What job perks do you have?

Originally Posted by philly035

I work IT...

1. paid training and books
2. pay $25 a month for full medical (PPO)
3. flexible hours with 35 hour work weeks with 1 hour lunch (something that is not common now and days)
4. new laptop
5. NO company cell phone / NO on call (IT heads know how much this sucks - I work 9-5 then I'm out.)
6. Pension that will pay me 2% of my salary for each year worked... no money invested required (although i'm investing 20% of my salary in my companies 403b plan)
7. the best IT director in the world. This cannot be overlooked... I really consider this a perk. he lets me work at my own pace and is never breathing down my neck. As long as things get done and people are happy.
I do computer programming and have many of the same perks.

Plus, wearing flip-flops and cords all summer FTW.

Saw this on craigslist

The perks are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We're looking for a fanatical Director of IT to join our fun team, build out our network and design the infrastructure that can handle twice the employees every 3 months. We need someone who can manage and mentor a team, design our network, own it , execute it tomorrow, and make sure it runs flawlessly.

ZocDoc is the startup you want to work at – free lunch + soda, healthcare, fast machines, karaoke, counter strike lan parties and a razor sharp focus on making a difference, not office face time or stuffy work clothes.
Its official too – Crain’s recently named us ‘the best place to work in NYC’.

If you're smart and get things done, can design the network that handles serious growth and want to work on a project that helps thousands of people every day, then this gig is for you!
At ZocDoc you get:
[table][tr][td]-[/td][td]real design challenges and a network ready to be molded[/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]a top of the line 3 screen setup [/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]daily catered lunches and free reign over our stocked fridge [/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]flexible hours and a jeans-only dress code [/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]a great salary [/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]stock options [/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]PPO health insurance (100% employer covered) [/td][/tr][tr][td]-[/td][td]relocation costs fully covered [/td][/tr][/table]
In your cover letter, tell us how your would prepare a hundred new employee laptops each week.

Change healthcare with us and make a huge difference.

Apply Today!

This is why i love IT
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by philly035

I work IT...

1. paid training and books
2. pay $25 a month for full medical (PPO)
3. flexible hours with 35 hour work weeks with 1 hour lunch (something that is not common now and days)
4. new laptop
5. NO company cell phone / NO on call (IT heads know how much this sucks - I work 9-5 then I'm out.)
6. Pension that will pay me 2% of my salary for each year worked... no money invested required (although i'm investing 20% of my salary in my companies 403b plan)
7. the best IT director in the world. This cannot be overlooked... I really consider this a perk. he lets me work at my own pace and is never breathing down my neck. As long as things get done and people are happy.

Oh and I get to wear blue jeans and t-%$%$$ to work. HATED dressing up at my last job.

I had considered moving down south for the weather after college. Not anymore - I'm insanely happy where I am at. I know I could be making more somewhere else, but I would never be this happy.

They say you should jump from company to company every 2-4 years. This job will keep me put until my boss retires and my IT co-workers leave.
smile.gif
Very nice.  
laugh.gif

I do the same line of work at a law firm, but I have no IT director. 

Still going to school for Computer Science classes.  

1.  100% Employer paid healthcare (excluding dental)  

2.  Paid vacation, that can be cashed out or rolled over whenever it goes unused  

3.  Flexible work schedule 

4. Own office 

All in all, pretty happy there. 

Free food, get to use all video/photo equipment for personal projects, salary, paid training, 1 day of work a week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Work at Ralph Lauren.  Bust my *** all day because my boss is an *** and have no perks whatsoever
30t6p3b.gif

Quite a few NTers in IT.
pimp.gif

I'm still waiting on my full time employment contract at my current company to be finalized. It's been taking way too long...

5 star food on deck always for the low. I huge network of people I know in the restaurant industry so I can pretty much talk to anyone and find a job in a day if I ever want to work anywhere else.

i work in IT for the goverment

perks of working in the government:
aws = alternate work schedule
TSP = Thrift savings plan
Organizaition paid for my undergrad, A+, Network +, and CCNA (boot camps and test vouchers)
Blackberry storm 24/7 leash but never get called in
raises 8000 raises every year till you reach a certain grade/step

Gap employee(Part Time):
Fat discounts on Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy.
Paid Training

Gov Job(part time):
Paid Training
Access to military Commissaries, Exchange. No taxes
pimp.gif

Chance for travel.  Supposed to be going to Belize in the summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Some Medical coverage.
Help with school payments if I want it.

-i work unsupervised
-i study, watch tv, sleep, or just chill for 8 hours
-2 weeks of paid vacation
-every 4 weeks i have 2 four day work weeks and still get paid for 5
-i work with lots of cool people, with a few bums sprinkled in
-when i work overtime i can choose between money or time off
-i can go to school full time

Online retail company

-paid training (easiest month ever)
-dental/medical/vision/disability/life/pet insurance
-401k match
-free food and drinks
-free happy hour every so often
-about every quarter we rent out a venue/club and throw an all out party for employees
-tuition reimbursement
-nap room/directv in lunch room/game room (in the works)
-sick and vacay paid time off/paid holidays
-easy opportunites for pay bump/transfer depts
-small discounts on phone bills and rentals/local business discounts/40% on the stuff we sell
-yearly bonus of some kind
-guaranteed 40 hours and pretty much get the shift you want
-free stuff from vendors
-corporateperks.com

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

scavenger pro
sleight of hand pro
and
ninja pro

you cant have scavenger and slight of hand, bro

scavenger pro
stopping power pro
ninja pro

with FMJ attached...

pimp.gif

I'm such a lame for understanding that you guys are talkin about two different games
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Just Started this new job and the perks are
pimp.gif

I get....

1. Certification reimbursement + paid training for anything that pertains to the job
2. Free catered lunch everyday + free soda/tea/coffee
3. Free metrocard
4. Free blackberry(they're moving on to android next year) + Hp elite 2740p tablet laptop(I'm on call 24/7 however)
5. Free beer on fridays(we drink after 3:30)
6. Flexible work hours

That sucks! I would HATE that.

But I dont have $$+! so FML
tired.gif

-medical, dental, and vision
-401k...they do match though...weak
-blackberry....which I dont really use since my inbox is sync'd to my iphone
-swoosh account
-40% The North Face
-Clothing discounts from our clients
-commuter checks
-happy hour on Fridays (we drink after 4 oclock as well)
-unlimited internet access (which is very important to me)

and I'm salary...I dont work a week over 40 hours haha

i work for myself as a barber so I guess just being able to work when I feel like it...
say whatever I want, and be in an enviorment I like...... 

Back
Top Bottom