What prevents the Penny IVs from being a classic?

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Who said they weren't? Dudes who play ball swore/swear by them. They were the best shoe out of the line from a performance standpoint.

Lack of hype/casual appeal doesn't necessarily mean a shoe isn't classic for it's intended purpose. Word to Air Pegasus.
wink.gif

Oh and by the way, to those complaining about the narrow fit, try cutting the elastic between the top part of the shoe. It will change everything.

Originally Posted by AIR23JORDANXIII

Penny IV's are dope. They are "classic" in my book.
Yeah me too! I love the fit on mine, yeah there a little tuff to get on but once they are on they fit like a glove and they have really goodankle support.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sallymander

Yeah me too! I love the fit on mine, yeah there a little tuff to get on but once they are on they fit like a glove and they have really good ankle support.
pimp.gif

Agreed.

Originally Posted by SHERLOCK FOAMS

Who said they weren't? Dudes who play ball swore/swear by them. They were the best shoe out of the line from a performance standpoint.

Lack of hype/casual appeal doesn't necessarily mean a shoe isn't classic for it's intended purpose. Word to Air Pegasus.
wink.gif
Because compared to the 1, 2, and foams.. they get no love.. but the OG Penny 4s.. not the retros are my fav. shoe.

I guarantee if the black phoenix suns colorway s retroed in "limited" quantities, y'all non-believers are gonna be yelling "ReasonableDoubt" and "Blueprint."

Politics as use-u-wow.

laugh.gif

Everyone has their own opinion on what's a classic and what's not. But these are a classic in my book too.

This shoe is a classic to me. I chose the OG white/blk/blue over the Jordan XIV, when they landed in stores in November 1998, and I had no regrets. Theperformance, style, and the simplicity was a good to me. The retro version of the wht/blk/blue were a joke. Sadly, I may cop them for dirt cheap at this spot.:/

Originally Posted by SoulCollector1

I agree, "uninspired" is a good word to describe the design...
i would add a big teaspoon of no '' hype'' as well...

p.s. sentimental and nostalgic value cant be underestimated...

Originally Posted by KingJay718

This shoe is a classic to me. I chose the OG white/blk/blue over the Jordan XIV, when they landed in stores in November 1998, and I had no regrets. The performance, style, and the simplicity was a good to me. The retro version of the wht/blk/blue were a joke. Sadly, I may cop them for dirt cheap at this spot. :/
where is that at.. I need a fresh pair (even tho I dont like em).. Just to complete my collection.. cuz mine are yellowing

i think they were still a great lookin shoe i liked the white black royal colorway and i still would not mind if i came across a pair

Originally Posted by MJsaver

COULDVE BEEN BETTER BUT I WAS RUSHING
those are super trash!.. Hey.. where are the IVs on the 1/2 cents?

Yes very minimal but yea

check nicekicks.com there is a breakdown of the shoe

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I think they LOOK dope, but performance wise, they weren't on par...
word, these are probably the BEST perfoming pennies.....

problem with the penny IV's is NIKE put em threw the retro ringer......tooooo many wack colors

when they OG came out they sold out in alot of colors i wanted to cop.

The retro + colorways tainted this shoe beyond belief. The white/grey and blk/red were well received. But it all went to hell in a Nike bag from there

cause they ugly just like the 2 and 3 ....only pennys i would cop are Penny Air Max OG Orlando ONLY, Royal or Egg Foams and 1/2 Cent, i buy shoes cause i likeem not cause theyre hyped up. I wouldnt wear Penny 2,3 or 4 if i got em for free. Just my opinion dont start talkin junk everybody got their preference.....

when they came out during 1998-1999 i remember the white black blue colorway, did they make them in any other colors during that time?

Back
Top Bottom