What if America's best atheletes played soccer?

looks like we about to find out.

"Due to the NFL lockout, I’m excited to be able to follow my childhood dream of playing for a Major League Soccer team,

I swear to Goodness I never heard of Chad Johnson loving soccer until he changed his last name. I'm not doubting that he played as a youth, but he's an attention *!*+%....he's doing whatever he can to keep himself relevant.

Didn't this dude call out Michael Phelps?
grin.gif
 C'mon son!

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I swear to Goodness I never heard of Chad Johnson loving soccer until he changed his last name. I'm not doubting that he played as a youth, but he's an attention *!*+%....he's doing whatever he can to keep himself relevant.
there are rumors that he was good enough to make it a career, but ultimately chose the money that came with American football.

We've discussed the whole "what if Americas best athletes played soccer" question  on here before but now we [color= rgb(102, 0, 204)]may[/color] just get to see it.

Interested to see if Chad actually gets time on the pitch in game or something not just him training with the team to keep his fitness in the case of a lockout.

Originally Posted by Demps

there are rumors that he was good enough to make it a career, but ultimately chose the money that came with American football.
laugh.gif

Agreed.

This thread again?

1) it will never happen
2) wouldnt make me like the sport more than baseball, basketball, football, hockey, golf, tennis, boxing, mma, wrestling, etc.

It would probably be insanely lopsided. Lebron, Dwayne, Chris Paul, DRose, and all the football players out there on the field would be pretty damn dominant.

easy, we would blow out every international soccer team put together.

soccer players can no way match the athleticism of pro NBA and NFL players.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

laugh.gif
 stop it 5

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif
x2 on several levels.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

laugh.gif
x2 on several levels.
i mean he is quicker, faster, stronger, and has better hip movement than any soccer player. if hes been playing since he was a child, why couldnt he be a pro?

Don't think for  a second this isn't also a PR move on the behalf of Sporting Kansas City/MLS too.

It's a win win for both parties. Worse case scenario Chad doesn't make the team and both he and SKC make headlines outside their regular audiences for a week or two.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

laugh.gif
x2 on several levels.
CJ: Since I was little I loved it. Of course, as I was growing up in Florida, in Miami, you play as many sports as possible to develop the skills as a little kid. As you get older, you see, well really your parents see what you play or adjusted to the best. It was soccer and football that I stuck with as I went through junior high. Once I got to high school, it came to a point where I had to choose one which best fit me to make it to the next level. I went with football, but soccer was always my first love.

CJ: Yeah it was, but I mean it was common sense, it wasn't as big as it needed to be for me to get where I wanted to get. I probably would have had to move across the States or outside the country and I didn't have the means to at the time.

I can see where this thread's about to go...

What position would Chad play? Striker?

30t6p3b.gif
 Most people here who have played soccer, football,and basketball know that statement is just ignorant.

This man would still dominate everyone.

Lionel+Messi+Lukman+Haruna+Argentina+v+Nigeria+xCDK9MP3scyl.jpg
Messi-10.jpg

Even my boy Kobe (the greatest bball player) knows that.

tumblr_l9xe0lNOLD1qe49a8o1_400.jpg

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

30t6p3b.gif
 Most people here who have played soccer, football,and basketball know that statement is just ignorant.

This man would still dominate everyone.

Even my boy Kobe (the greatest bball player) knows that.
Obviously this is all hypothetical, but if soccer was the U.S. number one sport, and our athletes played from the time they were young and actually stuck with it, I have no problem saying that the U.S. could produce a soccer talent on the same level as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, etc...

Mr Kuter:
It would probably be insanely lopsided. Lebron, Dwayne, Chris Paul, DRose, and all the football players out there on the field would be pretty damn dominant.
Not sure... if serious.
ryanbbn23:

No way serious.

Back
Top Bottom