What is a reasonable curfew for a 19 year old girl?

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Originally Posted by Truballa101

OP,
the word "reasonable" is opinionated my brother. Her parents pay tuiton, give her shelter and 12 am sounds reasonable IMO

think about it, if someone NEEDS to be out on a nightly basis at 2-3 AM then in most cases they're probably up to no good...not saying that you are, but thats how parents think.

I'm sure if your cool and talk to the parents about keeping her out a little later then they shouldn't mind...but hey, all families are different.
she pays her own tuiton monthly from the money she makes from work but she does still live under her parents roof and its funny you said that she probably up to know good because all she has been doing with her boyfriend is watch him skate, chill over his place and have sex with him alot. Thats what she tells me.
Hold up...

So his 19 year old daughter is getting +%%%@@ regularly by her 21 year old amateur skater boyfriend.

As a parent you have a couple options I'd imagine. 1. Get her on the pill. 2. Be 100% sure that she uses a condom (which is impossible, because !$!! feels to good to not try it once, and once you try it once ... ) 3. Keep her in the house every night.

I'd roll with 3

Originally Posted by BigShake

I have friend that having this curfew problem with her parents and has brought the issue to me with hopeful advice. Her parents told her 12pm is her curfew but she feels that it should be 2-3pm.
Damn can she get outta school first?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

She's in college. I'd say however long she wants to stay out as long as she is responsible.
Yea but if she lives at home you should be abiding by parent's rules. If she wants to be out late, get her own place.
Sorry, I didn't read the part about her still living with her parents.
I agree, their house, their rules, but if she's living on her own, she can do whatever she wants.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

She's in college. I'd say however long she wants to stay out as long as she is responsible.
Yea but if she lives at home you should be abiding by parent's rules. If she wants to be out late, get her own place.

On point.

My girl used to have this same problem with her parents back in the day, and seriously there is no point in arguing.
If she is really trying to get it changed she is going to have to show her parents maturity, and talk to them about it in a reasonable manner.

Havent had a curfew since age 12.. guess cuz im a boy... but honestly curfews seem really pointless if they are past 11pm anyway

Long as I was in before pops woke up in the am I was good.

that didn't last long tho lol. then I was just coming in whenever.

It was a wrap for having a curfew once I hit college. How does a parent expect to give out limitations AFTER their child experiences unlimited freedom as a college student?
eyes.gif

That's basically moving backwards. You're supposed to learn responsibilty within those years.

Damn 12? Damn i forgot that the age limit in usa for bar is 21. Then thats about right. You know i'm almost 19 and yeah in here the age limit is 18 so i can go to bars and **%$. I really dont have now curfew cuz my parents know i'm responsible.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by Truballa101

OP,
the word "reasonable" is opinionated my brother. Her parents pay tuiton, give her shelter and 12 am sounds reasonable IMO

think about it, if someone NEEDS to be out on a nightly basis at 2-3 AM then in most cases they're probably up to no good...not saying that you are, but thats how parents think.

I'm sure if your cool and talk to the parents about keeping her out a little later then they shouldn't mind...but hey, all families are different.
she pays her own tuiton monthly from the money she makes from work but she does still live under her parents roof and its funny you said that she probably up to know good because all she has been doing with her boyfriend is watch him skate, chill over his place and have sex with him alot. Thats what she tells me.
Hold up...

So his 19 year old daughter is getting +%%%@@ regularly by her 21 year old amateur skater boyfriend.

As a parent you have a couple options I'd imagine. 1. Get her on the pill. 2. Be 100% sure that she uses a condom (which is impossible, because !$!! feels to good to not try it once, and once you try it once ... ) 3. Keep her in the house every night.

I'd roll with 3
she is on the pill yaz if you seen the commercials, and I got pissed at her when I asked if he wheres a condom and she said no. Every cotdamn to they have sex he's not wearing a condom I tell her all the time you wonder  why your parents don't want you going out. And keep in mind that her parents and even her older sister don't know that she has been having sex

didn't have a curfew once i graduated from high school.
my dad would talk $$*%, but i'd just do the "aww i love you daddy, thanks for caring" line & he'd be a-ok.
happy.gif

As long as you living under someone's roof, whatever the hell they say it is. That's why I was out the door at 18.

Reasonable curfew is whatever her parents decide on. If you don't like it, find another girlfriend.

Originally Posted by I CANT PASS

if I had a daughter, 11pm

but my son...no curfew
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My parents never had to give me a curfew I was always in before it got too late back when there were good shows on tv. Once I got to like 11th grade though I asked my dad about curfew and he was like "You got a key"  
pimp.gif

My sister though...not so lucky
laugh.gif

At that age my parents saw me coming in when they were leaving for work
laugh.gif
But other than city imposed curfews
smh.gif
I didn't have one after the age of 15 or 16.

at 19, I was in college, working and I paid for my own tuition. Sure I still lived at home but at least my parents treated me like an adult, because I acted like an adult.

umm.......i expect her to be out my house by then so she can come to HER house whenever she pleases.

If she's still under my roof. When the street lights come on or when she gets off work (2nd shift).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PraVokal

If I had a daughter and she still lived with me....She gon be in the house by 9...Not 9:01 not 5secs after 9 hit....BUT 9 OCLOCK

*Diddy Voice* Take that Take that

X2
and 19 she is just a child!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom