate the public.

Time will tell
nerd.gif

Good question, ill be ready through heavily strapped with an abundant stock of canned foods in a basement hideout while gettin
pimp.gif
lol

Time will tell
nerd.gif

Good question, ill be ready through heavily strapped with an abundant stock of canned foods in a basement hideout while gettin
pimp.gif
lol

I think of it just like when it is year 1999 going to 2000.. movies like, judgment day, Armageddon are being played in theaters and people are saying that the y2k bug and some scenarios will help end the world.. so I don't believe on it..

I think of it just like when it is year 1999 going to 2000.. movies like, judgment day, Armageddon are being played in theaters and people are saying that the y2k bug and some scenarios will help end the world.. so I don't believe on it..

December 21 2012. Winter solstice. END OF A CALENDAR! Not the world... btw it lands on my birthday
laugh.gif
RIP to me

December 21 2012. Winter solstice. END OF A CALENDAR! Not the world... btw it lands on my birthday
laugh.gif
RIP to me

Originally Posted by pacers31

After my first acid trip earlier this year I went through a one week phase where I seriously believed the world was going to come to an end but my views have changed since then.

i never done this or any drugs for that matter but anybody who i have known who has done acid has told me they not (&+#$# with that stuff ever again.

After my first acid trip earlier this year I went through a one week phase where I seriously believed the world was going to come to an end but my views have changed since then.

i never done this or any drugs for that matter but anybody who i have known who has done acid has told me they not (&+#$# with that stuff ever again.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

dropped acid once as a freshman in college.  felt like the next two weeks of my life were deja vu.  never again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

dropped acid once as a freshman in college.  felt like the next two weeks of my life were deja vu.  never again
laugh.gif

why are you stressing over something that people say "might" happen?
just continue living your life.

if it is true then you have 2 years left to live.

why are you stressing over something that people say "might" happen?
just continue living your life.

if it is true then you have 2 years left to live.

Back
Top Bottom