What is the easiest sport to go from college star --> pro star?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

People saying baseball...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Uh, basketball. How many teenagers made it to the league? No one can play in the NFL that young. Career ending injuries with the quickness.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

and in football u need to stay in school longer to develop physically so I'd go with basketball. I know the question specifically said out of college, but soccer is a sport where you see a lot of young superstar players.

Yea I was gonna say soccer but no superstars play college ball.

Yeah, but it's all relative. Going from being a college soccer star to MLS star might not be a problem, but call me when a college star becomes an English Premier League or Spain's Primera Division star.
Huh? It's highly unlikely any college player will ever go on to be a star in Europe.  Anyone with that kind of potential isn't playing high school soccer, much less college.

baseball is not the right answer.
I feel basketball the expectations of a player coming out of college are generally on point

i would think making the nfl as a kicker/punter. i wouldn't say it's easy to go pro in anything but this would be a much easier route. you don't need size, you don't need to be that athletic, its just some leg strength and continuous repitition. after kicking/punting everyday for years i would think it would begin to come natural.

Originally Posted by kasuncio

is college wrestling to mma a legitimate suggestion?

Not really valid.  A college wrestler is not gonna go straight in and be a star in MMA without learning some ground (BJJ, sambo, etc.) and stand up (MT, Boxing, etc) first.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

and in football u need to stay in school longer to develop physically so I'd go with basketball. I know the question specifically said out of college, but soccer is a sport where you see a lot of young superstar players.

Yea I was gonna say soccer but no superstars play college ball.

Yeah, but it's all relative. Going from being a college soccer star to MLS star might not be a problem, but call me when a college star becomes an English Premier League or Spain's Primera Division star.
Huh? It's highly unlikely any college player will ever go on to be a star in Europe.  Anyone with that kind of potential isn't playing high school soccer, much less college.

I know hes not a star, but Brad Friedel?

Back
Top Bottom