What protein powder are you using? /Recommend me one

Originally Posted by syxth element

hey wj4,

if you hit back twice a week, i assume you're not doing deadlifts? Your back would be murdered for real.. you hit chest twice a week too? i assume you lift lighter?

deadlifts, pullups, bent over rows = sore for the next couple days
sorta true. i know i'm a heavy lifter and those get you messed up for a couple days, but you should be able to put in work after 48 hours ifyou accustomed to it. i don't mess with deadlifts becuase i've always feared i'll break my knees. they're already grinded and all

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

This is my first time taking protein powder and I just bought the Optimum nutrition 100% whey protein chocolate malt. It tastes good and mixes fairly well and doesn't have a lot of other junk in it and has good amount of protein. What do you guys use and is there anything that's worth buying next time?
Also, when do i have to take it? right after you work out (obviously), but some say they also take it right after they wake up and before they go to sleep...are those necessary?

41F6abD36YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This in Choc.
tongue.gif

my AM shakes look like this
Skim Milk
Whey protein (choc)
2 fruits (ALWAYS get blueberries, and the other is usually strayberries, or half a bananna)
Liquid Muli-vit
Flax-seed Oil
Fish Oil (soon)

This is actually a really good shake... use it for my after morning Workouts.!

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by Vancity74

retro23phan wrote:

muscletech nitrotech is where its at. 26x better than whey protein

also muscletech celltech, i was not kidding around on that one thread about taking them both together.

Guaranteed to gain 10-15 pounds in two weeks.

Who cares if you gain 15lbs in two weeks when it's 12lbs water, 3lbs fat, and 0.5lbs muscle.
roll.gif
roll.gif
you clearly weren't around when dude posted about gaining weight for an event and needing 15-20 pounds.
When you BOLD what i wrote, it clearly did not say pounds in muscle. Not everyone that takes protein/and/or/creatine wants to gain muscle

So then why the f--- would you be taking creatine and protein? "Hey guys, this new creatine is GREAT for gaining water weight.. I just love how loose mymuscles are starting to look. I suggest you give it a shot."

Like, c'mon fam...

Quick question...

I heard a rumor that if you take these protein powders it can result in kidney stones. I was wondering if this was true and how much you would have to consumebefore actually getting them.

I was just wondering because i previously had kidney stones in the past and would never want to go through such pain again.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

Quick question...

I heard a rumor that if you take these protein powders it can result in kidney stones. I was wondering if this was true and how much you would have to consume before actually getting them.

I was just wondering because i previously had kidney stones in the past and would never want to go through such pain again.

Thanks.
sick.gif
...damn man sorry to hear thar
kidney stones is def one of my worst fears

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

Quick question...

I heard a rumor that if you take these protein powders it can result in kidney stones. I was wondering if this was true and how much you would have to consume before actually getting them.

Thanks.
sick.gif
...damn man sorry to hear thar
kidney stones is def one of my worst fears

Thanks man, and yeah i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy...
tired.gif

But i just started working out again and heard that rumor and was wondering if it was true any knowledgable heads in here know?

retro23phan wrote:

also muscletech celltech, i was not kidding around on that one thread about taking them both together.

Who cares if you gain 15lbs in two weeks when it's 12lbs water, 3lbs fat, and 0.5lbs muscle.
roll.gif
roll.gif
you clearly weren't around when dude posted about gaining weight for an event and needing 15-20 pounds.
When you BOLD what i wrote, it clearly did not say pounds in muscle. Not everyone that takes protein/and/or/creatine wants to gain muscle

So then why the f--- would you be taking creatine and protein? "Hey guys, this new creatine is GREAT for gaining water weight.. I just love how loose my muscles are starting to look. I suggest you give it a shot."

Like, c'mon fam...
this response is straight ******ed. Weight is weight, it does not matter if it has to be muscle or not. You think everyones body type is the same?You believe everyone can just gain weight from eating extreme amounts of calories? No, some people need that protein/creatine/or whatever to push them off thatplateau that they are stuck on. Have you ever picked up a menshealth magazine? The majority of the stories are from dudes who take supplements, gain weight,than burns it off thus leaving them magnificently toned/cut. However, i do know creatine is mainly water weight but thats why you take it with protein. Like imention earlier, the guy who posted last time said he needed weight, not muscle. If you were to ask me which is easier, gaining weight than cutting or beingcut and trying to gain mass. It is clear you know the answer because at least with gaining weight then cutting there is no plateau.

So then what's the point of gaining weight? Who wants to gain weight if it isn't lean. This concept is straight ******ed.

You need to put down the magazines.

Anyone else get acne from protein powders?

I used to drink ON 100% whey for 3 years until I stopped it cold turkey last summer. I would always get the worst breakouts while drinking that stuff, as soonas I stopped, I never broke out again.

It sucks trying to eat 200 grams of protein without consuming shakes, but the sacrifice was well worth it.

no i will do one better, i will purchase you some magazines. You think powerlifters are lean? Seriously? Bodybuilders yes, but how about powerlifters? or those300+ pound football players? The purpose of gaining weight is to get bigger. Not everyone's perspective on gaining weight is to get lean. Some peopleprefer the method of gaining weight than cutting. I see wrestlers do it all the time. Hell when i was doing high school wrestling and football that is what idid. i will be honest with you, i have not gain weight as in fat in years, it wasnt until i took creatine and protein by muscletech that i realize wow i gainseven pounds over spring break. Some may be water and the other fat but im happy i finally gain weight. I may be one of the few examples who have been lean alltheir life and want to gain weight

however i do understand your concept of just creatine being water weight, i use to wonder that all the time when i see my friends taking creatine, then oncethey stopped, they were small again.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I used to drink ON 100% whey for 3 years until I stopped it cold turkey last summer. I would always get the worst breakouts while drinking that stuff, as soon as I stopped, I never broke out again.

It sucks trying to eat 200 grams of protein without consuming shakes, but the sacrifice was well worth it.
its weird i never experience this but alot of my friends have, my little brother just started taking whey protein and he is breaking out likecrazy on his back, my mom is pissed at me because she believes i have influence him. She does not buy milk anymore and even hid the scale so we can't weighourselves. The only thing i hate is my shoulder blades are have very tiny bumps as if it is similar to pimples but does not have pores. I believe it is fromthe bench machines are 24 hour or just the way i position my back when i workout on the benches.

I get what you're saying, but who said anything about powerlifters, football players, etc? And I guess you don't realize that you're talking tosomeone that went from 170 in October to 195 in January and now back down to about 178ish (and I'm taking creatine right now, I'd love to see how leanI am if I cycled off it). I'm very familiar with the bulk/cut cycle, and as a classic endomorph, it's hard for me to gain without putting on fat, butit's possible. I'll never do a dirty bulk in my life again. I don't care if it takes me a year to put on 5lbs of LEAN muscle this way becauseit's not a race and at that rate, by the time I'm in my late 20's, I'll be a lean 200 which at 5'11 is pretty jacked. I'm not anathlete either, this is strictly bodybuilding for me.

it's hard for me to gain without putting on fat, but it's possible. it's not a race
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
you and me both. I have been small all my life. I got into wrestling andfootball as a confidence booster. Been around 5-6% bodyfat for the longest time and i was willing to give it up just so i can gain weight. But honestly5'11 200 pounds, i envy you on height alone.

' Anything muscletech=trash

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I used to drink ON 100% whey for 3 years until I stopped it cold turkey last summer. I would always get the worst breakouts while drinking that stuff, as soon as I stopped, I never broke out again.

its weird i never experience this but alot of my friends have, my little brother just started taking whey protein and he is breaking out like crazy on his back, my mom is pissed at me because she believes i have influence him. She does not buy milk anymore and even hid the scale so we can't weigh ourselves. The only thing i hate is my shoulder blades are have very tiny bumps as if it is similar to pimples but does not have pores. I believe it is from the bench machines are 24 hour or just the way i position my back when i workout on the benches.

Ummmmmmmmm..... HUH?

The logic behind this is......?

Back
Top Bottom