What is your TOP 10 Hip Hop artists of all time?!

It is technically a posthumous album... Regardless that's just as many albums as K. Dot. So your argument's still completely invalid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rndom Grenadez  

Again I'm curious as to how you feel you can claim I know nothing about hip hop. It's laughable.

Says the man who judges an artist's skill based on the length of their discography. Your knowledge of hip-hop's laughable. You criticized Kendrick due to the length of his discography when in fact nearly half the artists in your top 10 have equal, if not shorter discographies. You tried making the dumbest argument possible, then you actually managed to contradict it in an attempt to defend it. So maybe this doesn't reflect your knowledge regarding hip-hop but your lack of knowledge in general rather?

Quote:

So basically nothing factual apart from the fact that I didn't catch a mobb deep reference....ok I thought so. Congrats you can quote Shook Ones.

Doesn't catch one of the more memorable lines in hip-hop... Still thinks he knows hip-hop. 
roll.gif

Quote:

"And my god 1,000 albums and artist I couldn't name....
embarassed.gif
" The adjective 1000 is modifying albums, not artist. Clearly your comprehension is weak as well.

My 1,000 albums were in no way, shape, or form linked to things you couldn't name. I said I could list a hundred ARTISTS (and only ARTISTS) you couldn't name. My albums had absolutely nothing to do with that statement. You can twist it any way you want, you still come out a complete ******g moron. Quit tryna project your lack of comprehension skills onto me.

Quote:

You can keep trying if you want....

No, no, no. You need to try harder. You're diggin' yourself deeper with every moronic statement you make. At this point I'm feeling bad for your students. Their level of intellect must be cut in half after taking your course.
Oh this is still going on....

Pun > K. Dot, doesn't matter the amount of material they each put out. Verse for verse he can't fill Puns shoes. 

:::looks at original list of top 10::::  Either your math skills are as bad as your reading skills or you know less about hip hop than I thought. Half = 5. Since when is TWO (Pun and Biggie who are both better than Kendrick) almost half? You have to let his impact on hip-hop marinate for a bit. He is very recent. Like I said, the kid is talented, but to name him the best off of the strength of 4 years is foolish and shortsighted. 

Fine I missed the line. You got me. I committed a hip-hop sin. But let's keep perspective on this. You were ONE when that line even dropped, meanwhile I had the cassette through the majority of my childhood. 

And let me put it as simply as I can. The sentence read as follows: And my god "1000 albums" and "artist I couldn't name". Two separate entities. 

Put simply, your hubris is laughable. You might know much about hip-hop but you act like a 5 year old in the way that you vocalize your opinion. I asked you your age not as a shot at you, but to give me perspective on where you were coming from as a fan. Meanwhile you want to get all sensitive about sh*t like Kendrick's your boyfriend. Fall back...

Last edited:
^Both Pun and K. Dot are top tier talent. Both are appreciated to the fullest. K. Dot may have (may have) put together a better project, but I don't think he could go bar for bar with Pun (at this point). Their styles are so different any comparison just comes down to personal preference (like most music discussion).

Last edited:
^Both Pun and K. Dot are top tier talent. Both are appreciated to the fullest. K. Dot may have (may have) put together a better project, but I don't think he could go bar for bar with Pun (at this point). Their styles are so different any comparison just comes down to personal preference (like most music discussion).
Thank you! All I did was state who my favorite artist was and dude decided to condescendingly question my knowledge of hip-hop. Then he got roasted and let my posts **** up his whole month. GET OVER IT DUDE.

jay-z
nas
eminem
camron
2pac
biggie
"my bottom half is off pure taste"
max b (dead serious son was a problem)
andre 3k
scarface
snoop

Andre 3000
Jay-Z
Lupe Fiasco (FnF mixtapes, F&L 1, The Cool)
Nas
Eminem
CeeLo (first 2 solo albums and Gnarls Barkley 1)
Scarface
Ghostface Killah & Raekwon (couldn't choose 1)
Drake
Kool G Rap

Didnt want to include Pac and Big, as i feel thats the easy way out

Quote:

Oh this is still going on....

No... It wasn't actually. Not till you made that post. You're just now responding to a post that was made 2-and-a-half days ago. You're really lettin' my comments get to you, huh? Actin' like this **** haunts you at night. You're a grown *** man, get over it. Opinion's tend to differ, that's the way of the world. Quit postin' and you won't get roasted. It's that simple.

Quote:

Pun > K. Dot, doesn't matter the amount of material they each put out. Verse for verse he can't fill Puns shoes.

Cool. If that's your opinion, then that's your opinion. While my opinion differs, I realize you won't be convinced otherwise. There's no factual way of proving "who's better" as the comparison's based completely on preference. Thus defeating the point of the argument.

Quote:

:::looks at original list of top 10::::  Either your math skills are as bad as your reading skills or you know less about hip hop than I thought. Half = 5. Since when is TWO (Pun and Biggie who are both better than Kendrick) almost half?

Again you question my knowledge of hip-hop while completely oblivious of the fact that Rakim has a shorter discography, as well as Black Thought (not counting group projects). And while I may be reaching by saying Black Thought's discography is shorter, I still included him earlier. 2+2=4, and last time I checked, 4 is pretty damn close to 5. Was that basic enough for you to comprehend or should I dumb down my explanation even further?

Quote:

You have to let his impact on hip-hop marinate for a bit. He is very recent. Like I said, the kid is talented, but to name him the best off of the strength of 4 years is foolish and shortsighted.

This is why I made a point to say that he's my personal favorite. NOT who I consider the greatest. Did you forgot about this comment?:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Js4Daze  

In terms of overall talent, I got Nas at #1. If we're talkin' favorites, I got K. Dot at #1. Problem?

^ 'Cause unlike you, I don't base my favorites off who everyone else considers the greatest. Your top 10 is basically the result of averaging out all the "top 10 greatest rappers" lists in YouTube comments.

Quote:

Fine I missed the line. You got me. I committed a hip-hop sin. But let's keep perspective on this. You were ONE when that line even dropped, meanwhile I had the cassette through the majority of my childhood.

Congratulations, you're much older. We get it.

Quote:

And let me put it as simply as I can. The sentence read as follows: And my god "1000 albums" and "artist I couldn't name". Two separate entities. 

I pray you ain't an English teacher. If you really wanted to classify them as two separate entities, you would've worded that sentence differently. For example: "And my god, 1,000 albums and a hundred artists I couldn't name...." It appears that all you're tryna do is avoid the fact that you misread my comment on yet another occasion. 
embarassed.gif

Quote:

Put simply, your hubris is laughable. You might know much about hip-hop but you act like a 5 year old in the way that you vocalize your opinion.

You're vocalizing your opinion in a similar fashion and you're prolly over twice my age. So what does that say about you?

Quote:

I asked you your age not as a shot at you, but to give me perspective on where you were coming from as a fan. Meanwhile you want to get all snsitive about sh*t like Kendrick's your boyfriend. Fall back...

You're the only one gettin' sensitive. Again, your countless attempts to project your problems onto me is more than pathetic. Either realize that you're not gonna change my opinion or get ethered yet again. The choice is yours.

Last edited:
Just noticed your post count. Almost 6,000 posts my dude? smfh...

Last edited:
^ Go take a breather dude. Enjoy the outdoors or some ****. Life isn't measured by your post count. Remember that.

And your point is...? You knocked me for quotin' Mobb Deep then you went ahead and quoted Daq.

Last edited:
:lol:

I was making fun of you. Understand?

And I have zero idea who Kae'daq is, but please continue to wow us with your boundless knowledge of rap.

I love how our conversation had nothin' to do with you yet you still felt the need to jump in and defend Grenadez as if you two have a ******' butt pact. **** outta here with that ****.

Last edited:
Was the italicization of the word rap really necessary? Your rebuttals are wack af and I'm beginning to think this is just an excuse to boost your post count. Since that's clearly your main priority in life.

This is just my opinion, but the alarming amount of lists that do NOT include Tupac, is very telling of this new generation of hip-hop fans.
Jay-Z today has about as much impact and media attention as Tupac did back then(WITHOUT THE INTERNET)

It's kinda sad really

Last edited:
View media item 485311

I got Pac top 3 but it's all personal preference my dude.
How can someone who is highly regarded as the G.O.A.T. not be on 95% of these lists though?
I even think I saw Lil B more than Pac, which is blaphemous within itself.

I think the answer is similar to when kids say Kobe is better than Jordan.

The generational gap is real

Back
Top Bottom