What is your TOP 10 Hip Hop artists of all time?!

10- tony yayo
9- smilez and southstar8
8- mystikal
7- U god
6- lil Wayne- post carter 2
5- silk da shocka
4- keef
3- wale
2- wale
1- wale

In order
Give ya props on ugod. Personally my least favorite counting cap... Also removing two previously on the list cause their catalogue isn't big enough yet. I did this list originally pretty fast. The two removed will be moved to honorable mention.

1.) Em
2.) Wu. (Gza,rae,ghost,ins, mef,odb,rza,mast,cap,ugod in that order)
3.) Big
4.) Bone
5.) Dmx
6.) Dre/snoop for obv reasons
7.) Black Thought
8.) Nas
9.) Jay Z
10.) N.O.R.E

Honorable Mentions/New stuff.
Busta, Tupac, Kanye, Action Bronson, Meek Mill, Theophilus London, Kendrick Lamar, Lupe Fiasco, Slaughterhouse, Royce solo, Yelawolf, Cool Kids, LOX

Last edited:
In no specific order

Nas

Big Pun

Biggie

2Pac

Jay-Z

ATCQ

Common

E Rule

Snoop

MF Doom

Honorable mentions

Mase

Fat Joe

Eric Sermon

Lil B

Lupe Fiasco

Twista

Paul Wall

Last edited:
Why do so many prefer J**** over Big L?
L killed him in freestyles, they said L was always lyrically better than Jay and if he hadn't have for killed he would have been bigger.

L killed him in freestyles, they said L was always lyrically better than Jay and if he hadn't have for killed he would have been bigger.

Hov was actually freestyling some of that, L, not so much. Hov's catalog is much more significant. Lyrically better...? Eh... Not sure I'd say that. L was witty with great punchlines and told some great stories, but you could easily make the argument that Hov is the best to ever do it (I personally wouldn't, but I can understand if someone did). Cannot make that argument for L.

Hov was actually freestyling some of that, L, not so much. Hov's catalog is much more significant. Lyrically better...? Eh... Not sure I'd say that. L was witty with great punchlines and told some great stories, but you could easily make the argument that Hov is the best to ever do it (I personally wouldn't, but I can understand if someone did). Cannot make that argument for L.

Yeah I can see why people like Jay but it seems they assume he is the best cus of the hold he has on the industry. Most people who are Jay-z fans that I've met have never even heard of L. I mean I've listened to both and I know who I'd prefer to listen to but each to their own. L also only ever dropped 1 album so no one knows what route he would have went down if he dropped others after completing bigger picture.

Ive never put together an all time list, as mine is usually a mix of all time and personal faves, so I'll try. Keep in mind this list is all these artists at their peaks, ignoring any of their declines do to laziness, bad production, limited material, or not being much concerned with rap and focusing on outside ventures. This is like listing your favorite players as they were instead of what they may have turned into.

1) Ghostface Killah
2) Eminem
3) Jay-Z
4) Notorious BIG
5) Nas
6) Common
7) Big Boi
8 - AZ
9) Prodigy
10) Ice Cube

Last edited:
in no particular order 

Notorious BIG 

Jay-Z 

Big KRIT

Curren$y

Charles Hamilton

Snoop

Jeezy

Nas

Smoke DZA

Scarface

Nas
Pac
Lupe Fiasco
Ghost Face Killah
Outkast
E-40
Redman
Cam'ron
Snoop Dogg
Curren$y

No particular order . . .

Nas

Jay

Kanye

BIG

Cam'ron

Pac

Andre 3000

Mase

Give it a few more years . . . 

Kendrick

Drake

Dom

Mainly cuz this is about artists overall, not lyricists.

Wu Tang

A Tribe Called Quest

FunkDoobiest

Slick Rick

Mobb Deep

Snoop Doggy Dogg

Cypress Hill

Scarface

De la Soul

Qtip

In no particular order:

1. Nas

2. Jay-Z

3. Wale

4. Mos Def

5. Common

6. O.D.B. (RIP)

7. Kanye West

8. Kendrick Lamar

9. Big L

10. Snoop

1. Jay
2. Nas
3. Ye
4. Andre 3k
5. Kendrick
6. Wu
7. Em
8. Curren$y
9. Cam
10. Mos

In no particular order..

Yeah I can see why people like Jay but it seems they assume he is the best cus of the hold he has on the industry. Most people who are Jay-z fans that I've met have never even heard of L. I mean I've listened to both and I know who I'd prefer to listen to but each to their own. L also only ever dropped 1 album so no one knows what route he would have went down if he dropped others after completing bigger picture.
As much as I respect J****, 8 Iz Enuff cemented Big L's legacy in my mind. None of Jay's other songs can top it IMO

1. Peep the username just gunna group wu together cuz theyd take too many spots 

2. Nas

3. Kanye West

4. DOOM

5. Big L

6. Kid Cudi

7. Kendrick Lamar

8. Jay-Z

9. Lupe Fiasco

10. Ab-Soul

Last edited:
1.Kanye West
2.Jay-Z