What Does House Sitting Mean to You?

naturalylight

Banned
I really don't know what it means or what is expected.  They asked me to watch the dog and house sit for a week.  To me I just planned on taking their dog out 2-3 times a day, like before I go to work, mid day and once or twice after. Am I doing enough? I really do not care about anything else in their house but my buddy was like 'yea feel free to just stay at our spot a few days if you want.' Should I do that or just make sure the dog is alive? I don't really want to be posted at their spot at all but at the same time I fell like if anything bad happens and I am not there I will get the blame...

You were paid to do a job. To make sure the house(and everything in it..hint) is alright.

I can't tell you what to do but me, If do a sweep of the house, make sure nothing has been moved and no windows or doors are tampered with and feed the dog.

In reality they just want you to take care of the dog , but since they said its cool to stay over might aswell. Just crash on the couch and pick up after yourself. Just to be on the safe side about both the dog and house. Not just everyday, if u don't feel comfortable just check up on the dog as said but be careful if someone is trying to break in they'll notice the pattern and rob em while you're at work.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It means throw a party at their house and invite many characters of ill repute.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

You were paid to do a job. To make sure the house(and everything in it..hint) is alright.

I was not paid though 
laugh.gif
 It was more so a 'hey can you do us a solid.' 

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

I was not paid though 
laugh.gif
Not paid?... then just make sure the doors are locked and the dog stays alive... 

Might be a dumb question, but why don't you ask them what they mean exactly? The bare minimum would be to walk the dog and play with him for a bit (if he's the type who gets restless and will tear things up unless he gets attention). If they're worried about being robbed, then they probably want you to stay the night.

I was not paid though 
laugh.gif

My fault, I guess I just !%#-umed you were. I'd still make sure the house was straight though. Nothing OD.

When I house sit (and I do it a lot, and for months at a time), it means feed a cat, let her in and out, bring in mail and the newspaper. It's a super nice house with a yard service and everything, so I don't even need to worry about that. I have one friend who will come over and crash sometimes, and I'll have other friends over to watch movies or games, but that's it.

Originally Posted by Sk8edDunks

I was not paid though 
laugh.gif
Not paid?... then just make sure the doors are locked and the dog stays alive... 
tired.gif
 this is more along the lines of what I had in mind.  I'll keep the dog cool but I feel odd about staying in their spot for  no other reason outside of the damn dog...does that make sense? 

keep that dog alive... maybe keep some plants alive.. try to make the place look like its not vacant so it doesnt get robbed.

I knew a dude who never paid rent or got a place of his own because he just house/apt sitted for years.. he always had a place lined up after one ended... built up a resume references.. dude was living the dream...

My buddy's ex boss use to let him house sit. We used to have BBQ's with a few friends and some @@@%@ all the time.
laugh.gif

If you go this route make sure the neighbors won't snitch, and the people you invite are trustworthy.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tecca nena

keep that dog alive... maybe keep some plants alive.. try to make the place look like its not vacant so it doesnt get robbed.

I knew a dude who never paid rent or got a place of his own because he just house/apt sitted for years.. he always had a place lined up after one ended... built up a resume references.. dude was living the dream...

I need to start doing that sounds like a permanent vacation.

House sat for one of my boys moms house for a week back when I was 20. Ended up throwing a few little "get togethers" and one bigger party. I was irresponsible and felt bad for awhile. Now? It was a pretty badass party.
pimp.gif

Depends how old you are and if you have your own place. Don't see why you'd stay at someone else's house if you got one of your own...

For some reason everytime I house sitted and there was an aquarium at least half the fish would die...

Back
Top Bottom