What OG pairs did you own when they released?

This is more for the older guys in the forum but what OG pairs did you get WHEN THEY RELEASED?
For me

AJ1- black/red

AJ4- black/red

AJ5- black/silver

AJ9-White/black

AJ10- white/black/silver

AJ11- concords

AJ12-White/black

my first pair of j's was the concord 11 in 95-96...i found them at a store named rooster andrews for 125; then i got the black toe 13's when the first released; then the 23's, that were trash...the soles were hard as hell. those are the only ones ive goten when they were first released

5- wht/blk/red
7- oly's
8- aquas and playoffs
9- charcoals
11 breds
12- taxi's
13- breds,flints,wht/blk/red,lowtop blk/navy
14- blk toes,breds,wht/red,indiglo's,lowtop wht/baby blue
15- breds
16- wht/red lowtops
17- wht/red
18- wht/red
20- stealths
21- blk/gry
22- breds
23- stealths

Bonus

35bikck.jpg

1z15n3b.jpg

I loved this Jordan jacket as a kid

ejitdz.jpg

AJ XX2 White/red/black
AJ XX3 all but UNC(I REALLY NEED A PAIR) and premiums/lows
AJ2011 and AJ2010 on discount if you count those

Black Toe XIIIs were my first real pair of Js back in middle school. I had wanted other pairs before that, but was never able to get some of my favorite colorways like the Playoff XIIs. I've definitely done a lot of catching up since then though...lol

The XI retros in 2000 are what really got me into Jordans but my first OG pair was actually the white/navy XVI. I still have them in nearly perfect condition, although they are a size to small .

I also got some hand me down playoff 13s and white/black 14s from my friends older brother when I was younger, but I dont really count those because they were "last years jays" and kinda beat up by the time he gave them to me
laugh.gif

I also copped the White/Red XVI lowtop on layaway at footlocker and the Ginger XVI on sale later in the year. I went on to buy the Black/Metallic-Silver XVIIs on RD. After that I didnt mess with a pair of current year OGs  until the white/black xx2, I copped those from Pickyourshoes about a week or 2 before the RD.

1-13 were the OG's I covered. From my jodan 1's purchased at JcPenny's for $60 back in 4th grade to the XI's I seen while working at FL. An Ekin rep pull out the shoe with a 45 on the back and I instantly knew I had started a new passion.

TB 3 6th grade(used tho,a friend gave to me)....Mili 4s,Xmas gift 6th grade,Thanks Gma)....Infra 6,,Black/Red 7,,,Playoff 8,,,then 17 -23 the Mili 4s are the pair that unleashed the monster lol...Damn I loved those 4s,With the cool fat nike keychain...Can you imagine how hard it was for me (a 6th grader) to not wear them over xmas break and wait until we went back to.show off my crispy white new Jays haha...Back then if you had Jays YOU WERE THE MAN!

XII - Taxis and the Playoffs
XIV - Black toe's and Last Shots
XV - All black (only cause they were $75 for me)

'90 AJ V Black/ Metallic-Silver
'91 AJ VI Black/infrared..."My Personal Favorites"
'92 AJ VII Black (playoffs)
'93 AJ VIII Black/Aquas
'94 AJ IX Black/Charcoal
'95 AJ X Black/Shadow
'95 AJ XI Concords
'96 AJ XI BRED
'97 AJ XII BRED (Playoff aways)
'98 AJ XIII Black/Wht (Playoff homes)
'01 AJ XVI Blue/Wht
'05 AJ XX White/Black
'06 AJ XXI White/Black
'07 AJ XXII Black/Red
'08 AJ XXIII Black/Stealth

i have to say i was lucky enough to have had every OG jordan in almost every hot colorway

you name the shoes and chance's are ive had them

and i am not going to lie , i was able to get all of these shoes because whenever a pair came out i would go back and forth between my mom , both my grandmothers and 1 grandfather and they would get them all for me........

i got the first jordans in 1985 when they dropped , i was 14 yrs old and that was it i fell in love

the shoes i i had.......

4 pairs of the og 1s

red/wht/blk
red/blk
royal/blk
red/wht/blk ko's (my dad got me these but at the time i thought they sucked because they were canvas and not leather so i wore them a few time then i gave them to my friend , stupid move now)

1 pair of 2's wht/red/blk

3 pairs of 3's
wht cements
blk cements
fire reds ( i didnt like the true blues because i felt they werent chicago bulls colors so i didnt get them)

2 pairs of 4's
wht cements
blk/reds

3 pairs of 5's
blk/met silver
wht/red/blk
red/wht/blk with 23
(i thought the grapes sucked because they were purple )

4 pairs of 6's
white infared
blk infared
maroons
carmines (i didnt want the september / sport blues because they were not bulls colors)

4 pairs of 7's
hares
olympics
bordeaux
blk/ dark charcoal / true red

i can keep going on but you get the idea

anyway , i will say i am glad to have been born when i was because

i was able to have and wear the very best of the best jordans.................................................................peace23

Sky Jordan II (white/black/red)
V (black/metallic silver)
VI (black/infrared)
VII (black/red) (bordeaux)
VIII (black/red)
X (white/powder blue)
XI (white/concord)
XII (white/taxi)
XVI (ginger)

Originally Posted by icopjordans82

5- wht/blk/red
7- oly's
8- aquas and playoffs
9- charcoals
11 breds
12- taxi's
13- breds,flints,wht/blk/red,lowtop blk/navy
14- blk toes,breds,wht/red,indiglo's,lowtop wht/baby blue
15- breds
16- wht/red lowtops
17- wht/red
18- wht/red
20- stealths
21- blk/gry
22- breds
23- stealths

Bonus

35bikck.jpg

1z15n3b.jpg

I loved this Jordan jacket as a kid

ejitdz.jpg

Haha....great pics.  
smile.gif

I had a picture of me rocking the black/red AJ1's when I was 9 yrs old with some grape smuggler shorts on I think a Road Warriors(wrestling) t shirt. Gotta see if I still have it

AJ IV Fire Red
AJ V Fire Red without 23
AJ VI Black Infrared
AJ VII Bordeaux

It was the AJ IV that started my obsession with nike. lol

Hmm, let's see,

I remember choosing the white/hot lava Agassi's over the IV's, but then BEGGED my mom to get me the V's for a summer hoops camp. My list goes like this:

1990 - AJ V: Black/Metallic Silver
1991 - AJ VI: Black/Infrared, White/Sport Blue
1992 - AJ VII: Black/Graphite/Bordeaux, White/Silver/True Red, Black/Dk Charcoal/True Red
1993 - AJ VIII: White/Zen Grey/True Red, Black/True Red
1994 - AJ IX: Black/White/True Red, White/Black/University Blue
1995 - AJ X: White/Steel Grey, Black/Dark Shadow
1996 - AJ XI: All colors

Then, from the XI on (once I hit college and started making my own extra $$), I had at least one of every color released until the XIX. With the XIX, I started being more particular, and only bought the colors I truly liked and would wear. In most cases, with the exception of the XX, I only bought one color. The 2010 is still the only signature model that I don't have at least one pair of (unless you count the 2010 Teams, which were great shoes).

Peace,
J

Back
Top Bottom