What job perks do you have?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

1. Paid training for anything that pertains to the job
2. Free food a lot + free soda/tea/coffee/snacks/energy drinks
3. Free Laptop and software
4. Free blackberry with international access
5. Free beer on Fridays (we drink after 3:30)
6. Flexible work hours and the ability to come in whenever I want to work afterhours
7. Free Mobile Broadband card in laptops
8. Paid travel/accommodations/food to various Video Game industry events (GDC, E3, PAX, CES)
9. $100 a month to cover internet and cable charges
10. Free parking (In LA this is a big deal)
11. Free tickets to Lakers/Kings/Dodgers/Clippers games
12. Foosball, Ping pong, HDTVs, cable, every video game system and a library of games
13. LEGIT Insurance - Full medical, dental, Vision - Copay is 10 bucks.
14. Beautiful view from my office
15. Discount on video games and hardware
16. No limit corporate card comes in handy for big purchases

Really nice travel accommodations. Spent a week in the Beverly Wilshire last year, spent a week at the Four seasons in Maui the year before that. I travel to the Bay a lot and always get to stay at the Omni in the financial district.

I'm jealous. What do you do?

Corporate cell phone, unlimited everything, change devices at will (since Jan. i've had the BB Torch, Motorola Bravo, HTC Windows whatever, and now HTC Inspire)
19% off personal line
40% off all accessories.

That's it.

Besides

- Paid training
- 10% discount on flight tickets, stores, food, etc
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance

.....not much, but I love my job. Keeps me active.

Originally Posted by philly035

6. Flexible work hours and the ability to come in whenever I want to work afterhours
8. Paid travel/accommodations/food to various Video Game industry events (GDC, E3, PAX, CES)
12. Foosball, Ping pong, HDTVs, cable, every video game system and a library of games

Really nice travel accommodations. Spent a week in the Beverly Wilshire last year, spent a week at the Four seasons in Maui the year before that. I travel to the Bay a lot and always get to stay at the Omni in the financial district.

Programmer for a video game developer.

Originally Posted by philly035

Programmer for a video game developer.
No wonder you get all those perks..writing code all day must be boring as hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KevTav

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by Mr718

Free cable, internet, phone.  Discounts at Sony, Apple, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and a bunch of other places.  Employee prices at MSG and get to walk anywhere in the Garden.  One of my co-worker went to a Jay-Z concert and used the employee elevator and Jigga walked in
pimp.gif
  They also gave me a 55" Sony Bravia a few months back.

you work for/at cablevision?
It sounds like he does, I have the same perks as well. Didn't know we had fellow Cablevision workers at NT.
nerd.gif

Yupp 
pimp.gif
  Which dept?

- Chicks want it deep

- Cougars want it deep

- Hooking the fam up with free drinks

- Free gym membership

Personal Trainer, Bartender, DJ.

In that order.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif

I mean, its all creativity for me. Problem solving with creativity to make something greater than the sum of it's parts. When you're working 12 hours a day and thinking about how to make more efficient algorithms it certainly wears on you. However, it's exciting to see a project that started out as an idea become something playable.

Then again the way things have been going, once the project is up we'll probably all be fired
laugh.gif

50% off Phone bill
Upgrade every 10 months
Tuition Assistance

Those are the ones I enjoy.

Im a volunteer EMT so not only do I work for free, but I dont get any of these cool perks either.
But I do get to put it on my resume.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif

I mean, its all creativity for me. Problem solving with creativity to make something greater than the sum of it's parts. When you're working 12 hours a day and thinking about how to make more efficient algorithms it certainly wears on you. However, it's exciting to see a project that started out as an idea become something playable.

Then again the way things have been going, once the project is up we'll probably all be fired
laugh.gif
With that on your resume, you'll hop back up quick.

Anyone work @ the Bloomberg Offices in DC? Man they have it MADE. Basically a whole damn convenience store as their kitchen. Never seen so much free junk food in my life.

Hoteling (thats works from home for you simple ones)

Reimbursed $.45 Cents a mile for driving my own car.

part time- 50% or more off some decent brands (lacoste, clarks originals, nudies etc)

i call my discounts "playa prices"
laugh.gif

i have a full time job but my part time job is at an electronic store that shall be named nameless
devil.gif

the discounts are good, especially on clearance items..almost 40-50% off the markdown prices for employees
pimp.gif
my coworker bought a macbook pro for stupid cheap just for winning the most customer service surveys.

networking = it's all about who you know! i've let several friends use my discount and they've helped me used their discounts on their end (mortgages, clothing, shoes, etc)
happy.gif

damn some of yall get hooked up.

i dont got much but i love my job/company

- flex "personal fitness/wellness" scheduling. i can come in late in the mornings if i wanna go hit the gym before work.
- company lunches on occasion
- fully covered healthcare

Lucky for me I get to piggyback off of some of my wife's perks/freebies since she works in advertising and works on an entertainment account

- she gets to take our puppy to the office with her everyday (less hassle for me)
- invites to events/award shows and afterparties (Grammys, SAG Awards, Peoples Choice, etc... no Emmys or Oscars yet though)
- sporting event tickets (I probably hit up about 10-20 different games a year, usually a box or premier lower level seating for Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Dodgers... she just managed to score us some comped Strikeforce tickets for next month)

Back
Top Bottom