What ever happened to Nappy Roots?

Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone, but I always liked these guys. They had a different sound especially for the South. It just seems like they vanished off the face of theearth.

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

your alone

laugh.gif
....But naw man you not alone, I liked them alot and their second album was nice too.

Well they definitely didnt vanish off the face of the earth. Before Watermelon, Chicken, and Gritz, they put out two underground albums called Country FriedCess and No Brush, No Comb, No Fade, No Perm that are worth checking out. They put out a great second album called Wooden Leather in 2003, and just released analbum in 2008 called The Humdinger, which has some amazing songs on it. Check out "No Static," "On My Way Back to GA," and "SmallTown." Plus they are working on an album called 40 Akerz which should be out within a year. And they are on a tour, I actually saw them a couple of weeksago in atlanta.

you know how you'll know someone who's always been broke, but now when you talk to them it's like "ah man the economy. this recession got mehurtin."

that's nappy roots.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

your alone

laugh.gif
....But naw man you not alone, I liked them alot and their second album was nice too.

nappy roots are underrated.. their albums are pretty solid

Back
Top Bottom