what is all the fuss about vol TSA

^that's the standard argument for these things - I haven't got anything to hide so why should I care.

But, these sorts of inspections have never been shown to actually prevent any incidents. It's all just a knee-jerk reaction. El-Al still has the best safety record in the world I think - they are very thorough but without the total removal of rights or dignity that the TSA would like. Their security system uses well trained interviewers rather than the numbskulls that TSA employs to harass and intimidate travellers to provide a show of screening them.

It's one of these weird US contradictions - like the obsession with ID and how you are almost treated like a criminial if you don't have any. Lots of other countries in the world have tried to have national ID systems but the citizens have rebelled as they don't want that sort of presence monitoring them. But, 'the land of the free' is pretty well fine with it.

^that's the standard argument for these things - I haven't got anything to hide so why should I care.

But, these sorts of inspections have never been shown to actually prevent any incidents. It's all just a knee-jerk reaction. El-Al still has the best safety record in the world I think - they are very thorough but without the total removal of rights or dignity that the TSA would like. Their security system uses well trained interviewers rather than the numbskulls that TSA employs to harass and intimidate travellers to provide a show of screening them.

It's one of these weird US contradictions - like the obsession with ID and how you are almost treated like a criminial if you don't have any. Lots of other countries in the world have tried to have national ID systems but the citizens have rebelled as they don't want that sort of presence monitoring them. But, 'the land of the free' is pretty well fine with it.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Those tsa people look at thousands of weiners a day, why should I be worried that they see my big wang? **shrug**

u want them to touch it too?
indifferent.gif

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

Back
Top Bottom