What is the easiest sport to go from college star --> pro star?

Basketball. The only sport of the big three where dudes used to become stars out of HS.

and in football u need to stay in school longer to develop physically so I'd go with basketball. I know the question specifically said out of college, but soccer is a sport where you see a lot of young superstar players.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

and in football u need to stay in school longer to develop physically so I'd go with basketball. I know the question specifically said out of college, but soccer is a sport where you see a lot of young superstar players.

Yea I was gonna say soccer but no superstars play college ball.

but soccer is a sport where you see a lot of young superstar players.

the amount of pressure that goes with it though...that's why them getting paid a lot of $ is justified in my eyes.

Especially when you play in EU. You have to satisfy your club team + it's VERY LOYAL fans/hooligans and make your country proud (+ the conflict of interest at times when you have to play for your country against the country of your club team)

Yes, I do recognize busts in soccer, but once everyone touts you as a future star, you better show your stuff or you'll be TMZd to the nth degree.

I say football just because there's more positions
ohwell.gif

Basketball cuz if you are extremely skilled that takes you a long way even if you arent physically all the way there... ex.Durant

but football even if you are skilled but lack the physical abilities you will be extremely overmatched in the NFL

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Basketball cuz if you are physically all the way there that takes you a long way even if you aren't extremely skilled... ex. J. Smith

but football even if you are skilled but lack the physical abilities you will be extremely overmatched in the NFL

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Basketball cuz if you are physically all the way there that takes you a long way even if you aren't extremely skilled... ex. J. Smith
Huge misconception that Josh Smith isn't skilled. Extremely skilled? No...but how many players are?

^ You know when someone is overly athletic people automatically tell themselves that they aren't skilled in other areas of their game. Much like people not knowing JRich could shoot back in the day simply because he was a flyer.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

yea there are so many busts in the nfl smh. i'd say baseball though
Most of them go to the farm system first before joining their pro teams.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Yea I was gonna say soccer but no superstars play college ball.

Yeah, but it's all relative. Going from being a college soccer star to MLS star might not be a problem, but call me when a college star becomes an English Premier League or Spain's Primera Division star.

Back
Top Bottom