What is NT's Sneaker of the Year Vol 2019

IMO
1. Nike Saccai LD Waffle. I love the design and mix of colors on the various versions they put out this year. It seemed like everyone in NY was able to score a pair of these except me but I love them anyways.

Honorable mentions-
Jordan 34's- FINALLY a great looking new Jordan model. As predicted they put out too many colors which took away from the design but the original colors all highlighted the shoe.

Travis Scott green Jordan VI's - the color and pocket added to already great looking shoe. This is how you do a "special edition" of an existing model. Add to it without taking away from the original design.

Patta Jordan VII's- I loved that they took the VII's and used some very nice materials and color blocking, and added their Patta branding in a bold yet tasteful way. Def sleeper shoe. Big up one of the only long standing black owned streetwear brands out there.

Aleali May Jordan VI's- I loved the color choice and material used on this. Again another good way to add to a show without diluting the look & feel of the original base model.

Nike Adapt Huranche yellow- gotta love the technology and Nike's choice to merge it with a modern Hurache model. That yellow makes the shoe stand out in a good way.

Adidas Ozweego- I really loved this design, a mix of old clunky and modern sleek with a touch of this tech fashion thrown in. Some of the early colors really sold the shoe for me

Scarr's Pizza AF1- man the details on this shoe is CRAZY. A true NEW YORK AF1 that we'll never own.

That GR AF1 pack with the good leather and gum soles- def sleepers that are actually on sale most places now. Cannot go wrong with these.

I wish I could name some non-Nike/Adidas shoes but honestly nothing comes to mind.

Forgot about patta vii’s slid them in storage for the summer ... didn’t know they were black owned either.

speaking of sleepers the pl fear & “blue the great” fear drops were both dope colorways with quality

For me.
154505ce59b8feaeeb85e187f1aaf12b.jpg

nike-zoom-lebron-3-home-ao2434-101-3.jpg

My top 5.

All copped.

1)Infrared 6
PSX_20190704_235639.jpg

2) Playoff XI's
PSX_20191218_193310.jpg

3) Red Carpet 7's
PSX_20191101_161100.jpg

4) Nike Air Barrage
PSX_20190824_141440.jpg

5) Air Max 720
PSX_20191205_012149.jpg

Would put Jordan 3 animal pack in number 6. I'm still waiting for those to arrive...

Attachments

• PSX_20190505_095821.jpg
    PSX_20190505_095821.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
When Adidas practically copied the roshes with the yeezy 350s and charged more, I knew the sneaker game had run its course

Those Red Questions will be my next purchase, but sneaker of the year for me are the Travis Scott AF1’s. Idk what it is about the colors on them, but I love the way they look. Unfortunately, I struck out on them.

Yo what "influencer" got all these suburban white girls around me wearing all white air force 1s

No idea, but a pair of crispy all white lows will always be in my rotation

Undercover daybreaks were my favorite. Most comfortable shoe I’ve had in a while.

Aside from the Sacai Waffles. Which I own. Might not be a popular opinion but the OW waffles. Clean colorway with the white/beige/and pops of green and orange.

C83E719A-987E-417C-BA62-0E8816D63FD7.jpeg

(not my picture)

best part. People can customize it however they want. I plan to remove the plastic from the places covering the suede parts, the lateral foil swoosh and the foil on the heel. Spikes are actually comfy so I’ll probably keep them.

hype and limitedness be damned

Back
Top Bottom