What protein powder are you using? /Recommend me one

Originally Posted by Rightguard

i drink raw eggs mixxed with the whey get your protein game up

laugh.gif
ok Rocky

only 50% of the protein from eggs are absorbed if they are eaten raw but 98% is absorbed if they are eaten cooked

where is the sense in that?

Perfect timing for this thread, i'm about to head back to the gym and I was wondering what I should take right after my workout. I don't have access toa whole plate of food right when I get out of the gym so I wanted to see what you guys would recommend right after the workout.

Also when is the best time to drink a shake before, during or after. I always heard that you should take it withing 15 minutes post workout but I bet some ofyou know better than me so any info is much appreciated.

i have a shake before and after..............that window is about 1 hour post..........

also a shake does not replace your meals

i use muscle milk cuz my girl gets it for free. Doesnt taste too bad. I take it right after working out and before I go to sleep

i hear it's best right after you work out. you want protein to be absorbed right afterwards. during workout, i heard you can feel bloated so it might beuncomfortable and before workout..i guess you can say same thing.

i run 2 miles everytime i go to gym so from now i'm going to run first, then lift, then immediately drink the shake.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

laugh.gif
ok Rocky

only 50% of the protein from eggs are absorbed if they are eaten raw but 98% is absorbed if they are eaten cooked

before you get your panties in a bunch i was just joking trying to get people to drink it....butt noooo sherlock holmes had to get all bill nye onme nonetheless get caisen for night, and whey for after work outs

i take Mass XXX and 100% whey protein (they're in the big red bottles at gnc). I got them when they're on sale buy one get second one half off and ithink it's alright i mean i prefer protein bar over them cause it tastes bad after a while especially if you're taking the same flavor every time youwork out. But honestly if you're trying to get results then it doesn't matter what you're taking. I've been working out for 2 years now andi've tried some of the protein mixes out there but i have to say that protein bars are my favorite.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i hear it's best right after you work out. you want protein to be absorbed right afterwards. during workout, i heard you can feel bloated so it might be uncomfortable and before workout..i guess you can say same thing.

i run 2 miles everytime i go to gym so from now i'm going to run first, then lift, then immediately drink the shake.
I feel you on the bloated thing, I could see that happening to me. I did the same routine your gonna do during January when I was going to thegym, thing is that I got on the treadmill ran for about 20 minutes, i was sweating profusely and it was not a good look when I got on the machines and drippingmore than normal sweat.

Also I was taking Muscle Milk right after my workouts, should I stick with it or can anyone tell me of an alternative post pre-made shake that I could get ata GNC or one of those health stores.

laugh.gif
ok Rocky

Oh yeah..my post work out meal: 3 egg whites, several slices of watermelon, banana, low fat string cheese, extra lean turkey, and a cup of lowfat yogurt. This is probably my biggest meal of the day, all in all...about 500 cals with a lot of protein, potassium and carbs to help refuel. Raw eggsaren't as safe as they were in the Rocky days..look up Salmonella contamination. This is just the line of work my major is concern with so I couldn'tmess with that stuff.

Stuff you guys should integrate into your eating habits (I know they're not supplements, but a lot can be tasty snacks nonetheless).....peanut butter,almond, lean meat, berries, non/low fat yogurt, beans, whole grains.

good to hear i made the right choice...

i was about to cop the big huge ugly red bottles that GNC makes but someone told me those are terrible...

also what other ON flavors are good? the chocolate in milk tastes pretty damn good it makes me want to drink it for the hell of it.
i have vanilla, it taste OK with just milk...but its pretty damn good with some strawberries, blueberries, and bananas

i might have to cop the chocolate kind for when i just need to drink it real fast...anyone tried double chocolate? how is it?

Originally Posted by retro23phan

muscletech nitrotech is where its at. 26x better than whey protein
also muscletech celltech, i was not kidding around on that one thread about taking them both together.
Guaranteed to gain 10-15 pounds in two weeks.

Who cares if you gain 15lbs in two weeks when it's 12lbs water, 3lbs fat, and 0.5lbs muscle.

i have a shake before and after..............that window is about 1 hour post..........

O'rly?

4. There's a one-hour window of opportunity for protein synthesis following a workout.

You may be wondering: is this a myth because the real window is half an hour? Two or 3 hours? Maybe 6 hours? Sadly, in the past 2 weeks I've read different articles, all suggesting that the "window" is one of the above lengths of time.

It's not surprising that with this type of inconsistency that this is probably the most pervasive myth in bodybuilding today! Worse yet, it stems directly from the scientific research itself. The most often cited research on the protein synthetic post workout window, used elderly subjects (Esmark et al., 2001) and cardio exercise findings (Levenhagen et al., 2001) to make their predictions. While this is a completely acceptable practice when these are the only data we have to go on, there are a couple noteworthy problems.

Elderly individuals digest and absorb protein differently than healthy adults. In fact, they digest and absorb whey protein in a similar manner as they do casein (Dangin et al., 2003); in other words they have slow digestion and absorption for whey. Elderly also benefit from having 80% of their daily protein consumed at a single sitting (Arnal et al., 1999), in contrast to the benefits of our multiple feedings.

Additionally, the traditionally referenced Esmark et al. (2001), study showed that consuming the post workout meal just 2 hours after working out actually prevented any improvements induced by the training! Figure that one out and you get a prize.

Secondly, with regards to cardio…well, let's just say that there's an obvious difference between how our muscles respond to the two forms of exercise. Bear in mind that with regard to carbohydrate metabolism following a workout, there might not be much of a difference-we just don't know, but certainly the long-term protein metabolism differences can be seen.

So now what are we supposed to base our nutrition on? Enter the most underrated scientific paper in the last 5 years. Tipton and colleagues (2003) examined responsiveness of protein synthesis for a day after a workout, and found it to reflect a 24 hour enhanced level. That's right folks, a FULL DAY! This means that having a morning shake will have the same impact on muscle protein synthesis as one consumed following the workout!

These results shouldn't be too surprising because we've known for over a decade that postworkout protein synthesis is jacked up for this long (MacDougall et al., 1995), but if you're discovering this for the first time, then it's pretty exciting!

Some research suggests that even 48 hours after the workout our protein synthesis levels can be elevated by ~33% (Phillips et al., 1997), giving us an even longer period during which we can maximize our muscle growth with protein drinks.

Strike one for the one hour post workout window.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ition/the_top_10_post_workout_nutrition_myths

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I use that as well. Bodybuiling.com FTW!

Also, I use Syntha 6....the vanilla flavor is
pimp.gif

Muscle Milk is good too although it is used primarily as a weight gainer because of the increased fat...the blueberries and cream flavor is good.
lol im on BB.com to ..

lol i like whey ON .. but gold slandered is good.

complex is another suggestion.

Lurkin took your advice about the size on

Stopped using torrent and about to start using that, and ON whey
I take animal pak too so I didn't get the 4ever isolate(figured I would have enough aminos in me)

laugh.gif
ok Rocky

before you get your panties in a bunch i was just joking trying to get people to drink it....butt noooo sherlock holmes had to get all bill nye on me nonetheless get caisen for night, and whey for after work outs

i was suppose to know you were joking?
laugh.gif

casein*

fixed.
lol

rocky you were serious though, you just feel
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by that WAVE

Lurkin took your advice about the size on

Stopped using torrent and about to start using that, and ON whey
I take animal pak too so I didn't get the 4ever isolate(figured I would have enough aminos in me)

like i said.............its def a bulk...........superpump/size on

eat clean.

trust I can USE the bulk lol...
yea I'm eating as clean as possible now, hard on a college campus at times
about how many calories/protein do you recommend I get in a day

I'm 5'10 155lbs (I'm a hard gainer...was stuck at 135-140 for the longest)
like I eat as I'm bulking but still gain lean muscle with minimum signs of bloating or fat

Originally Posted by wanksta23

good to hear i made the right choice...

i was about to cop the big huge ugly red bottles that GNC makes but someone told me those are terrible...

also what other ON flavors are good? the chocolate in milk tastes pretty damn good it makes me want to drink it for the hell of it.
i have vanilla, it taste OK with just milk...but its pretty damn good with some strawberries, blueberries, and bananas

i might have to cop the chocolate kind for when i just need to drink it real fast...anyone tried double chocolate? how is it?
I have the double rich chocolate. I don't know why, but I always get the runs after I drink some

so i shake in the morning follwed by regular eating is straight??

ive read that you should add 1g per 1lb of body weight, dont sound right though...

maybe half?

hey wj4,

if you hit back twice a week, i assume you're not doing deadlifts? Your back would be murdered for real.. you hit chest twice a week too? i assume you liftlighter?

deadlifts, pullups, bent over rows = sore for the next couple days

hmm i'm trying to lose weight and gain muscle so definately not eating all the food that was posted before.

i eat stuff that has high protein and fiber, while having 0 or almost 0 fat and low calories. the fiber and protein keeps you pretty full and if you eat like5-6 times a day (like every 2-3 hours) you won't go hungry. so buy a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, tuna, salmon, chicken, beans (refried or kidney) andfor sauce some salsa. oatmeal is good too and skim milk also is good for protein.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by retro23phan

muscletech nitrotech is where its at. 26x better than whey protein
also muscletech celltech, i was not kidding around on that one thread about taking them both together.
Guaranteed to gain 10-15 pounds in two weeks.

Who cares if you gain 15lbs in two weeks when it's 12lbs water, 3lbs fat, and 0.5lbs muscle.
roll.gif
roll.gif
you clearly weren't around when dude posted about gaining weight for anevent and needing 15-20 pounds.
When you BOLD what i wrote, it clearly did not say pounds in muscle. Not everyone that takes protein/and/or/creatine wants to gain muscle

Back
Top Bottom