What do you love most about pick-up basketball?

-I love when I'm there feeling
pimp.gif
, Like I can do no wrong

-Pulling up with a man on me and just dropping a 3 like T-Mac

-Making the game winner, especially during a tie game

-Driving on a bigger dude and not getting swatted

-Swatting someones stuff that doesnt even see it coming

yours?

- at the beginning of the game when dudes are matching up and you can see everyone trying their damnedest to not be left holding you, or conversely everyonehas an ambitious confidence and wants to be the one to guard you, it's respect either way

- people who don't know me talking %+$+

-shooting lights out from 3
pimp.gif

-pulling up from outside leaving the defender clueless

-preventing the fastbreak with a block when im alone

-shooting a leaner from mid range

too bad all of it happens once a year
laugh.gif

Frustrating someone because of your defense. Locking someone up I think is more rewarding to me than getting major buckets. But I love making JWill esquepasses on fast breaks.
laugh.gif

making the pass that leads to an easy bucket
pimp.gif

closing out on a jumpshot and barely getting a finger on the ball

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoy playing organized league basketball more. Pickup ball can be too unorganized and messy at times. A lot of garbagebuckets. Every time I play, my teammates are just standing around watching me with the ball. Floor spacing is horrible, nobody is setting picks or making cuts.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoy playing organized league basketball more. Pickup ball can be too unorganized and messy at times. A lot of garbage buckets. Every time I play, my teammates are just standing around watching me with the ball. Floor spacing is horrible, nobody is setting picks or making cuts.

Agreed. Especially out here in LA.....

The opponent underestimating to start the game, then handling my business and lighting up whoever is guarding me.

Also, I'll take responsibility to play defense on whoever the other team's 'go to' guy is.

I'm competitive as hell, but it's all respect after the game.

The games where everyone on the court has a win or die mentality, makes you forget everything else in the world.

Having a game where ppl congratulate you on your game building a rep where you play at.

Having those tough hard nosed games and one of the guys on the other team goes out of his way to try and shut you down.....competition.

The assists, man helping your teammates get buckets is like doing a good deed lol.

Being on the court knowing this is your only vacation.....

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Frustrating someone because of your defense. Locking someone up I think is more rewarding to me than getting major buckets. But I love making JWill esque passes on fast breaks.
laugh.gif

And not getting credit for locking your man up. Everybody oohs and ahhs when a good off move is done,but when you are on your man like a tablecloth on a table,nobody openly acknowledges it.And everybody in the gym sees it.
mad.gif

I LOVE when this type of topic comes up. Everyones make it seem as though theyre an elite player.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by royster

The games where everyone on the court has a win or die mentality, makes you forget everything else in the world.

Having a game where ppl congratulate you on your game building a rep where you play at.

Having those tough hard nosed games and one of the guys on the other team goes out of his way to try and shut you down.....competition.

The assists, man helping your teammates get buckets is like doing a good deed lol.

Being on the court knowing this is your only vacation.....
Somebody get Nike Advertising on the line

draining a contested 3 in someone's face. just releasing it and watching it splash, there's nothing better. 3's in general are my favorite part.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

The opponent underestimating to start the game, then handling my business and lighting up whoever is guarding me.

Also, I'll take responsibility to play defense on whoever the other team's 'go to' guy is.

I'm competitive as hell, but it's all respect after the game.
agree 100%..

Back
Top Bottom