What makes Foamposits so great?

Forgive my ignorance but what is it about foamposits that everyone likes?  What makes them any different than any other basketball shoe?  I have only seen them in person at a Foot Action (at least I think it was Foot Action) once and didn't really examine the shoe too much.  

why don't you go back to the footaction, examine them closer, buy a pair, and try them out...others' opinions are cool, but the only one that really matters is your own so go off your own thoughts on the shoe and not others

The Truest fact is that this retro sneaker is not great. It used 2 be indestuctable given it's original molding & materials.
retros hurt the sneaker culture

Originally Posted by underbird92

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Wear them before you actually question.

OK, but why?  What makes them better than any other shoe with Zoom Air? 

Nah man, you aren't missing out on anything since EVERY shoe with Zoom Air feels the same, right?
grin.gif

they are not very good basketball shoes so let's not even go there, but they are very durable and have a nice cut to em (not to high not too low), and I mean the nike swoosh on the pros and the lack thereof on the pennys make the shoes just irresistible, some new colorways are slowly killing it but that should be expected of Nike these days smh

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

they are not very good basketball shoes so let's not even go there, but they are very durable and have a nice cut to em (not to high not too low), and I mean the nike swoosh on the pros and the lack thereof on the pennys make the shoes just irresistible, some new colorways are slowly killing it but that should be expected of Nike these days smh
Ya, to me it's the comfort and the rarity.  I live in Phx and when I wear mine, sneakerheads say "Nice shoes!!" and other people stare crazy at them.

My wife thinks it's funny that when I wear them, I get so many comments. 

Very durable shoes, need very little cleaning, basically don't crease, comfortable once broken in, unique design/look, new technology (for its day), and Penny made them iconic by wearing them back in the day. They're admittedly not awesome for ball, especially compared to other shoes you can get these days, but if you're looking for something durable, comfortable, and unique, foams would be a good pick.

Ill give you that these have some hype, but these deserve it. They are extremely comfortable if used to ball in, my personal opinion, and they also have good quality and durability.

anyone saying these are appealing because of HYPE is a guilty as someone that has no clue about foams.

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.

As for basketball, they are really good shoes for someone looking for balling shoes (indoors) that should not fall apart. That is not the case for kobes or lebrons (not 100% sure about Brons) as I know kobes are known to tear after a while. These are not the lightest nor the best in tech but they do hold up to a beating.

Rarity is what made them great to me...to see them one year, and know you might not see another pair for 2-3 years after that.

Once upon a time, you could come to nike retro, see maybe one foamposite topic on the first page, and it was usually the same heads discussing the shoes.

Now, the whole first page and second pages are nothing but foamposite topics, with folks talking about the same dumb stuff that goes on in the jordan brand forum...hype definitely plays its part.

February's coming and i'm not even excited, after the retro pros drop, i'm out of the posite biz until some flightposite 3's surface.

Originally Posted by bigj505

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.
this.....northeast weather is crazy and foams will hold their own in any season, even in the hot sun where they break in very nicely because of the heat
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Rarity is what made them great to me...to see them one year, and know you might not see another pair for 2-3 years after that.
this as well....I've been trying to get og blk/gum pros in my size for at least a decade and just got them last december. it was great to finally have both those and a pair of the all blk pros at the same time. and also knowing there's a few more that still elude me and i still have something to hunt
devil.gif
smokin.gif

little to no maintenance required if you wear them sensibly, nice colorways, rarity (where I'm from)---> All of these factors make them worth the price tag.

Agreed bigj.
Maybe NOW there's more of a hype element to the sneaker,but if you're old enough to remember the sneaker when it FIRST dropped...
you either loved it or you hated it PERIOD.There was no middle of the road crap with this shoe.I happened to be in the group that LOVED the sneaker at first sight (the funny thing is I actually began to hear rumors about the sneaker itself before I even knew it was gonna be Penny's sig).

underbird92 wrote:
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Wear them before you actually question.

OK, but why?  What makes them better than any other shoe with Zoom Air? 

As other members have stated - the unconventional, innovative design along with the durability standards. It holds up very well over time, to the point where you will see deterioration on the soles before you ever do on the uppers and toe-box area of the shoe. You will probably never see a crease on the shoe. You have to remember, this shoe was designed around 1996 - it was ahead of it's time than and probably still is today.

The streaky Foamposite design, the carbon fiber, the inner boot all compliment this shoe as a very attractive durable basketball shoe. Sure they are slightly heavy, but heavier shoes have been known to protect the feet greater than shoes weighing something around the level of a Hyperflight. You'll also notice the stiffness of the Foamposite when taken right out the box to play ball in, but after time they tailor your foot for a personal fit.

Overall, great basketball shoe and heavily liked based on design. One of the best Nike shoes ever created IMO.

My coppers still look fresh as ever and its been almost a whole year since they dropped. I love how durable the shoes are since I cant drop 500 on kicks like some people on here every other month.

Back
Top Bottom