What prevents the Penny IVs from being a classic?

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Originally Posted by MJsaver

COULDVE BEEN BETTER BUT I WAS RUSHING
those are super trash!.. Hey.. where are the IVs on the 1/2 cents?
What about those is trash? Obviously the quality isn't on par with the originals, but as far as the colorway is concerned it would have fitright in with the 20 or so original colors they released. And I'm willing to bet that had they been originals and not retro, you and most other people herewould be all over them. Nike botched the Penny 4 retro, but this color is by far the best they released.

that strap is terrible
laugh.gif

i just gave away my pair of cool grey iv's to a friend of mine...i think it's time to get em back lol..

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

Originally Posted by MJsaver

COULDVE BEEN BETTER BUT I WAS RUSHING
those are super trash!.. Hey.. where are the IVs on the 1/2 cents?
What about those is trash? Obviously the quality isn't on par with the originals, but as far as the colorway is concerned it would have fit right in with the 20 or so original colors they released. And I'm willing to bet that had they been originals and not retro, you and most other people here would be all over them. Nike botched the Penny 4 retro, but this color is by far the best they released.
Had you been reading my other posts.. I said I was in love with the OGS and is my favorite shoe.. But the retros are garbage.. not the same suedematerial

Originally Posted by The R0yal Family

pennyIV12999.jpg

sh_bb_airpenney.jpg

11-30-034.jpg

i couldn't find any pics of the Phoenix Suns colorway, the black/red, and the white/grey
eek.gif

I had those.. man.. I had about 9 pairs of the IV's.. but this pic is life size.. I wish I could just take em and wear em

I like straps but the look deviated to much from the ones that preceded it. Wasn't a good transition from three to four. I still like the IV but it cancompare to the others.

Also you can see where they tried to incorporate the II and III in this shoe but it just added to the confusion people that dislike the shoe have pertaining tothe IV

Originally Posted by KingJay718

This shoe is a classic to me. I chose the OG white/blk/blue over the Jordan XIV, when they landed in stores in November 1998, and I had no regrets. The performance, style, and the simplicity was a good to me. The retro version of the wht/blk/blue were a joke. Sadly, I may cop them for dirt cheap at this spot. :/

They are classics to me. I didnt have the luxury of having a pair of OGs but i love my wht/blk/ble retros (worn them yesterday) I wish i could cop anotherpair. Would an OG pair be wearable now?

I remember last year they had a full size run in the all blacks for $30 at nike outlet. I bought a pair and returned them the next day. I never liked theseshoes, whats funny is that nothing from that shoe is in the 1/2 Cents...lol, that shoe is like the black sheep out the rest of the pennys..lol.... They arevery narrow and a little uncomfortable. They are rediculous to put on. took me like 2 mins to get 1 shoe on...the overall look of the shoe is trash, seems likethey didn't put much thought in the design of the shoe, ever other penny for the 4's had great design and they seem to take some from the last releaseinto the new release like jordans, but the 4's didn't take and que's from any of the previous penny releases. The white/black/ blue colorway iscool. I just want them to add to my penny collection but other than that. they can still stay on the shelf....

Originally Posted by TaggPopperNJ

I remember last year they had a full size run in the all blacks for $30 at nike outlet. I bought a pair and returned them the next day. I never liked these shoes, whats funny is that nothing from that shoe is in the 1/2 Cents...lol, that shoe is like the black sheep out the rest of the pennys..lol.... They are very narrow and a little uncomfortable. They are rediculous to put on. took me like 2 mins to get 1 shoe on...the overall look of the shoe is trash, seems like they didn't put much thought in the design of the shoe, ever other penny for the 4's had great design and they seem to take some from the last release into the new release like jordans, but the 4's didn't take and que's from any of the previous penny releases. The white/black/ blue colorway is cool. I just want them to add to my penny collection but other than that. they can still stay on the shelf....

The forefoot section of the sole of the 1/2 cent is from the Penny IV. If you look closely, you can see the pod design.

What is this with everyone having a problem putting them on.. That's what that Velcro under the strap on the side of the shoe is for.. Either yu are lazy..Or have feet like fred flintstone..

I personally love this shoe. Always did. I didnt have the OG's but I have the white/blk/blue and the blk/white retro colorways. It all depends on theperson, you gonna have people that like em, and hate em, but if they were to release now they would sell alot better because of the hype swirling aroundpenny's shoes

What is this with everyone having a problem putting them on.. That's what that Velcro under the strap on the side of the shoe is for.. Either yu are lazy.. Or have feet like fred flintstone..

Lol!.......Agreed.

oh yeah.. also.. I think nike did a good job with making these.. because for one.. the season before these came out.. Penny had injury that limited him to 20games.. and so they made a shoe based off that.. and as far as the design.. I guess they tried to keep them clean and simple to match the Magic's clean andsimple jersey (the ones with the in the background).. and they went together well..

Originally Posted by AIR23JORDANXIII

Originally Posted by TaggPopperNJ

I remember last year they had a full size run in the all blacks for $30 at nike outlet. I bought a pair and returned them the next day. I never liked these shoes, whats funny is that nothing from that shoe is in the 1/2 Cents...lol, that shoe is like the black sheep out the rest of the pennys..lol.... They are very narrow and a little uncomfortable. They are rediculous to put on. took me like 2 mins to get 1 shoe on...the overall look of the shoe is trash, seems like they didn't put much thought in the design of the shoe, ever other penny for the 4's had great design and they seem to take some from the last release into the new release like jordans, but the 4's didn't take and que's from any of the previous penny releases. The white/black/ blue colorway is cool. I just want them to add to my penny collection but other than that. they can still stay on the shelf....

The forefoot section of the sole of the 1/2 cent is from the Penny IV. If you look closely, you can see the pod design.

Some of y'all must be blind.

The entire suede upper (the non-foamposite portions of the shoe, minus the heal cup) and the inner sock sleeve is fromthe IV.

And no part of the outsole from the IV is used on the 1/2 (unless you consider the herringbone pattern, but that formation was mainly used on the FoampositeOne).

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

MJRM2384 wrote:

Nothing prevents them..the OGs are classics
Pretty much.....

REDICULOUSLY
smokin.gif

Nike...Please retro that colorway & the OG Black/Royal/Whites. Had the OGs, but I wore a 9.5 back then. Feet grew so I gave them to my lil' cousin.

Penny 4s are INDEED CLASSIC! And like previously stated, the OG colorway flew off the shelves. The 4s were a lesson in Nike bastardizing ashoe with an unlimited supply of nasty @#$% retro colorways.

Nike do whats right...release the Penny 4 in ONLY those two colorways!

BTW...These new jack sneaker conniseurs kill me with all this out of nowhere al-mighty luv for nothing but Penny foams or anything resembling a Penny Foam."I don't have the Royal Penny Foams, so I'ma get me 12 pairs of 1/2 Cents, yeah...all just for me."

When did this @#$% start? When did my DopeDealers become loved nationwide?

I recently saw a vid on Youtube of some buffoon bragging about his two pairs of Royal Penny Foams. How he spent $550 to get one pair, and just unds his otherpair that he spent $450 for.

$500...What?!
eek.gif

I'd luv to know why this obvious New Jack didn't just go to the store and drop $200 when they released a year and a half ago.

The NT Hype is a Muva...
smh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

Back
Top Bottom